Anyone want to discuss?

General discussion about the game

Anyone want to discuss?

Postby Locklave » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:04 am

How YetiChow single-handedly managed to turn the Steam reviews from mixed to mostly negative. Really, read the reviews, I've never seen a moderator mentioned in so many negative reviews in any Steam game. Maybe he should have taken a light hand to it instead of a tank?

Shame Yeti can't delete/ban/edit peoples negative reviews and then post it in his "moderators actions" page where he gives himself the final word against someone who can't reply and who's final words that supposedly got them deleted/banned can never be read. Can't imagine why that'd result in people getting angry... /sarcasm.
Locklave

Re: Anyone want to discuss?

Postby MattChamp » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:31 pm

Dont even get me started, i was banned on day 1 because i said the game didnt have updates and pointed out a few bad things.
Sure, it wasnt positive BUT I CANT BE POSTITIVE about this game, ive really really really tried.
Now im just warning all my friends about this game and the moderating style of Yeti, its a disgrace and steam should remove the game from its stores.

Its hilarious how Yeti bans literally hundreds of people who simply disagree with him
Iocus est semper bonam
- Last words of Picasso, 1567
MattChamp

Postby Locklave » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:45 am

MattChamp wrote:Now im just warning all my friends about this game and the moderating style of Yeti...

That right there speaks volumes on the problem. Now the forums aren't "negative" but there are 10 times the number of negative reviews and even more people telling friends not to buy the game. I guess this is what happens when a zealot is put in power.
Locklave

Postby Hyrus » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:56 pm

I never really went to the Steam forums, but when I heard Yeti was made a moderator there, I knew what was gonna happen!
Hyrus

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:47 am

Yetti was/is in a tough spot. just like i was / am.. we bear the brunt of all those expressing anger and trying to do our best to try to keep a balance in the respective forums. we activly like and play and work with the game and community of players. who don't want to hear from avery tom dick and harry or henreyetta that what the authors have done is shitty. and whanting their money back.. onb steam theres always been a way to apply for money back or credit. however even though you think that most of the haters have comefrom those actually owning the game this isn't so. steam and the internet in general has many avenues where people can help spread / share bad news that theyt have nothing to dfo with except have fun putting down at every chance they can those that don't think the same as them. and who are actually ejoying the game. yetti and i have even had many complaints and threats headed our way for trying to do our jubs of moderating the comunities that the devs just abandoned. its no use complaining on these or steams forums the authors don't frequent them. send them emails or pm's.. don't turn the communities that are trying to support the games that we like to play and mod and that are now stuck in these roles cause the authors don't even reply to my resignation letter for over 2-4 years ago. So rather than having a forum where your supposed to discuss the game and help others to provide work arounds, show off what you've been able to do in the game. we get repeatedly bombarded by mostly people who havn't even bought the game and have thir profiles marked private on steam so that others can't see that they haven't actually bought the game. drowning out those who have actually bought the game and have been playing and modding the game for years. the reviews is the right place for them to place their review of the game .. not the forums.. and unfortunatly on steam anyone can write a review wether they actuqally own the game and have played it and gotten to know the intricosies of the game. or idf they don't undserstand or are having promlems playing the game then asking in the forums about how to do what they are trying to do.. yes the authors used to frequent mainly this forum, not so much on steam. but its been likje about 4 years .. they aren't coming here anymore. please send any hate , refund, and other non playing or modding community type messages where they are ment to go.. ande like i've stated Yetti has it much harder than i do. as there are litterally billions of members on steam who want to have their say. if yetti and I arent as hard as wee are on most of it then thats all that there would be .. is a slinning match as to who can sling the worst insults complaints for a game they probably never even purchased. Yetti clearly explain what messages were acceptable and not on the steam forums. and also the steam groups guidelines also state it. clearly. so no its not entirelky yetti' or my fault things are like they are. in my mine we should be thanking yetti for having put up withc all the crap for as long as he has. and that he's till here playing and moderating the game an helping those with genuine questions about the game. its not the right place to complain that the game should no longer be on steam, or vent your anger that you didn't get what you thought you paid for steam and other payment/ sales plces have areas setup to handle these complaints.. use them and lewave the players and those who have genuine questions about gameplay alone.. its not our faults. yeah we like the game as strongly as those whjo hate it even more so.. thats why we stick around. though all the crap
BlueSteelAUS

Return to General discussion