YetiChow wins the Second Weekly Contest (May 26 - June 1st)

General discussion about the game

Vote for your winner in the second creative building contest!

0eamonn0
29%
Aduvash
18%
YetiChow
53%

Total votes : 17

YetiChow wins the Second Weekly Contest (May 26 - June 1st)

Postby caprontos » Sat May 26, 2012 1:22 am

The poll is now closed, thanks to all who voted. Extra thanks to those who participated.

Congratulations to YetiChow for winning the second weekly contest!

I look forward to -hopefully- more entries in the Third weekly contest.

It will be fun to see what dungeon entrance item Yetichow requests for us.

Thanks 0eamonn0, Aduvash, and YetiChow for entering. Good luck to all three of you. (Clicking their names takes you to there entry post).

When the poll is up, voting will begin, everyone is welcome and encouraged to vote (and even write responses to the entries if you want :P).

Entries, vote for yourself on the poll and then put your real vote on your post.

Poll will closed Monday June 4th

For the second week, in line with the Hero updates we want to see the best dungeon entrance designs you can come up with.

This one will run from tomorrow the 26th till June 1st. (The first will end later tonight, but I am posting this one a little ahead of time case I run out of time due to .47 coming out haha).

The devs will also give the winner of this weeks contest the opportunity to have a new dungeon entrance item painted for the game, along with the picture being featured on the main site.

Rules:
-- To be remembered: There is one entry per person per week, but you may edit your post and change your entry before the 1st. After that date, all entries are final.

--- Please try and post a single reply to this thread that includes your entry, any discussion about other players' entries(admiration or constructive criticism only), and at any time your vote.

--- You cannot vote for yourself.

--- You may reply to this thread and not make an contest entry if you so chose, as long as your post contains only the other two criteria.

--- Voting for that contest will close on the following Monday. You may change your vote before that monday, but you cannot add new entries.

--- You may use mods.

-- You may use any version of the game you wish.

Good luck to all who enter and have fun with it.

Any questions, concerns or suggestions PM .. EnvizionRev (or me)
Last edited by caprontos on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:03 am, edited 8 times in total.
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Re: Second Weekly Contest (May 26 - June 1st)

Postby EnvizionRev » Sat May 26, 2012 5:33 am

We had 5 entries for the first contest, one of them will be "entombed" in Towns glory with designing their own grave item for all to enjoy!

We hope to have even more entries this week! Just got a new update with a couple new goodies so get in there and Unleash your Creativity!
-- Envizion Revelations, Towns Moderator
EnvizionRev

Postby Jon_jon13 » Sat May 26, 2012 9:07 am

Well, now to download the new version and start working in some dungeon master design... :P
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby EnvizionRev » Sun May 27, 2012 7:18 pm

This is a heads up. Since the game developers will be busy this coming week, voting for this contest will start likely sunday or monday, and run for 3 days afterwards. Also the first contest voting will be open one extra day because of the delay in opening the poll, closing on Tuesday(the poll will actually remain open but votes will be tallied and no more votes will be counted, and the winner announced).

Hope everyone is getting their dungeon crawling on and are building some fantastic entrances! The next contest will begin on schedule. :)
EnvizionRev

Postby Aduvash » Sun May 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Is it fine to use an older version? Because I loaded my save in 0.47 just now and it crashed... But my old one should be fine.
You are a primitive human not an insult; a forum game. [Currently dead] Note that this was the first forum game on the towns forum, I'm a trend setter. :D
More Plants and Animals! [0.50]
Aduvash

Postby EnvizionRev » Sun May 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Yes older versions are fine. It's stated in the rules. I think. :D
EnvizionRev

Postby 0eamonn0 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:43 pm

This is my quick entry to this weeks build contest and also happens to be my first post on the forum.

Been playing Towns for a couple of months and love it, this competition is a great way to share designs with a bit of a competitive edge :D

Anyways here is my entry for this week, just a quick go at it and hopefully I'll be able to spend more time on next week's! A basic but quite good looking layout with some traps to hold up those pesky enemies who follow out injured heroes. Some tombs of the fallen have been placed at the dungeon ladder to warn those unprepared and the field hospital just outside for when they go in regardless!

I'll edit this post with comments on other entries as and when they come in.

Thanks for looking :D

Aduvash : While you draw inspiration from both links I'd still say you have an original entry and its an evolution from the two. I love the overall pyramid shape and if you have time perhaps you can add to the surroundings a EnvisionRev said :D

YetiChow : Very nice use of the hilltop. The castle design is always great looking and all of the decorations add flamboyance. I think the green flooring is a bit bright and out of place, the zone idea Aduvash proposed may have been slightly better :)

My Vote : YetiChow Great sprawling converted ruins!

P.S. I didn't fully consider the realities of lava!! It seems some townies are going to meet an untimely end due to their underestimation of its destructive nature! Aduvash, it turns out that the townies, as the traps constructors, know a way through which prevents triggering the ill effects!! BONUS haha
Last edited by 0eamonn0 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0eamonn0

Postby EnvizionRev » Mon May 28, 2012 2:51 pm

0eamonn0 wrote:...this competition is a great way to share designs with a bit of a competitive edge :D ...

You hit the nail on the head. :D Welcome to the forums and thank you for entering!

So you've got a dungeon on a hill, great! You've got lava that never seems to be used, awesome! And you've got a trap room to get through to get to and from the dungeon, Indiana Jones would be proud! It's probably a good idea to have your hospital nearby as well, but it's kinda made of wood. If the lava bubbles and splatters on the wall, it'll catch fire and your injuried townie that just survived the dungeon is gonna realize his bad day just started. :lol:

Good luck in the contest!
EnvizionRev

Postby caprontos » Mon May 28, 2012 2:57 pm

0eamonn0.. wooden bridge over lava? Yeah that is safe :P

Also very nice... Lava is probably the least used thing in the game right now..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby Aduvash » Mon May 28, 2012 8:37 pm

My Extremely Original entry. I don't really expect to win but I might as well enter. Also, my game hasn't crashed again so I made it in the latest version.

Comments:
0eamonn0: I wouldn't want to be a townie who has to go into the dungeon past those traps. :) As was stated, lava is underused, Bravo sir.
0eamonn0 wrote:Aduvash, it turns out that the townies, as the traps constructors, know a way through which prevents triggering the ill effects!!

I always assumed they stepped veeery carefully...

YetiChow: Pretty good. My only complaint is that in the basement it would have been better to use a zone instead of a road so that it would be under the traps.

My vote: 0eamon0 I liked the detail with the lava, and the wooden bridge made me :lol:

Notes: I forgot to mention that I only used a tree mod. Also, to those who wanted me to change it; I don't think that the starving townies and the werepig agree... Which is very unfortunate as I did want to improve it.
Last edited by Aduvash on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You are a primitive human not an insult; a forum game. [Currently dead] Note that this was the first forum game on the towns forum, I'm a trend setter. :D
More Plants and Animals! [0.50]
Aduvash

Next

Return to General discussion