Personal / Individual task priority

Post here your suggestions for future Towns releases

Personal / Individual task priority

Postby kultrva » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:15 am

I love the fact that we can now choose the priority of certain tasks our townies perform, but I feel that it could be even more efficient if we could give each person priorities on tasks. I feel that this would be better than a strict profession system, as even though townies have preferred tasks, they'll always do something.

For example: I want one guy to mainly focus on baking (set baking to 1). And when there's nothing to bake, harvest unprepared food (set that to 2). And when there's nothing to harvest...etc.

This way you'll (hopefully) always have food coming in, but when there's nothing to be made he'll do something else instead of sitting idle. The same goes for any other task.

Once again, still somewhat profession-based but not limiting at all.

What do you guys think?
kultrva

Re: Personal / Individual task priority

Postby Tralari » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:05 am

This I'd like to see as well. :D To have a Baker, Smithy, Wood Gatherer, etc.. as their own personal duty.
Tralari

Postby Banger » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:47 am

This was kinda suggested already in the form of professions.
Banger

Postby City Builder » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:12 am

I'd love to see the individual Townies have professions. It could (*could*) add some new dimensions of game play to the game.
burningpet wrote:And yeah, the Majesty reference is correct, towns will eventually aim to be a much more advanced Majesty rather than a dumbed down dwarf fortress.

Play Towns on an unlimited amount of maps: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1659
City Builder

Postby LaVacaMorada » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:23 am

I agree with having some way to influence a citizen's behavior, although I believe that assigning a complete list of priorities to each citizen is too much micromanagement. Perhaps each citizen could have one profession or preferred task, and would choose which task to perform at any given time based on several factors including his or her profession, the global priority list, proximity to the relevant items, and probably a bit of randomness (these aren't robots after all).
LaVacaMorada

Postby Banger » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:41 am

I think it should be any citizen can do anything but some can do things better/faster if the task is their profession, and in some cases if it is not their profession they could for instance burn bread or fail the task or get injured. And they would prefer to do that job that is their profession but if their profession is say #5 on the priority list they will do things higher up but if it was 4 or below like cooking they will do that.
Banger

Postby AssasinxXx » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:46 am

I would like a personal task manager for each as well (Or as in, Profession) Simply because as of right now i have problems with the majority of my population "Jumping ship" as soon as i ask an area to be mined, suddenly all other industries stop and everything comes to a halt until that is done. That may feel a bit more micro-managing but this game doesn't have nearly as many ideal professions as say, Dwarf Fortress, so it would not be too hard to set up a working town quickly.
AssasinxXx

Postby Euchale » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:09 am

Also this could be used for the a RPG-System later. If somebody is always mining he gets points in it an gets faster/more yield.
Anyway +1 to this.

also
http://townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1374#p9223
Euchale

Postby Horia0310 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:59 pm

+1 I strongly agree a powerful tool like this.
Horia0310

Postby danhodge » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:43 pm

I also agree, this would make me love the game even more :)
Coming to a town near you
danhodge

Next

Return to Suggestions