Larger maps, Female Heroes, Tiki style,Map Surveyor,ITElight

Post here your suggestions for future Towns releases

Larger maps, Female Heroes, Tiki style,Map Surveyor,ITElight

Postby iamaplayer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:40 pm

Larger maps, Female Heroes, Tiki style, Map Surveyor, ITE Lights.

Larger maps: as an option, since not everybody has a powerful machine.
At the moment, I think the map size is a bit small, especially when aiming for a very large population such as 250+ townies.
Example: the actual map size would be named "normal", then you could add maybe 2 or even 3 more sizes, such as "large", "extra large", and "humongous".

Tiki style: as Maxis did in the Sims 1 game, it looks really cool, a little tropical touch.
Examples: Tiki walls, roofs, and standing torches etc...this would allow bamboos to be used a lot more ingame.

Map Survey: once a year, a Surveyor would come to town (like a merchant kind of), and for a high price he could count the following entities on the map: flaura and fauna. So we know we got 5 Boars and 12 Cactus left for example.
Example: The Surveyor could come to the Marketplace, he gets paid, he walks the map a bit to survey it, come back to the marketplace with his report, and then leaves.

Towns need Female Heroes.

ITE lights: for instance the Spiderite will light up the x and y axis. So we end with a perpendicular shaped light, what about lighting up also the tile which is in diagonal from the light source? This way, we would end up with 3 tiles light up, instead of 2, which would look more realistic.
iamaplayer

Re: Larger maps, Female Heroes, Tiki style,Map Surveyor,ITEl

Postby Wolfy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:50 pm

There already are female heroes. Some rogues are female, and there is a visible difference in their appearance. And either some or all elves are female. You can tell by their names. I've had some elves and female townies with the same first names.
Wolfy

Location: All you need to know is I'm in Eastern Standard Time.

Postby sheldowned » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:47 am

I agree with most in this post.
I guess you said Heroes that are ONLY woman,no?I agree.It would bring diversity to the game.Imagine Fairies and Amazons,for instance.Could bring more diversity.
ITE lights not so much.Unless they had Magical Appearance,than I would agree too.
Tiki style:OF COURSE.More styles,the better.
Surbey don´t really seems necessary.Based on my opinion.
Larger map:as a option,hell yes.
Nice features in this post.Hope most of it becomes true.
PS:People hate fairies =D but i was talking about full priests.Maybe I should have used another name =p
Last edited by sheldowned on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sheldowned

Postby Anon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:31 am

I concur, we *NEED* female heroes. And they shouldn't be huge-boobed naked photo models either. Actual armor-clad heroes.

And god no, not fairies and amazons, REAL heroes.

(Also as for surveying, I would love to know how much of a certain resource I have accessible, without having the relevant caravan present. Clearly these numbers are available. Why can't we see them?!!!!)

This post needs supermalparit attention asap.
Anon

Postby caprontos » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:07 am

Anon wrote:I concur, we *NEED* female heroes. And they shouldn't be huge-boobed naked photo models either. Actual armor-clad heroes.

And god no, not fairies and amazons, REAL heroes.

(Also as for surveying, I would love to know how much of a certain resource I have accessible, without having the relevant caravan present. Clearly these numbers are available. Why can't we see them?!!!!)

This post needs supermalparit attention asap.

What does the stock panel (press F2) not show you that the caravan does?
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby iamaplayer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:26 am

Thanks for the feedback!
I wish the other thread got attention too, it's at: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9164

Back to topic, I made a mistake, I meant to say "Towns needs MORE Female Heroes."
Example: Lady Kickstone (We have Sir Punchwood...), a female in Knight Armor without a helmet. Female Mages, Highlanders, and Barbarians.

A surveyor's mission would be to count things that are in the wilderness, which we couldn't possibly do ourselves, such as: how many "wild" trees are left on the map, how many birds, roosters etc...It would have nothing to do with the Stock Panel, and the Merchant parallel was just to illustrate the Surveyor example.

ITE lights note: I made a mistake there too, here's what I meant: at the moment, the ITE Spiderite for instance will light up the ground in a cross shape. It would look better if ITE's would light up 8 squares instead of the actual 4. So instead of an odd cross shape, we would end with 8 tiles in the shape of a square being light up, which would look better.

