YetiChow wins the Sixth Weekly Contest June 23rd - June 29th

General discussion about the game

Cast your vote for your winner in the Sixth Creative Build Contest!

Poll ended at Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:08 am

Jon_jon13
13%
Tono4ham
38%
YetiChow
50%

Total votes : 8

YetiChow wins the Sixth Weekly Contest June 23rd - June 29th

Postby caprontos » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:10 am

Poll is closed now and YetiChow wins again - so Congrats on being first to win twice haha. So now.. you need to decide a stair :P

Contest is closed.

Thanks to Jon_jon13, Tono4ham, and YetiChow for entering. All look pretty good as usual :D.

Honorable mention - thanks for trying GyratingCow, to bad you got flooded :(.

As usual people who entered put your real vote in your post, and then vote for yourself in the poll when it is up. (Hope I didn't do that wrong :D)

Week 5 will be closing shortly as usual. (I think so anyways ... If EnvizionRev didn't fall asleep haha). We have had a good run on these contest so far. Thanks to all who's been participating in entries and voting.

This week we will be doing a theme contest. Elevation theme to be exact. You simply have to build something that uses elevation in it, be it a building, a park or a whole town.

The contest will run from.. Now, June 23rd till next Friday June 29th , and will close around this.. (12am EST). So this will be the final contest for the month of June... (more or less haha)

The prize this week is a new stair item in addition to those seen in the whats next for .50 topic. So if you have an idea for a staircase you want then you should try to win this week.

Rules:
--- There is one entry per person per week, but you may edit your post and change your entry before the 22nd. After that date, all entries are final.

--- Please try and post a single reply to this thread that includes your entry, any discussion about other players' entries(admiration or constructive criticism only), and at any time your vote.

--- You cannot vote for yourself.

--- You may reply to this thread and not make an contest entry if you so chose, as long as your post contains only the other two criteria.

--- Voting for that contest will close on the following Monday. You may change your vote before that Monday, but you cannot add new entries.

--- You may use mods.

-- You may use any version of the game you wish.

Any questions, comments, concerns or suggestions PM me or EnvizionRev (I heard he is out of cookies btw).
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Re: Sixth Weekly Contest June 23rd - June 29th

Postby YetiChow » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:31 am

can I re-use an entry? My second week entry was all about being on a mountain, and seemed to do pretty well... :lol:

actually, I'll make a new entry for this week as I have an idea which I think will look quite good. I just figured I had to ask as a joke :D
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Jon_jon13 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:30 pm

I might just revive my .46 desert town and do some little changes to something I already built. It's the map I used elevation the most so far :P
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby wizardjian » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:35 pm

T^T ur killing meeee i just finished flating a HUGE montain T^T T^T T^T
Emotions are a hiderance...
Life is just a illusion...
Toughts are usless...
Sanity is a lie...

Froggie's Diary-http://townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3544
Moving Forwards Into The Future-http://tinyurl.com/c9gulrk
wizardjian

Postby slimekiller101 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:33 pm

How do I enter? And can u make it in demo?
One last thing, wizardjian why is Ur sig so grim?
O-o
Meow~
slimekiller101

Postby Jon_jon13 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:01 pm

If you can do it in 20 days, I guess it's fine! Just take a screenshot of something related to the contest theme, and upload it on the forums before the contest closes on friday.
Jon_jon13

Postby wizardjian » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:04 pm

How is my sig grim?

*my sig*
Toughts are usless...
Sanity is a lie...

wellllll maybe a bittt dark and gloomy, but its not that bad xD
right? O-o

it was a small joke i was playing with caprontos lolz
Last edited by wizardjian on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toughts are usless...
Sanity is a lie...

Froggie's Diary-http://townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3544
Moving Forwards Into The Future-http://tinyurl.com/c9gulrk
wizardjian

Postby caprontos » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:54 am

YetiChow wrote:can I re-use an entry? My second week entry was all about being on a mountain, and seemed to do pretty well... :lol:

actually, I'll make a new entry for this week as I have an idea which I think will look quite good. I just figured I had to ask as a joke :D

well yeah using something from a past project/entry would be ok though. Though I think making something new (or at lest not used before for a contest) is preferred.. for the fun of it.

slimekiller101 wrote:How do I enter? And can u make it in demo?
O-o

as Jon_jon13 said - of course. Good luck getting it done in the 20 days.. its like a challenge run :P - and to enter just make a picture of what you make, then post it in a post in this topic with any details you want us to know about it.
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby YetiChow » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:00 am

slimekiller101 wrote:How do I enter? And can u make it in demo?
O-o

If you can do an entry in a demo game, you'll almost certainly get my vote. I'd reccomend some serious mods (surface iron, creative mod, instant immigrants, no hostiles etc), but even then it still won't be a cake-walk. I look foward to seeing what you can do :D
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Jon_jon13 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:48 pm

My entry

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4272 ... defull.png

It's just some kind of pyramid/temple where sacrifices are done. Kinda mixed the egyptian pyramids and aztec/mayan temples a little. Not a lot of backstory this time! Just the temple, enjoy it.

Lil' bonus: Worst possible siege EVER. I had nightmares. I swear. http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4527 ... ebonus.png
(things like this may fit to the Townie Times, lol)

Comments
Both entries are great! Shame we can't see the interiors in neither one...

Tono4ham: That's a massive and cool town wall and the river looks amazing. Though I would never use *wood* bridges in *lava* :lol: Those two gardens/parks are nice and pretty too.

Yeti_chow: It reminds me of your second contest entry. And I liked that one a lot , with the elevation, and the castle-like structure. The different zones look great, the entry, the arena, the stockpiles, etc.

My vote
My vote goes for Yeti_chow, both entries are good but I think this one takes more into the elevation use. The Tono4ham one is really great too and it has a lot of work, but the deciding factor was the elevation use, as it's the theme for this week. Good work for both, they are really impressive anyway!
Last edited by Jon_jon13 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon_jon13

Next

Return to General discussion