Ancient Wonders Build Contest!(Winners Announced!)

General discussion about the game

Ancient Wonders Build Contest!(Winners Announced!)

Postby EnvizionRev » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:15 pm

Congratulations to kongering, Pibo, and Badger on winning this contest! Great job! Amazing builds by Everyone!

The wait is finally over. Now turn your clocks back in time to the era of song and glyph and let the building begin!!!

From our ancient past, our primitive ancestors, came some of the most beautiful and majestic creations the world has ever seen. The Pyramids of Egypt. Macchu Picchu of the Incas. The Angkor Wat. The Hanging Gardens. And many more. Now we ask you to bring them back and let them live again. Rebuild an Ancient Wonder of your choice to appease the Supermalparit and BurningPet and you shall be greatly rewarded.

Where the previous contests have been about imagination and creativity, this contest is as much about skill. With the tools you have at hand, how good of a recreation can you muster? Would it stand the test of time as its real counterpart has? Does it have treasure rooms guarded by traps to keep out the tomb raiders? Does it have a glorious throne room filled with rare delights? Is it the holiest place in all the land? Prove it.

In return for leading your people to building such Wonders, you shall receive these very special and exclusive Towns Plushies!

1st Place: Receive One of Each!
2nd Place: Receive Two of Your Choice!
(not two of the same)
3rd Place: Receive One of Your Choice!

Rules:
You must recreate a REAL ancient wonder/structure that exists, or has existed at one time. Ex: The Hanging Gardens no longer exist, but did at one time.
You have One(1) Month to complete this challenge. We will close the contest on May 30, 2013.
Anyone and everyone can enter! No region restrictions!
Mods are Allowed.
MULTIPLE ENTRIES PER PERSON ARE ALLOWED!
A new thread will be created for entry posts. This thread is for discussion.
Voting will begin immediately once the contest closes.
Contest Entrants will vote for themselves on the public poll, and then name their Real vote on their Admission Post. You cannot vote for yourself in your Real vote.

PS: I secretly said what the theme was in a post I made recently. You might want to learn what to look for for future secret information.
-- Envizion Revelations, Towns Moderator
EnvizionRev

Re: Ancient Wonders Build Contest!

Postby Jon_jon13 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:00 am

I'd love one of those <3... but I'm not really sure I'll entry this one. I'll try and see if I can gather the will and some idea... but until further notice, i'm passing on this one. I'm still a bit mentally exhausted from the last one! I put a lot of effort there XD
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby EnvizionRev » Wed May 01, 2013 12:06 am

Yes you did, and it was an amazing entry. I would never have come up with something so ingenious for this game. :D You deserve a rest.... but...

*holds plushie in front of your face*

Don't you want one?.... DON'T YOU? :twisted:
-- Envizion Revelations, Towns Moderator
EnvizionRev

Postby JackPS9 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:09 am

Xavi and Ben really need to talk to a company like Jinx or something to get these made more.
I want a badger so much but my building skills SUCK!
JackPS9

Postby Jon_jon13 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:09 am

EnvizionRev wrote:
*holds plushie in front of your face*

Don't you want one?.... DON'T YOU? :twisted:

GAAAAH I want them so bad. Stop it!!! :x
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby Badger » Wed May 01, 2013 12:27 am

BAH, I HOPE I CAN AT LEAST GET THIRD PLACE THIS TIME...

Question: Will the contest be hosted here or on Curse?
Badger

Postby supermalparit » Wed May 01, 2013 12:30 am

Badger wrote:BAH, I HOPE I CAN AT LEAST GET THIRD PLACE THIS TIME...

Here!
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby Badger » Wed May 01, 2013 12:39 am

supermalparit wrote:
Badger wrote:BAH, I HOPE I CAN AT LEAST GET THIRD PLACE THIS TIME...

Here!

GOODIE! And I think I've decided what I want to build already. Keep an eye out for my submission. ;3
Badger

Postby YetiChow » Wed May 01, 2013 11:17 am

WHERE DID I PUT THAT CREATIVE MOD? MUST WIN PLUSHIES! GAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Time to pull out the big guns, I know exactly what I'm doing for this one... It'll require some custom modding to pull off, so I'd better get to work; my modding timeframes hava a habit of blowing out to insane proportions... :lol:

Since there's such a huge and momentus prize riding on this contest, I'm going to open up my offer from the previous contest (or at least a variation of it) - PM me an idea for an item which you think would would really help you if it were modded in, and I'll add it to the mod I'm already making. I'll release that mod in week 2 of the contest, so that everyone has a chance to use modded content if they're not up to making it themselves - the last thing I want is for people to be left out when there's such awesomeness to be won...

One hint I will give: the new domed roofs will be playing a big part of my build, and I think that my vision will be somewhat rounded after converting squares into circle segments for the main feature...
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby burningpet » Wed May 01, 2013 10:40 pm

Just going to leave this here:

burningpet

Next

Return to General discussion