Barrel Conformity?

Post here your suggestions for future Towns releases

Barrel Conformity?

Postby reasonpolice » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Here is my idea for improving the way containers and stockpiles work together:

Implement a toggled option per stockpile for barrels placed in said stockpile to inherit the stockpile's resource permissions. I.E. If a barrel is placed in a stockpile with all materials disabled except wood (and barrels, obviously), then that barrel will only have wood enabled. Implementing this would most likely require barrels to be tracked per stockpile instead of overall.

I like the fact that you can instruct your citizens to always have a certain amount of barrels, but if you want to keep your stockpiles organized, you have to go and set each container's and stockpile's permissions manually.

Another idea I just had while typing this is the ability to create stockpile templates. For example, in the game options menu, there could be a templates section for barrels and stockpiles. The user would be able to simply right click the picture or icon of the barrel/stockpile and set each resource to be enabled or disabled just like in the game. Then the user could name and save the template, and have his or her specialized barrel/stockpile created in-game with just one click!
Snickerite... So is that made from a chocolate candy bar?
reasonpolice

Re: Barrel Conformity?

Postby zoloor » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:26 pm

Great suggestion!

Sonner today I was setting some armor cabinets (around 10) to not receive wood and bone armors, and it was extremelly painfull to click 240 times (3 time for each item [right click, next page, disable X]).

With this suggestion, we will only have to do it once on the stockpile's menu.

Or implement a new container for each type of item: Goblinite armor/weapon/ITE chest (colored 'goblinite green'), Spiderite armor/weapon/ITE chest (colored 'spideite brown') and so on.
Rafael Gonzaga - Comicbook Colorist

http://zoloor.deviantart.com/
zoloor

Postby reasonpolice » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:16 am

Thanks!

I think that as more items are introduced into the game, we will be seeing many more types of containers.
Snickerite... So is that made from a chocolate candy bar?
reasonpolice

Postby Solved » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:16 am

I have test the bug with massive amouth, barrel are interssing part for massing foods, ressources and items for make an BIG CAMP. The townies are fulling the field until you have no place around, for sure if you wait a couple of day by making Bread for exemple and you over produce in flour ( add the forest density with) you come with no place free. '' this take lot of juice lol actions are comming slowly and I tips you to not reach this if you want to safe before''

:arrow: So for barels fill the best is I aggree a command and with the priority panel that come interessing. But there's no way for see the real own amount on raw materials, so if I chop 300 lumbers over the map, I need no other action for let them fill the barrel with my 300 lumbers but I cant tell them where I need them to deposit or change the ressource from a barrel to another. So If I want them to deposit my lumbers close to my Carpenty and I have this lumber sowhere far in another barrel, I wont be able to make the change, I need to chop again and hope I dont have other raw material barrel with place free in.

:arrow: I have much. If I need Spiderite. I would like them to bring it up and deposite and choose the area of the deposite right after I killed the spider, because when the townies need the item for make an armor and I dont have any in my barrel he go under and risk to be kill over the dungeons.

:!: Personnaly I vote for a looting option on items that we find with a priority added to a choose options on the area of the deposite, a swamp barrel added to a overview on total own of raw material and your thing is fixed
Solved

Postby Solved » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:17 am

I have test the bug with massive amouth, barrel are interssing part for massing foods, ressources and items for make an BIG CAMP. The townies are fulling the field until you have no place around, for sure if you wait a couple of day by making Bread for exemple and you over produce in flour ( add the forest density with) you come with no place free. '' this take lot of juice lol actions are comming slowly and I tips you to not reach this if you want to safe before''

:arrow: So for barels fill the best is I aggree a command and with the priority panel that come interessing. But there's no way for see the real own amount on raw materials, so if I chop 300 lumbers over the map, I need no other action for let them fill the barrel with my 300 lumbers but I cant tell them where I need them to deposit or change the ressource from a barrel to another. So If I want them to deposit my lumbers close to my Carpenty and I have this lumber sowhere far in another barrel, I wont be able to make the change, I need to chop again and hope I dont have other raw material barrel with place free in.

:arrow: I have much. If I need Spiderite. I would like them to bring it up and deposite and choose the area of the deposite right after I killed the spider, because when the townies need the item for make an armor and I dont have any in my barrel he go under and risk to be kill over the dungeons.

:!: Personnaly I vote for a looting option on items that we find with a priority added to a choose options on the area of the deposite, a swamp barrel added to a overview on total own of raw material and your thing is fixed
Solved

Postby slipvyne » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:18 am

Yes yes and more yes. I was going to suggest this in my suggestion post but this needs more replies so I excluded it here.
slipvyne

Postby WirlWind » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:54 am

So I was coming here to post a similar idea:

1 - Allow the ability to drag-select barrels.

Fairly self explanatory. Would work in the same way as your average RTS, or allow you to ctrl + click individual ones.

2 - Have the allowed items use a checkbox list so rather than having to click twice to disable something, just click once, then untick anything you don't want in one go.

Obviously, this would have to tie in with the first part of it.
WirlWind

Postby Len » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Hell yeah! I think everyone here had this sad experience... you whant to organize your barrels butt it's too damn hard! It takes a lot of time to organize those properly, selecting each barrel and disable all them able only one thing... or disable 3 things in each, or disable all and able 3-4 things... so, if you could just drag and select it would be awesome!!

1 - Implement the Drag-Select feature to the game (for anything! Citizens, Barrels, Chests...);
2 - Implement checkbox in place of right click selection for everything! (again: Citizens, Barrels, Chests...)
3 - If you wish you could do so with the barrels/chests inside the stockpile checkbox, but I think that it's very unecessary!
3.a) It is not pleasant to see stockpiles all over, it's ugly and non easily organizable. You can just put your barrels inside a house with a zone pavement (like a storehouse, make your walls and put barrels inside with a nice zone pavement - I like masonry pavement for those! ^^). Or you can just put it inside your Carpentry or Masonry... like, you can put your stone barrels inside masonry, put your wood barrels inside your carpentry, your prepared food barrel on your Dinning room. I hate stockpiles =P

4 - And, if it would be also possible, implement lockable Armor/Weapon Cabinet to easily choose wich armor/weapon our soldiers would use! I know you can build a house and lock the door, but there is too much work! Lot of armor/weapon cabinets to do and houses... I think it would be easier to lock those. =)
Len

Postby caprontos » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Len wrote:
4 - And, if it would be also possible, implement lockable Armor/Weapon Cabinet to easily choose wich armor/weapon our soldiers would use! I know you can build a house and lock the door, but there is too much work! Lot of armor/weapon cabinets to do and houses... I think it would be easier to lock those. =)

For now you could check out this topic for that:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1813

- Anyways
I Would like to see easier organization with barrels..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby edman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:30 pm

An idea for the .45 barrel management:
When you click on management in the right click menu, it should not open another menu but a window. That way, you can (de)select multiple items at once without the window closing every time. You should also be able to shift click to (de)select a range of items.
edman

Next

Return to Suggestions