Towns .50 MEGA Build Contest (Completed)

General discussion about the game

Towns .50 MEGA Build Contest (Completed)

Postby EnvizionRev » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:57 am

Contest submissions and voting can be seen in this link:
http://townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 522#p30522

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! Been anxious to see what this contest is all about? Well here we go. 8-)

MEGA? Why Mega? Because this contest is huge every every sense of the word. Mega projects, Mega time allotted, and Mega rewards!

What will you be building? ANYTHING, as long as it is multileveled.
How long will you have? *4* weeks!
What are the rewards?

Top 5 places get a free copy of Towns to give away to your friends, or use yourself if you managed to use the demo to win. :D
3rd Place: You get to design a new Friendly Animal.
2nd Place: You get to design a new Monster in the game with 1 ability!
1st Place: You get to design a new Hero, with up to 3 skills!!

Build Big, WIN Big. Good luck!

Next week a video will be released about the contest.

Contest Rules:
- You may post, edit, and/or replace your entry up until September 14th. After the date all entries are final.
- Voting will begin immediately afterwards, and run until September 21st. Like the contests before, you cannot vote for yourself, and voting will follow the same procedure as before. Competitors will vote for themself on the public poll, but post their REAL vote on their entry, which is then added to the final tally.
- You must use version 0.50 or later
- Mods are allowed

Any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to send me a private message. :)
-- Envizion Revelations, Towns Moderator
EnvizionRev

Re: Towns .50 MEGA Build Contest

Postby Aduvash » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:59 am

What do you mean by 'MEGA' build contest? Will it last until the next version or something?
You are a primitive human not an insult; a forum game. [Currently dead] Note that this was the first forum game on the towns forum, I'm a trend setter. :D
More Plants and Animals! [0.50]
Aduvash

Postby NerdinaBox » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:46 am

Think he's saying Build something amazing. With the current version its pretty darn well possible. Props too the dev team, you guys have done pretty f'n good.
NerdinaBox

Postby Aduvash » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:05 am

NerdinaBox wrote:Think he's saying Build something amazing.

I know that you're supposed to build something amazing, you were supposed to do that in the other ones. I'm asking what makes this 'MEGA' rather then just a normal one.
You are a primitive human not an insult; a forum game. [Currently dead] Note that this was the first forum game on the towns forum, I'm a trend setter. :D
More Plants and Animals! [0.50]
Aduvash

Postby NerdinaBox » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 am

Have it feature on discoveries MEGA structures? No idea
NerdinaBox

Postby UncleDaddy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:41 am

I wanna build something awesome but what layer is iron on now? And do your heros have to completly explore the spider level before they will move to the next level down?
UncleDaddy

Postby caprontos » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:10 am

UncleDaddy wrote:I wanna build something awesome but what layer is iron on now? And do your heros have to completly explore the spider level before they will move to the next level down?

in .50 it is pretty deep.. but in .50a and b it is back up to some times surface but usually spider layer

Heroes will explore any where there is fog of war first usually.. so they should not have to no.. I don't think I have ever completely explored the spider layer..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby UncleDaddy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:32 am

caprontos wrote:
UncleDaddy wrote:I wanna build something awesome but what layer is iron on now? And do your heros have to completly explore the spider level before they will move to the next level down?

in .50 it is pretty deep.. but in .50a and b it is back up to some times surface but usually spider layer

Heroes will explore any where there is fog of war first usually.. so they should not have to no.. I don't think I have ever completely explored the spider layer..

Oh ok!, I just got .50b so ill have to give it a try :)
UncleDaddy

Postby doom101 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:42 am

hmmm i might actually have to participate in this one i'm still working out construction in .50b but i think i got the hang of it now...
doom101

Postby YetiChow » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:33 am

I think I might have an idea of what this means...
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Next

Return to General discussion