And then the townlord said let there be light!

General discussion about the game

And then the townlord said let there be light!

Postby burningpet » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:06 pm

burningpet

Re: And then the townlord said let there be light!

Postby Camble_soup » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Very nice!
Untill next time, Camble.
"Does thou's mother knowth you wearth her drapes?" - Iron man talking to Thor in The Avengers.
Camble_soup

Postby JackPS9 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:01 pm

This mean we may be getting our awesome Day/Night Cycle that some of us have been bugging you two over?
JackPS9

Postby Falko » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:02 pm

now we need a night day change :)
Falko

Postby ragnar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:25 pm

Too colorful for my taste :) . Will let my townies continu to live in dark
ragnar

Postby SoralTheSol » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:44 am

Wow, they already auto align!
SoralTheSol

Postby YetiChow » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:12 am

Oh god Oh god Oh god... they're coloured and those colours look like they can blend... they don't appear to be confined to a single layer... layers can be lighted with varying strengths...

I just had a MAJOR nerdgasm over this! It's everythign I've ever dreamed about in a lighting system; Terraria and the upcoming Starbound are the only sandbox games which can rival the apparent capabilities of this lighting mechanism, in this one is in glorious isometric 3D!

I may have just set back my quest for impartiality and "fair consideration" on the internet by another ten years (yeah like that was ever going to happen anyway :?), but IMHO this is the single most epic thing to come out of gaming design (especailly the Indie field) in a long time... I mean, the lighting systems in geniously innovative games (Minecraft) and even many AAA titles don't come close tothis capability. This is seriously almost as powerful as a CAD-style program, but so simple and elegant. Sure, the blending might only be on a block-by-block basis, but lighting systems are notoriously tricky things to build and this takes the (newly implemented) cake for sure.

Thankyou Devs, this is why you guys need to keep doing what you do. I doubt even the hardcore haters will complain about this... at least, not much :roll:.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby ragnar » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:02 pm

ragnar wrote:Too colorful for my taste :) . Will let my townies continu to live in dark

You moron, can't you see, the lights have different colors... pihh, put glasses on before you comment on something.
ragnar

Postby sburymozza » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:06 pm

Now we have light how about power sources? As all lighting needs a source so maybe coal power plant, Solar, Wind or Hydro.
sburymozza

Postby poulpy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Lights are great ! It would be even greater with a day/night cycle :)
For the power source, maybe we'll have to craft candle to put inside ?
poulpy

Next

Return to General discussion