After seeing this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1659 I decided to make a save manager for Towns. This is the end result.
TownsSaveManager is a .NET application, deisgned to allow Towns players to have more control over the saves inside of towns. The application allows the creation, deletion, and renaming of worlds. Unfortunately, Towns (as of version 0.42b) does not contain an ingame save manager. So this is the best alternative! It require .NET Framework v4.0 and only runs on windows for that reason (i doubt it will work under Wine or Mono, because of where Towns stores game data).
- Create, delete and rename maps
- Full control over map type. Select one from the list, or create your own!
- Validation on map type creation, simply load the files you want for your type and BINGO, new map type!
- Import & Export Maps! Never lose your precious saves again!
- Import & Map types! Now you can share map generation XML files with your friends.
- Create map types, form either pre made XML files, or your own custom XML
- Works with 0.42b and above!
- Preferences dialog for choosing game version (altering the location that saves are looked for in!)
- Automatically backs up saves when towns isn't running!
- Restore saves form backup
Map type Menu:
1. Navigate to your Towns installation folder:
eg: "C:\program files\Towns"
2. Extract all of the content of the downloaded zip to that folder (the folder should contain Towns.exe)
3. Launch the application, you may want to make a shortcut to it!
- You May NOT distribute this without the express permission of Tom K.
- The author is in NO WAY responsible for any damages caused by the use of this application. Backup your files and be careful!
- The author is not responsible for loss of game progress due to accidental deletion by the user. once the save is gone, it's gone!
<removed - outdated program>