Water for the masses

General discussion about the game

Re: Water for the masses

Postby kazuma6666 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:00 am

Yay! New stuff :)

Looks cool, can't wait to make splish splosh in towns!
kazuma6666

Postby Radsoc » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:27 am

Stikasasn wrote:That GIF is messing with my mind. Is it rotating Clockwise or Counter Clockwise?!?! lol

Both! Might be a source of annoyance, people could get the feel that something isn't right but not know what.
Radsoc

Postby Locklave » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Stikasasn wrote:That GIF is messing with my mind. Is it rotating Clockwise or Counter Clockwise?!?! lol

Its going both ways.
Locklave

Postby Jon_jon13 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Locklave wrote:

Its going both ways.

Schrodinger's GIF?
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby rsdworker » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:35 pm

wow so means fluids can travel up from lake? with fluid elevator?
rsdworker

Postby superhobo666 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:17 am

using these constructs it looks like we could make decorative waterfalls in cities, given waterflow.
superhobo666

Postby Nanashi » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:20 am

Just saying, but isn't that water thing spinning in the wrong direction? I'm assuming it's used for "lifting" water, but it's doing nothing if it moves that way.
Nanashi

Postby caprontos » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:15 am

rsdworker wrote:wow so means fluids can travel up from lake? with fluid elevator?

Yes you will be able to pump water up/let it flow down to move water from where ever to where ever..

Nanashi wrote:Just saying, but isn't that water thing spinning in the wrong direction? I'm assuming it's used for "lifting" water, but it's doing nothing if it moves that way.

It is spinning the right way.. and the wrong way = roll your eyes to make it spin the other way.. It is just the way it is drawn.. the dwarf caravan is the same way..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby YetiChow » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:15 am

caprontos wrote:
Nanashi wrote:Just saying, but isn't that water thing spinning in the wrong direction? I'm assuming it's used for "lifting" water, but it's doing nothing if it moves that way.

It is spinning the right way.. and the wrong way = roll your eyes to make it spin the other way.. It is just the way it is drawn.. the dwarf caravan is the same way..

Interestingly, the new mill item doesn't seem to do that... and neither did the old mill. Why does Burningpet use a three-frame rotation for mills but only 2 frames for everything else..?

The reason for the effect (which was debated and discussed well into death when the Dwarven Caravan was shown) is that the animation cycles between two frames, and the brain recognises that there's rotation going on but has to decide for itself which way it's going; when you use three or more frames the direction becomes obvious...

Ironically, the mill new does rotate the wrong way judging by the way the flour is ejected (you would expect the wheel to spin the other way), but it's worth the minor annoyance for the ability to control flour production IMO...
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Falko » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:28 am

is there now a solution to fix the flood in a dungeon level
can i build into the river/lake, fix the whole there and slowly (after a month or so remove the water from the dungeon?
or can i just build waterproof walls (if i am fast enough) to minimize the damage?
Falko

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion