Apologies in advance if these have been suggested. I just like putting my thoughts down on paper (Electronic paper, that is.)
So without further adieu.
1) I'd like to see main resources (Wood/Stone/Food Qty) on the info bar, along with average happiness. I know we can now see wood quantity if we go into the resources gathering panel... but since you can't auto mine stone, there isn't a stone count. Sure, currently, you can "at a glance" know how much food you have - just look on the floor of the bakery and kitchen. But you know, the day when the Townies actually use those damn barrels, it'll become a chore to hover over each one to see food stores. Just a simple quantity of all food items would be magnificent.
2) The combat text is too verbose, in my opinion. Could their be an option to reduce the combat text to simply "Towny A has started combat with a Slime." and leave it at that? I don't exactly watch and cheer if they get a swing in and they dodge the next hit. I just want to know if I should be deleting his items to send them to the afterlife with him...
3) Speaking of the text box, it seems weird where it is. It holds four lines of text and is far longer than most messages that are displayed. Could this be on the left hand side instead, from top to bottom, so that more messages can be displayed? Additionally, put the D/M/Y timestamp beside it so that we don't mistake old news for new news.
4) Make auto-equip search out the "best" equipment rather than the closest (Or if you can't define what the 'best' is, have four options. 'Auto Equip best Atk' 'Auto Equip best Def' 'Auto Equip best Dmg' 'Auto Equip a Mix') - Also, can auto-equip please work even when they're already equipped? Have them change out their stuff for 'better' gear, rather than stand there like a dolt.
5) I have a feeling this one isn't possible, but could the road tiles be on the same layer as the room floor? This way, items and such can be placed on top of the roads? I figure it can't because of the way towny speed is calculated.
6) 'Fake' rooms. Sure I can put up some walls and a door to make a roof, but with a grass floor? How ugly. Some floor tiles that serve no purpose except to be pretty? If #5 can be accomplished, then it would just be a matter of adding more "roads" that look like floor tiles - and honestly, that sounds like a smashing good idea.
7) A 'Hero' board. This might be more late-game, when there's an economy and such, but just like how we place flags for our guards to patrol - I'd like to place flags for the Heroes to go to a certain point. Perhaps with an incentive (Ie: Money). Instead of them needlessly wandering and doing squat all, really, give them a couple bucks to look around.
8) How about -real- fog? I know it's brand new, but it hurts me at how make-believe the fog is. You explore a piece, monsters "might" spawn, and if they do, they're STUCK there. I bet you've never noticed other players, but the monsters will never walk INTO the fog. Nor will anything come OUT of the fog. That's because it's not really fog. It's kind of "generating" the level as you explore. How do you prove this? Go down into Level 1, dig some holes. Look at Level 2. You'll see a group of monsters in a box on Level 2 that wander around only in their little box. They'll never leave, nothing will ever come. - It really isn't that bad actually, again, I know it's brand new. But here I "guarding" near the darkness in case things wandered out... and well, that will never ever happen. Sad face here.
9) I'm almost done. I like the idea of the arena. How about some sort of entertainment room for the Towny's, to help boost happiness? For example... why can't the Towny's visit the Tavern and have a "Bar" item in there? Could even go so far as to making beer, and then them going and hauling it to the Bar to drink it (Hahaha, get the beer YOURSELF then drink it).
10) This is it, even though there is so much flowing in my head. This is the ultimate suggestion ever. More music. Please. Just, one more song. Something. Anything. Playing techno music in the background just doesn't give the game the right atmosphere... trust me. Hahaha.
Look guys, I know Towns is Alpha. I absolutely LOVE and SUPPORT all the changes that have occurred so far, whether I like them or not - I know you guys have ideas of your own and things planned out for months to come. My ideas may be garbage in comparison, or already on par with your thoughts. Again, I'm just looking to write them down - Maybe you'll like them, perhaps you will not. All I know is regardless, I will continue pouring hours into this magnificent game.
Until Diablo 3 is released. Then I'm out.