Jobs: Separate priorities for each job group

Post here your suggestions for future Towns releases

Jobs: Separate priorities for each job group

Postby martoko » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:53 am

I think that it would be nice to have a priority list for each job group. An example of how it could be useful would be the following:
I would like to be able to have my haulers haul stuff, but if there is nothing to haul then help the bakers, and my bakers to bake, but if there is nothing to bake then help the haulers, and so on..
martoko

Re: Jobs: Separate priorities for each job group

Postby Zelman89 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Was originally purposed with the idea but still never got a response.
Zelman89 wrote:
burningpet wrote:The only thing i am not sure about is the group specific priorities.

Not 100% on how the code works but I notice a file for just priorities. Could each group be hard coded with a name (ie. Group1) that won't change on group nameing and would link to a matching priorities file (ie. Group1_Priorities). This way they can all have dynamic list that don't conflict? Sounds good on paper but have no idea what kind of trouble that will make.
Zelman89

Postby Shadewing » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:30 pm

I would just like to put forth my support of this suggestion, it would make my towns much more efficient. Right now the only group that is always working are my cooks and bakers.

+1
Shadewing

Postby burningpet » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:06 pm

We were debating it and never ruled strictly against it. but, coding wise, its not as simple as it sounds and may very well result in severe bottleneck on the system.

Currently its in lower priority, but its still in the list. (a proper pun should come here)
burningpet

Return to Suggestions