My townies won't build a masonry..

General discussion about the game

My townies won't build a masonry..

Postby MakenzieSummer » Wed May 23, 2012 6:50 pm

I have everything they need to build one but when they still wont build it, they take the stone to the carpentry zone and then the stone just disappears and they just sit there. Luckily there willing to eat raw food or they'd be starving right now, since they also will gladly till land but not farm anything...
MakenzieSummer

Re: My townies won't build a masonry..

Postby Jontis_00 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:06 pm

MakenzieSummer wrote:I have everything they need to build one but when they still wont build it, they take the stone to the carpentry zone and then the stone just disappears and they just sit there. Luckily there willing to eat raw food or they'd be starving right now, since they also will gladly till land but not farm anything...

I know you said you have everything needed, but I still have to assume you don't, so do you have the hammer?
My Mods: 13 000+ downloads!

Check out and help test the new Creative Mod Reloaded.
Jontis_00

Postby EdiciusMai » Wed May 23, 2012 7:59 pm

I have forgotten to build hammers in a lot of new games and been wondering why my masonry never got built :P
I think it's quite a common mistake to make. For newer players, at least.
EdiciusMai

Postby City Builder » Thu May 24, 2012 12:08 am

I'm always left wondering why my Townies are not doing what I ordered them to do. Yesterday I found them all sitting in the arena room while I had orders for them to build my garden areas. I was getting a little frustrated since I know that I had modded my game so that barrels and other containers would hold up to 150 items in each container and I had 3 barrels full of stone, 2 full of mud, 2 full of cut flowers etc.

I couldn't understand what was going wrong. Then I finally noticed it. I keep my containers in rooms so that I can lock the doors for one room that contains only containers of colored gels, and another room that only has containers for things like goblin heads etc. In this way I can prevent my townies from going into the dungeons before they have been cleared by the adventurers. Well instead of locking the Spiderite room I had locked the regular resources room and so they could not get to the stone to continue with the garden park.

Thus far in the game since I adopted it a while back I have yet to find when my townies are standing around idling and I've got orders for them to do something, that it is the games fault. It's always been my own fault by not having the resources necessary for them to do my bidding.

So... My guess too is that you are missing something like the stone hammer.
City Builder

Return to General discussion