Ulric Wins First Week Contest May 18 - 25!

General discussion about the game

Vote for your winner in the first creative building contest!

Poll ended at Thu May 31, 2012 9:21 pm

JACOb
20%
Aduvash
4%
Jon_jon13
28%
Badger
16%
Ulric
32%

Total votes : 25

Ulric Wins First Week Contest May 18 - 25!

Postby EnvizionRev » Wed May 16, 2012 8:05 pm

http://www.townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2908

Congratulations to Ulric, our first contest winner! His first forum post landed him Eternal Towns Glory! Thank you for all entries and looking forward to the results for Contest Two!

The First Weekly Towns Build Contest is now Closed! Entries are from JACOb, Aduvash, Jon_jon13, Badger, and Ulric! Good luck to these competitors!

The first 4 entries can be found on page 2, and the final entry can be found at the bottom of page 4. I am not moving them here because several of them are linked so that the forum doesn't resize them, and some have stories attached to them for understanding.

If you are entered into this contest, on the poll VOTE FOR YOURSELF. Then on your entry post make your real vote. This is just a failsafe to prevent cheating.

To start off, we will start small and with something most of you will already have. A Graveyard! This theme will include graveyards, crypts, or where all your lemming Townies went to die horribly.

This very first contest will run May 18-25th 2012. You may start posting before then, but someone may steal your idea and improve on it. ;)

--- To be remembered: There is one entry per person per week, but you may edit your post and change your entry before the 25th. After that date, all entries are final.

--- Please try and post a single reply to this thread that includes your entry, any discussion about other players' entries(admiration or constructive criticism only), and at any time your vote.

--- You cannot vote for yourself.

--- You may reply to this thread and not make an contest entry if you so chose, as long as your post contains only the other two criteria.

--- Voting for that contest will close on the following Monday. You may change your vote before that monday, but you cannot add new entries.

This Weeks Prize: To start off with a "BANG!", not only will your image or video be featured on the Main Webpage, but you'll ALSO get to design a new in-game Grave item! :o Fantastic!

Good luck to everyone! Let's all have a good time and have fun in the game of Towns. :D

Questions Comments Concerns or Suggestions be sure to PM me.
Last edited by EnvizionRev on Wed May 30, 2012 6:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
-- Envizion Revelations, Towns Moderator
EnvizionRev

Re: First Week Contest May 18 - 25

Postby Gorhaax » Wed May 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Just so were clear, this is for creative graveyard?
Gorhaax

Postby wizardjian » Wed May 16, 2012 10:44 pm

"This Weeks Prize: To start off with a "BANG!", not only will your image or video be featured on the Main Webpage, but you'll ALSO get to design a new in-game Grave item! Fantastic!"

wait, its going to be added to the game or is it going to be a mod? Also how are you going to be sure that the winning design will be added to the game?
are you a developer? if you are y ur name not colored? is this real? im too confused >.<
Emotions are a hiderance...
Life is just a illusion...
Toughts are usless...
Sanity is a lie...

Froggie's Diary-http://townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3544
Moving Forwards Into The Future-http://tinyurl.com/c9gulrk
wizardjian

Postby EnvizionRev » Wed May 16, 2012 11:00 pm

Gorhaax wrote:Just so were clear, this is for creative graveyard?

Yes. If you have a graveyard already that you like that you think will win, you can post it. If not, you can quickly slaughter your whole town except poor Anne who then has to bury everyone and make either a very large or decorative graveyard/crypt or something unique and functional, like ghost harvesting crypts like I've seen posted in the screenshot forum in the past. At this point I'd like to point out you can use any version of the game, not just the latest version.

wizardjian wrote:"This Weeks Prize: To start off with a "BANG!", not only will your image or video be featured on the Main Webpage, but you'll ALSO get to design a new in-game Grave item! Fantastic!"

wait, its going to be added to the game or is it going to be a mod? Also how are you going to be sure that the winning design will be added to the game?
are you a developer? if you are y ur name not colored? is this real? im too confused >.<

It will be added to the core game, not just a mod. I'm working with the developers. A little hint is the announcement post is actually in the announcement section of this forum. But if you need further proof I'm sure one of them will post to prove it. :D I don't get a colored name, I'm just a community member like you doing something cool. 8-)
EnvizionRev

Postby wizardjian » Wed May 16, 2012 11:37 pm

lol nice xDD time to fail another conest xDD

so its a nicly built graveyard right?
Emotions are a hiderance...
Life is just a illusion...
Toughts are usless...
Sanity is a lie...

Froggie's Diary-http://townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3544
Moving Forwards Into The Future-http://tinyurl.com/c9gulrk
wizardjian

Postby EnvizionRev » Wed May 16, 2012 11:47 pm

wizardjian wrote:lol nice xDD time to fail another conest xDD

so its a nicly built graveyard right?

Yep. As nice, unique, or functional as you can so you can win the grand prize of designing the next grave item in the real game. :D

Here is an example post:

My entry:

My thoughts on other contestants:
I like caprontos' graveyard, its a nice use of bonsai trees. But he needs less roads.

My vote: Christonian

I'm not really competing though. I may post material but it's for inspiration purposes. This little crypt is mine from .45a. I know there's a lot better ways of going about it. :)
EnvizionRev

Postby caprontos » Thu May 17, 2012 12:24 am

This another crypt style for inspirational use, Not an entry.. I may finish my .46 one that I started later this week..

Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby Aduvash » Thu May 17, 2012 12:52 pm

I didn't notice this before! :o I have barely started my town! Oh well; I can finish it by the 25th. Now Anne... Get to work! Bury those corpses stat!

Edit: I think we should have everyone post their graveyard until the 25th and then we vote, that way people can view all of them before voting rather then only be able to vote for people that came before them...
You are a primitive human not an insult; a forum game. [Currently dead] Note that this was the first forum game on the towns forum, I'm a trend setter. :D
More Plants and Animals! [0.50]
Aduvash

Postby Gladrin » Thu May 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Oh, I just noticed this too. I won't have time to participate this time (stupid exams !) but next week maybe ?
Good luck to everyone who will participate. Please try not to kill too many townied for this contest. :P
Gladrin

Postby EnvizionRev » Thu May 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Aduvash wrote:Edit: I think we should have everyone post their graveyard until the 25th and then we vote, that way people can view all of them before voting rather then only be able to vote for people that came before them...

I said you can vote at any time. Maybe I should have clarified you can CHANGE your vote before voting closes. I'm thinking voting will close on the following Monday to ensure everyone has time to return home from a weekend trip or get through studying for exams and have time to look through the entries before they make their final vote.
Gladrin wrote:Oh, I just noticed this too. I won't have time to participate this time (stupid exams !) but next week maybe ?
Good luck to everyone who will participate. Please try not to kill too many townied for this contest. :P

Aww. Stupid exams indeed! Well good luck with them! If you find time be sure to atleast vote!
EnvizionRev

Next

Return to General discussion