Note: in years, this is the first time that I bring suggestions to a game to such extent, the reason is simple: I've played so many towns management games in the past (Caesar, Pharaoh, Emperor, Zeus, all the Settlers except 1 and 2, the Cultures series which is wonderful, Majesty 1 and 2, Beasts and Bumpkins, plus a lot more...).
Towns in my humble opinion is one the best games that I've played since 1998. Its potential is enormous, and the team in charge is listening to its customer base etc...
This is my personal opinion, please if you disagree don't flame the thread, thank you in advance people.
Last edited by iamaplayer on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
iamaplayer

Postby YetiChow » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:28 am

iamaplayer wrote:Larger maps, Female Heroes, Tiki style, Map Surveyor, ITE Lights.

Larger maps: as an option, since not everybody has a powerful machine.
At the moment, I think the map size is a bit small, especially when aiming for a very large population such as 250+ townies.
Example: the actual map size would be named "normal", then you could add maybe 2 or even 3 more sizes, such as "large", "extra large", and "humongous".

Tiki style: as Maxis did in the Sims 1 game, it looks really cool, a little tropical touch.
Examples: Tiki walls, roofs, and standing torches etc...this would allow bamboos to be used a lot more ingame.

Map Survey: once a year, a Surveyor would come to town (like a merchant kind of), and for a high price he could count the following entities on the map: flaura and fauna. So we know we got 5 Boars and 12 Cactus left for example.
Example: The Surveyor could come to the Marketplace, he gets paid, he walks the map a bit to survey it, come back to the marketplace with his report, and then leaves.

Towns need Female Heroes.

ITE lights: for instance the Spiderite will light up the x and y axis. So we end with a perpendicular shaped light, what about lighting up also the tile which is in diagonal from the light source? This way, we would end up with 3 tiles light up, instead of 2, which would look more realistic.

+1 to all of the above - it makes sense (to me at least) even before the explanations. Nto sure about the practicality of the surveyor, but if they could be linked to other things (e.g they tally the number of "parks", decorations etc. when they're there like a travel guide; and they then "advertise" your town to increase immigration if it's "good") and be more than just a stocktake then I can see it being very characterful.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Anon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:56 am

What does the stock panel (press F2) not show you that the caravan does?

Suppose you have a 1000 stone on an inaccessible location, say on a 'hill' in the dungeon. You also have 10 stone next to your carpentry. Your stock panel will say 1010 stone. When a caravan comes that wants stone, it will say 10 stone.

I would like to have both numbers available in the stock panel.
Anon

Postby mad_genius » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:27 am

iamaplayer wrote:Larger maps: as an option, since not everybody has a powerful machine.

+99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 :D :D :D :D

iamaplayer wrote:... I meant to say "Towns needs MORE Female Heroes."
Example: Lady Kickstone (We have Sir Punchwood...), a female in Knight Armor without a helmet. Female Mages, Highlanders, and Barbarians.

Like this idea.
Perhaps even differenciating the mage heroes into priests and sorcerers. Priests could focus on healing and buffing alies while sorcerers would focus on dealing direct damage through fireballs, acid showers, energy blasts, etc.
Take a look at the Avernum and Avadon game series by Spiderweb Software to get some ideas/inspiration for heroe types and abilities.

Anon wrote:And god no, not fairies and amazons, REAL heroes.

Fairies, no thank you. :)
An amazon heroe could actually work well in the game. One requisite for having an amazon heroe to come to your town would be to have an empty tavern room with at least 5 potted plants in it (so the amazon can feel a little "jungle environment" in her room). The amazon would also focus on using bows like the elven archer heroe. The difference would be the abilities. while the elven archer get's single target abilities (slow and critical shot, I think), the amazon would have abilities focused on multi-target and dexterity (attack 2 targets simultaneously and jump to and empty square in line of sight of the target to remain out of melee range).

iamaplayer wrote:... I've played so many towns management games in the past (Caesar, Pharaoh, Emperor, Zeus, all the Settlers except 1 and 2, the Cultures series which is wonderful, Majesty 1 and 2, Beasts and Bumpkins, plus a lot more...).
Towns in my humble opinion is one the best games that I've played since 1998. Its potential is enormous, and the team in charge is listening to its customer base etc...

I've played a lot of those games too. All great sources of ideas for Towns's awesome developers.
Last edited by mad_genius on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mad_genius

Postby lel » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:12 pm

What exactly is wrong with having male Amazons and male fairies?

Dam sexists.. :twisted:
lel

Next

Return to Suggestions