Whats next for 0.50

General discussion about the game

Whats next for 0.50

Postby burningpet » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Ok, here goes.

At first, you will not notice anything different with the terrain, except that it will seem a little higher, this has a reason, as any cell now is a block, meaning, each layer can be mined/digged, the height is no longer a visual height anymore, its actual layers sitting on top of each other. look at our old main menu image (the image in the front website), this is how it looks, also, the water looks more or less like the water in that image.

Each strength level of the water now has a fitting "block". the one here is the medium strength water block:

each layer is the roof for the next layer, so its possible to mine into a mountain instead of digging down. also, digging is different now, it isnt a black cell which appear to be dug, its an actual hole in the terrain. mind you, townies can fall to their death if they fall more than 2 blocks high (they wont fall easily, someone need to mine they terrain they are standing on), so it will always be safer to just dig ladders down and mine the blocks. also, since the water push monster and townies away from them, when we add flood gates, you could essentially build a water trap that will drive monster off high cliffs.

we have 8 new types of stairs which look like proper stairs now and that function bit differently.

we have already began testing floating islands that will house certain rare plants and creatures. i must say, early tests show great promise of those and my mind keep shooting new possibilities for the creatures/plants you could encounter on them.

Townies can mine blocks that are on top of them, so you can now not only dig down, but also mine your way up.

what else? many more which i dont wanna jinx yet, but i can quite positively say - the next patch is going to be big. thats why it will also take us more time to release it. stay patient.

Note: the following is not representive of what we have now! it is looking better now, with slopes and all :)
burningpet

Re: Whats next for 0.50

Postby caprontos » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:15 pm

To many possibilities with this new set up already.. It'll take me like the next 4 patches just to finish playing with these things probably haha..

I am quite excited for the next patch and have been for awhile haha. but.. I'll just not think to much on it or I won't want to play the current version much haha :P

Also your screen seems really big from that image.. :P

editing posts....

anyways...

Looks like a floating island.. :P - didn't see you edited in text as well haha so.. I guess I was right.

and... Also.. I will want to see what citybuilder does now with underground towns.. still didn't post any of his others :P
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby AzemOcram » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:16 pm

This is wonderful! It looks like that feature shown in that video of Gnomoria shown on the CityBuilderGames forums, I think by City Builder. The only difference I see currently is that Gnomoria has Lapiz Lazuli and strawberries (and oxes).
AzemOcram

Postby Military » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:23 pm

awsome!
Military

Postby Moobke » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Looking great guys, keep up the good work!
Moobke

Postby tom k. » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Nawwww, Ben! You ruined the surprise :P

I was enjoying trolling members :P
Tom K.
Former Community Moderator

Please read the FAQs before posting.
Towns' Official Modding Partner Site - Townsmods.net
tom k.

Postby Reyn » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Seeing "Towns 0.01" in there, does this mean that with the following patch, town's progression will finally hit the 1% of final product? If yes, the holy moly! I'm loving the quality of everything( but I guess this hinders the release even more).

I'm guessing this next patch will pretty much make us rethink our every(or most) strategies tinkered so far. Thank god I have stuff to keep myself busy, otherwise I'd go bonkers waiting for this update.
Reyn

Postby tom k. » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 pm

I think that's what all the dev builds show, I'm sure when Xavi showed me a previous dev build it was 0.01 :)
Tom K.
Former Community Moderator

Please read the FAQs before posting.
Towns' Official Modding Partner Site - Townsmods.net
tom k.

Postby Jon_jon13 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:42 pm

I think my jaw just fell to the floor. Let me try to get it, one second...
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby caprontos » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Jon_jon13 wrote:I think my jaw just fell to the floor. Let me try to get it, one second...

*picks up Jon_jon13's jaw* here you go..

Now consider.. the possibilities :P..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Next

Return to General discussion