Hauling

Post here your suggestions for future Towns releases

Hauling

Postby Kasdar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:56 pm

I think it would be great, if townies prioritized hauling food items over all others. I frequently have my town covered in food for very long periods of time, when I issue a large mining order, or when I open a new dungeon level.

Another thing I would like to see, is for townies to prioritize hauling for the surface level, before level -2, and level -2 before level -4.
Kasdar

Re: Hauling

Postby ragnar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Hauling should have several mini hauling options (similar to barrels with different weapons). The same could be done for almost ever job, coking would have baking/meat production and similar
ragnar

Postby frenchiveruti » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:36 pm

I said this in one of my posts ;)
Is a very important thing to adjust the priorities of the hauling.
frenchiveruti

Postby Archas » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:18 am

I think a really useful hauling mechanic would be the ability to prioritize an area to haul from. Like, say you just cleared a dungeon floor and there's a buncha bones and ITEs and all, but one chamber has extraordinary items inside (like nice armor or gold ore) that you want to secure right away. Instead of waiting for your townies to rush around grabbing the less valuable stuff first, you select the "Haul Selection" button, drag the cursor across the items like you would with making a zone or issuing a mining command, and any items within the selection get absolute top hauling priority until the game detects no more items in that area.

I do like the idea of sub-prioritizing hauling in general, though. My town is very close to being called Cake-and-Steak Town. :(
Archas

Postby Sanzul » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:05 pm

I think having townies check the room they're in for containers before dropping something on the floor would help a lot. So if you've got prepared food barrels in the bakery, the bread gets dropped there instead of on the floor. It would help a lot with food and equipment clutter.
Sanzul

Postby nightarix » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:05 am

personally i like sanzuls idea would streamline the crafting process. as for the hauling job i think gathering food and other crafted material should be split from collecting raw resources/dropped equipment.
nightarix

Postby Kasdar » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:21 am

Sanzul wrote:I think having townies check the room they're in for containers before dropping something on the floor would help a lot. So if you've got prepared food barrels in the bakery, the bread gets dropped there instead of on the floor. It would help a lot with food and equipment clutter.

That would be all well and good, but I never store the finished product in the same room as where it was made, and one of the biggest things being wheat, and fruit arent in a room at all.
Kasdar

Postby gallenmuur » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:57 am

I would like to see the ability to ban a level from hauling all together. When I open up a dungeon I would prefer my heros to clear it out before my townies start hauling whats down there. I can ban them from hauling what is down there but this way I know they are not going down there at all.
gallenmuur

Return to Suggestions