Towns Weekly Building Contest!

General discussion about the game

Re: Towns Weekly Building Contest!

Postby Jontis_00 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:21 pm

City Builder wrote:
Aduvash wrote:I would rather vote for someone who made their graveyard in the normal game. Remember to post if you used a mod.

And this would become a problem.

If people vote based on whether or not somebody used the creative mod even if the outcome looks totally insane better than somebody that did not use a creative mod then there is a problem forthcoming.

It's obviously a huge benefit to use the creative mod since everything is built instantly and there is no concern for resources. I'm just thinking that it might actually be best if a contest is held for a creative modded version of the game and a non creative modded version of the game to keep everybody on level ground. Obviously everybody can use the creative mod but some people just don't like to add mods to their game for one reason or another.

And of course if the contest would not allow Creative mod, it would create possibilities for people to cheat.
Also the purpose of the Creative mod is to not limit your creativity ;)
My Mods: 13 000+ downloads!

Check out and help test the new Creative Mod Reloaded.
Jontis_00

Postby EnvizionRev » Thu May 17, 2012 9:36 pm

This is a community event, so all community items should be legal including mods. Using the creative mod does make things a lot easier and quicker to build but it by no means gives you a real advantage over another. Unless you make the whole map covered in gold statues. But that's not very interesting and wouldnt win anyway. :D All posted mods are available to every community member, so its up to the player to download and use them or not. I personally don't use mods. I only ever edited the game files once to make burningpet's temple so everything I needed and food were free to make.

Also since this is a community contest using mods will help show it off and may generate more interest in that particular mod and spark ideas for new mods that will further the game's interest. One contest may be exclusively about mods much later on for that purpose. The contest is meant to be for the benefit of everyone. :)

So to reaffirm, mods are ok, but it would be nice to say what you used for others who may not be aware. So go check out the mods forum if you are interested in using one. The goal of the contest is to make the best and most creative design you can come up with using any tool you have available(without editing the photo outside of the game short of cropping it down to size). I would ask voting community members to not be biased against mod use, sometimes they can be pretty cool. :D Just look at the end result and judge it on its idea and execution.

If you are unsure about anything else feel free to post or PM me. I don't want any more confusion and everyone have a good time. :D
Tomorrow the contest officially starts! Good luck everyone!

EDIT: What Jontis said, the creative mod allows you to explore your creativity without resource limits (in so many words. ;) ). If you don't have much time to play, I encourage you to get the creative mod so you can make your entry in time. If you want to explore your creativity the long way, play the game stock. Feel free to use the whole week to build, or to modify. Just have fun. :D

EDIT 2: OP edited to reflect saying mods are ok. ;)
-- Envizion Revelations, Towns Moderator
EnvizionRev

Postby City Builder » Thu May 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Okay.

Off to go generate a completely flat map so plenty of room to build.

Thanks for the clarification, I truly hope that people that are voting will indeed not be biased towards those that use or do not use mods.
City Builder

Postby Aduvash » Thu May 17, 2012 9:49 pm

If the creative mod graveyard is made using common things then it's alright, but if every grave has a golden statue then no. Unless you're in the normal game; that would be awesome.
You are a primitive human not an insult; a forum game. [Currently dead] Note that this was the first forum game on the towns forum, I'm a trend setter. :D
More Plants and Animals! [0.50]
Aduvash

Postby City Builder » Thu May 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Aduvash wrote:If the creative mod graveyard is made using common things then it's alright, but if every grave has a golden statue then no. Unless you're in the normal game; that would be awesome.

And obviously it's going to be a problem once again.

Thanks, no thanks.
City Builder

Postby EnvizionRev » Thu May 17, 2012 9:54 pm

City Builder wrote:Thanks for the clarification, I truly hope that people that are voting will indeed not be biased towards those that use or do not use mods.

Me too. Voting should be on the merit of the idea and its creativity.

Aduvash wrote:If the creative mod graveyard is made using common things then it's alright, but if every grave has a golden statue then no. Unless you're in the normal game; that would be awesome.

Dead townies are of no benefit to me so they don't deserve a gold statue. :twisted:
EnvizionRev

Postby Aduvash » Thu May 17, 2012 10:14 pm

I might vote for a creative mod user, it just doesn't seem fair to have both in the same contest though.
You are a primitive human not an insult; a forum game. [Currently dead] Note that this was the first forum game on the towns forum, I'm a trend setter. :D
Aduvash

Postby EnvizionRev » Thu May 17, 2012 10:23 pm

Aduvash wrote:I might vote for a creative mod user, it just doesn't seem fair to have both in the same contest though.

The player who doesn't use the creative mod is because they chose to do so. It is available to them if they so choose. :)
EnvizionRev

Postby Aduvash » Thu May 17, 2012 10:35 pm

EnvizionRev wrote:The player who doesn't use the creative mod is because they chose to do so. It is available to them if they so choose. :)

Okay, if you insist then it is alright.
Aduvash

Postby Jon_jon13 » Fri May 18, 2012 9:07 am

I'm starting to work in this.

It's ok to edit the screenshot so it can show different floors of the graveyard? only using copy-paste in paint, nothing fancy or anything. Or upload 3 screenshots, showing the top level entrance (with and without roof) and the bottom level. I guess it'll be okay to show more than 1 screenshot if the thing is bigger than your screen, too? (Not in the design i have in mind, but who knows)
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion