Average happiness Indicator

Post here your suggestions for future Towns releases

Average happiness Indicator

Postby Icemourne » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:00 pm

I thought it would be very useful to have the average happiness for your townies show somewhere.
Having average happiness show for every job group would be great also.
Icemourne

Re: Average happiness Indicator

Postby m0nkeybutt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:15 pm

+1 so freaking hard i would love like either a daily summery for net gain/loss of happiness or just a overall show of loss/gain so i don't have to watch the meter myself for long periods of time
m0nkeybutt

Postby Sanzul » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:10 am

Put it as an indicator next to the money counter at the top of the screen. Lots of space there with little information actually being shown.

I'd also like an always-visible counter for total food. It can be hard to get a good grasp of how your food production is balancing out if you're producing lots of different kinds of food, so a single number that sums it all up would be helpful (basically just a number for "total number of items in the world that could be placed in a prepared food barrel"). A useful additional feature would be to have it show as red or green depending on whether that number has gone up or down in the past minute, but just the number somewhere visible would be good.
Sanzul

Postby lel » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Yeah any in game information on the happiness mechanic would be welcomed..

It seems a bit like black magic at the moment.

Yes you can stockpile food and make every citizen idle. That certainly works.
But I think with a bit more information we could balance happiness with productivity and still get new immigrants every so often.
lel

Postby Jon_jon13 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Fishing, decorations, job groups, different kinds of food, cakes... all of this contributes to happiness, and so far I haven't had any problem getting inmigrants without even stopping my building and crafting process.
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby lel » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Jon_jon13 wrote:Fishing, decorations, job groups, different kinds of food, cakes... all of this contributes to happiness, and so far I haven't had any problem getting inmigrants without even stopping my building and crafting process.

The one thing I havent tried off your list is cakes.. (need to get off my ass and grow some sugar)
Yet I havent managed to strike the balance yet, that you have. Of getting immigrants and being in any way productive at the same time.

If we had some kind of indicator of how the happiness mechanic is working out for each town, we could compare my town to yours and see exactly where i'm at.
We would know at a glance whether Im doing almost as good as you but not quite enough for new immigrants, or whether I'm miles off.
lel

Postby iamaplayer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Icemourne wrote:I thought it would be very useful to have the average happiness for your townies show somewhere.
Having average happiness show for every job group would be great also.

+1 to both ideas.
iamaplayer

Return to Suggestions