Add a "info" menu to the right-click menu (could probably do cooler things with some kind of tooltip, but whatever)
some examples of what these infos could provide:
On a zone:
- Efficiency: At what rate civilians work inside the zone. (changed depending on if outside, underground, if it is a house with roof ect..)
- Utilities: What is useful to build inside the zone, excluded decorations. (say for a carpentry: Carpenters bench, Wood detailer, Bonecarving bench.)
- Personal assignement: if you want to assign the zone to someone exclusively, or everyone, or have one or more supervisors that always prioritise doing whatever work that zone got queued, but if more help gets prioritised by the current prioritising system more will join them. (say if you want atleast 1 person always manufacturing stone walls, or anything you can do at the masonry, without having to re-prioritise so you suddenly have all citizen down there and stopping the food gathering that is much more vital atm. Also this can add to the rpg style, where you can build say a workplace and a personal room within the same walls and assign them to the same person so he gets his own little business.)
- Bonuses: The happiness amount the zone got, and from where it comes from. (say: +2 Decorations, +1 Walls, +1 Windows, +2 Well-lit, -4 Why does it smell like death in here? ect..)
- Used in: What items you use said material for. (I was really confused what to do with my copper ores until I looked it up on the wiki.)
- Amount: How many are lying around in the world that you have found. (like what you see when you want to automate harvesting atm.)
- Stored: Like amount but how many are placed in stockpiles/barrels.
- Class: More or less if its a food item you can eat, or material, or whatever.
- Assignement: Read zone. More or less what zone he is assigned to.
- Name: His/Hers name and a feature to rename him.
- Order: His/Hers current task and a way to either cancel and/or force him to do something else from the 8 part prioritisation. (possible problem, if he's gonna break out of his new prioritising after doing one task, or if you have to find him and get him to do the default prioritising.. The last option might be more and more annoying when you have 100+ civilians )
- Happyness: How happy this person is and how it affects his jobs speed, and movespeed.
There are probably many, many more things to impliment, but this is what I can think of right away which should all be useful one way or another.
Please add feedback on what you think of this and if I am unclear/need more examples, whatever Thank you and keep up the good work! Really admires you for being (what I've heard) a 2-man team and doing this well!