Is it that time yet?

General discussion about the game

Is it that time yet?

Postby Hyrus » Mon May 18, 2015 5:00 pm

The "I told you so" time? Not a single relevant post in months, forum taken over by spambots and Xavi last visited it in early november.

So, is it?
Hyrus

Re: Is it that time yet?

Postby Townie69 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:01 pm

I can't wait till BlueSteelAUS and Yeti finally admit we were ALL lied to.

Xavi Canal took the money and ran, just like we all said from the beginning.

There will NEVER be another update. Move on...
Townie69

Postby Locklave » Wed May 20, 2015 6:44 pm

Townie69 wrote:I can't wait till BlueSteelAUS and Yeti finally admit we were ALL lied to.

Xavi Canal took the money and ran, just like we all said from the beginning.

There will NEVER be another update. Move on...

They never will, they are fully committed to what they think is the truth. Xavi pretended/acted/convinced himself the game was done on release to walk away literally on Steam release and he got dragged back several times by Burningpet who it seems was the only one who really gave a damn about making things right. At least he should have the balls to admit he's done and not drag it out longer.

On a side note appointing YetiChow to Steam moderator and sneaking off... sickening. At least BLueSteelAUS holds himself to the same standards as he holds others, where as YetiChow is a hypocrit who bends the truth and does giant soapbox rants while deleting every post he feels does the same. I brought this up with Xavi and he said he'd deal with it, that was bloody well back in Oct.

I hope it eats at Yeti knowing his White knighting helped play a role in Xavi being able to lie to himself and pretend the game was finished, because that started all this giant mess. Him and all the other fanboys are guilty of that.
Locklave

Postby Badger » Fri May 22, 2015 10:27 am

I tried to believe in this game at one point... Oh well.
Badger

Postby Hyrus » Sat May 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Badger wrote:I tried to believe in this game at one point... Oh well.

Most of us did, that's why we pointed out the glaring flaws... If there weren't so many people denying that the king was naked, maybe we wouldn't be where we are.
Hyrus

Postby Locklave » Sun May 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Hyrus wrote:
Most of us did, that's why we pointed out the glaring flaws... If there weren't so many people denying that the king was naked, maybe we wouldn't be where we are.

I believe this is exactly what created the problem.
Locklave

Postby Jon_jon13 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:43 pm

I still come by... like every couple months, at best. Not even a hint of hope. This is just sad.
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:58 am

again i say towns is playable and still played and even stiull supported by some who write mods for it. i'm sorry that you and otheres feel that this gave was never finished in yor minds like it was in the authors at the time . since then he's come out with his story in an intervire (i can't remember the link) and yes it looks like a backstab to people like yetti and myself. and the I told yo so's are having a field day. however the forums nor the steam forumsd are the places to vent your anger and ask for money back.. you can voice your REVIEW of the game (aparently even ifd you've never played it or even owned a copy like so many are doing on steam) the place to put in your refund claims are from were you got it eg: sales or support @whereever_you_purchased_towns.com Not here or in the steam towns comminity forums. like both yetti and I have been stating for many years. the game has changed so much since its first ever release to what it is today . mostly from user input. changing even the outset goals at the time. the game was totally rewritten at least 3 times thatr i know3 og as it out grew its skeliton framework that it was built upon. Even the author them selves has stated that the game woul;d again have to be totaly re-written to change a lot more of it to the players wishes.. its a never ending story ask the programmers of minecraft. unfortunatly these guys weren't as experienced or as luckly as those guys. not many are. they did their best to support the game as much as thery could. they even tried hiting outsiders. to come in and help. (I even did som,e work for them in the xml files adding the update to the crops which then got stuffed up when i left prior to its release which then took at least 3 updates to get straight somewhat again. (to see the full picture of how in had set the crops up use the latest version of towns++). they never intested to run with the money like people are suggesting they were very serous about the game (their or his baby) and its one of the reasons they won't release it as opensourse. Xavia has stated many times that his code is hared for a 3rd party to follow. as morphous can attest to.. speaking of whom knew exactly what they were getting into as i spoke directly to them and told them. but he stil;l took it on knowing the payment scheem and the drop in sales and disgruntled community. I believe that he himself was overcomew with the complexaties of the code in the game written how it is for what ever reason. and he also had his own project on the go at the same tome. so naturally he opted to stay on his own project and dump someone elses that wasn't paying much for the amout of work involved and or the quarrels between him the community and original author which i'm sure were there. when i did speak to morphous (before and just after he was hired) he seemed bright and full of energy . after the release of the update and the communitys comments hge sounded way down in th dumps and I can't blame him. So its not a case of the emperors new clothes at all. and yes you have every right to be angry .. but not to the extent of harrasing the community who like and play and mod the game. there iare righjt places and way to do things. and most of those with negative (not all) have never even purchased the game let alone played it.. ok. so steam alows players to review the game even though they haven't purchased or played the game. It should not have come into the community forums. iut should have stayed in the right channels as pm's dm's and emails with those that can do something about it. eg: the authors , steal or whom ever you purchased the game through. The communitys for that game are just that about the game asking questions and politly seeking answers that the community could and can anser not about refunds ar slagging off in there just because they can. thers more than enough nergative reviews about the game and its authors without involving the community's and those trying to support the game they like to play and are there willing to help others get the same enjoument out of modding and or playing the game. there are litterally thousands of games on sale on steam that are no longer under production or supported by anyone but their communities, let alone indie authors out there and those that were there just to take the money and run. of which there are many also anmd most haven't had such a nexative reaction that towns did. Towns was built up to be being the next Dwarf Fortress.. the authors at the outset saiod no it wasn't it was inspired by DF and majesty and other similar games. it got into the headlines as being the next big thing since DF ands right on the heals of minecrafts success. everyone thought it was going to be another huge success and it was simply too much too soof for the authors. they did their best to make the game like they wanted and like the players wanted. but the more they did it was never good enough.. sound familure... eventually they saids thats it. and the community didn't like it .. then they crumbled. .. and disapeared only to surface later and give an inbterview on a web site someewhere thhat i can't remember. i was even shocked by what they had to say.
BlueSteelAUS

Return to General discussion