Towns summary and future

General discussion about the game

Towns summary and future

Postby supermalparit » Wed May 07, 2014 7:03 pm

Hello everybody,

as you may know I decided some months ago that the game was finished. Some of you agreed and a some of you disagreed. My reasons was simple, add new features to the game won't make a difference in it and you always will ask for more, so I took my decision.

After posting that and read your replies, I decided to hire someone to continue with the game (Moebius). We agreed to give the new dev a 15% on sales, that was a fair ammount considering the past month sales, a bit less taking into account the february sales. I also thought that with the active development of the game the sales will grow up, but they didn't.

So, well, now we are like 2 months ago, no developer. Well, we are worse than 2 months ago, because we gave you some hope and now all seems over.

But, well, I think still there are some good news to you. There is a well known player who works for one of the bigger gaming companies and he has expressed an interest to get the Towns rights and continue the development. I still can't tell you the company name, but I can assure you is a good well known one.

In the upcoming days we will try to reach an agreement, so, please, I ask you for a little more patience.

If we can't reach an agreement I will, again, hire someone to continue the development. I know you may lost the hope about the hirings but I want to try it again.

Regards
Xavi
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Re: Towns summary and future

Postby miljan02 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:07 pm

I am glad that you still think to hire someone, but man, you are killing us. Hope down, hope up, hope down, hope up...

The reason why there was no increase in sales is because there was no big updates to the game.

But does this mean, you will sell town to other company? Or?
miljan02

Postby pickitlickit » Wed May 07, 2014 7:22 pm

You should hire someone who isn't a thread locking mod, and let the community talk here instead of forcing us to steam forum instead.
pickitlickit

Postby Summus » Wed May 07, 2014 7:24 pm

Just go back to flipping burgers instead of your bullshit talk about a Towns 2. Worthless leeches.
Summus

Postby supermalparit » Wed May 07, 2014 7:27 pm

miljan02 wrote:I am glad that you still think to hire someone, but man, you are killing us. Hope down, hope up, hope down, hope up...

The reason why there was no increase in sales is because there was no big updates to the game.

I know man ... :(

About the updates, etc.... for sure that's a big reason (or simply, THE reason), is not easy to someone to take the full game code and release big patches in little time.

About the company, we are still in negotiations, in 1-2 days I will know more.
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby pickitlickit » Wed May 07, 2014 7:32 pm

IMO you should let the community talk on these forums, Could you please look into and consider not locking threads?
pickitlickit

Postby supermalparit » Wed May 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Summus wrote:Just go back to flipping burgers instead of your bullshit talk about a Towns 2. Worthless leeches.

Towns 2 is out of the scope, we talked about it with Moebius but we both feel that is not the correct timing for it.
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby miljan02 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:35 pm

supermalparit wrote:
miljan02 wrote:I am glad that you still think to hire someone, but man, you are killing us. Hope down, hope up, hope down, hope up...

I know man ... :(

About the updates, etc.... for sure that's a big reason (or simply, THE reason), is not easy to someone to take the full game code and release big patches in little time.

About the company, we are still in negotiations, in 1-2 days I will know more.

Ok thanks. I really hope someone will still work on the game. But if you hire another developer, please man, give him more than 15%, its really low, and the game will stop selling all together at some point, so try to make a contract that if sells drop he still gets some minimum income.
miljan02

Postby supermalparit » Wed May 07, 2014 7:42 pm

miljan02 wrote:Ok thanks. I really hope someone will still work on the game. But if you hire another developer, please man, give him more than 15%, its really low, and the game will stop selling all together at some point, so try to make a contract that if sells drop he still gets some minimum income.

I learned that, ty
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby ragnar » Wed May 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Heh, you should have posted before mobius thread where he said he is leaving, as there would be a lot less drama.

Dont know what to say. Hope you will find someone to work on it, as I like the game, and would like that development continues in whatever form possible.
ragnar

Next

Return to General discussion