New Zone: Item Shop

Post here your suggestions for future Towns releases

New Zone: Item Shop

Postby Ciruttai » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:32 am

I have this great idea for a mod or future update, for a zone, where tables can be used to display items of the players choosing, and heroes and the players workers alike can come and choose to buy or sell their own items, if they buy they could pay the player trader credits, i think this would make the game a bit more plausible, since heroes would sell powerful items that could be put on display, which would help when autoequipping causes weak player NPC's to enter deep dungeons and run right into a pack of powerful monsters just to get the best breastplate.

my idea is different from a market though i believe a market should maybe work the same way, perhaps civilians and soldiers could earn credits and the traders could set up objects on the table or floor if there is no tables, the trade menu would still be open for the player to bulk buy, but i believe that buying and selling NPC's would bring more life to the game, making it seem more like the player npc's want to converse or buy or sell from outsiders.

however, the item shop would be run by mainly heroes and the player, not merchants, where the heroes can actually keep the loot they find in dungeons and then bring it up to sell it in the item shop, where the heroes also earn trader credits and can actually buy from the market, since i see them visit it alot, leading to everyone gaining more power, and being stronger npc's.

my idea partially blooms from seeing so many heroes enter the dungeons to clear it out, and leaving loot behind, i still believe that if they die then it is first in first served to the loot, but i think the idea that a hero could only hold what he or she equips is flawed, i can understand that much for civilians and soldiers but not big knights from far off lands come to delve into dungeons for treasures galore

please tell me what you think about my idea everyone, i really love this game, i've spent days playing it

Update: Another thing, for alot of people out there thinking "oh geez, this place is just going to get filled with wooden objects immediately" i was thinking perhaps the place could be coded so that it only shows the most valuable objects in decreasing order
Ciruttai

Re: New Zone: Item Shop

Postby Camble_soup » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:28 pm

I believe shops are already planned by the devs.
Untill next time, Camble.
"Does thou's mother knowth you wearth her drapes?" - Iron man talking to Thor in The Avengers.
Camble_soup

Postby Fishstick » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:53 pm

I'd like to see this too. This way you can earn some Market credits by selling things you manufacture and find, and buy weapons from heroes, maybe?
Fishstick

Postby Ciruttai » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Yeah, or you could even have a changable tax, like your workers and soldiers have to pay you say, a 3 credit tax per day, while they're earning like 10 or 20, and a lower tax makes more want to come, but also makes them lazy, could also have tax collectors, but yes, i do think that npc's should be able to trade amongst eachother, maybe even while they're just walking around, perhaps those who make food could sell it
Ciruttai

Return to Suggestions