burningpet wrote:And yeah, the Majesty reference is correct, towns will eventually aim to be a much more advanced Majesty rather than a dumbed down dwarf fortress.
City Builder wrote:Instead of telling you what you need to do next which I find impossible to do I'm going to simply outline what I do to get a town up and going.
0. cut some trees down and mine some stone, and harvest some fruit in case you can't get your omelet production up and running in time.
1. Place 3 stockpiles, one for natural resources, one for raw food and one for finished food. (turn them to off in the options panel before placing them and then only turn on those items you want them to store, for example, wood, stone, flint, and eggs and omelets only for now)
2. Scout the map and look for natural areas of gravel, coal or iron, if found, mine the gravel to get the flint.
3. Setup a carpentry with a couple benches and stone benches
4. setup a masonry with a couple of masons benches
5. setup a kitchen
6. fence out an area large enough to hold about 8 chicken farms
7. place chicken farms
8. build kitchen table
9. build cooking fires
10. order up collection of eggs
11. order up the cooking of about 15 omelets
Unless I've forgotten something you should now have a food production that will keep your townies alive.
Now just start building the rest of the stuff like personal rooms, dining room, tavern, tavern rooms for heroes etc.
Once you have a hero in town go ahead and dig a ladder into the spider layer so that the heroes can go exploring and killing all the creepy crawlies in the spider layer.
Use this post to make a simple resource and work lock system:
Then you won't have townies running off into the dungeons getting themselves killed.
Above all else scout the map before you start doing anything to make sure that you see enough gravel to get your omelet production up quickly, if you don't see enough of it, then just start a new map until you find one generated that does. You can also try this for coal or iron as well but it's not as prevelent to find surface iron and coal so it may take a lot more generating of maps to find a good one with surface coal and iron.
Hope this helps at least a little.
Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 3 guests