Heroes need an AI upgrade

Post here your suggestions for future Towns releases

Heroes need an AI upgrade

Postby Nick7532 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:16 pm

So, I get a knight in my town and am like "Oh, well, I better get him some armor and a weapon!" So, I put the full set of gold armor that I had bought off a caravan using freaking dirt as currency in a armor locker in his room and he goes in there and for three days refuses to equip it. I open up the 6th layer, he runs in and DIES. I think it would be convenient if we could influence what heroes will equip.
Nick7532

Re: Heroes need an AI upgrade

Postby ragnar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:18 am

You should put items in market/arena area, there is where heroes will take the items, when they idle, they will not do it in there rooms
ragnar

Postby burningpet » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:29 am

Knights will never take stuff from the locker because they consider it stealing.

We will have a better way of influencing which items they will equip.
burningpet

Postby Sanzul » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:04 am

burningpet wrote:We will have a better way of influencing which items they will equip.

It would be very welcome. It's a bit annoying to see heroes running around in wood and iron (or even empty slots) while I'm in the process of upgrading all my workers to wearing hobgoblinite. I've got a half dozen full sets of spiderite armor and weapons (both bows and swords) just taking up space, but can't figure out a good way to give the stuff to the heroes.

On the general topic of giving equipment to heroes, some kind of store zone for selling things to heroes would fit the theme of running a stereotypical RPG town full of NPCs. People might have issues with controlling what's in stock, though. Determining how much money heroes have and what they spend it on might also get needlessly complicated.
Sanzul

Postby frenchiveruti » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:42 am

burningpet wrote:Knights will never take stuff from the locker because they consider it stealing.

We will have a better way of influencing which items they will equip.

Great!
Maybe a General store like sanzul said.
frenchiveruti

Postby jondregoz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:48 pm

I suggest that you need to upgrade the item to.
and you need to influencing the better items they will equip.
A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers.
Plato's hunting knives
jondregoz

Return to Suggestions