Anon's Assorted Maps of Awesomeness (Including Surface Iron)

Post your maps and game saves here

Anon's Assorted Maps of Awesomeness (Including Surface Iron)

Postby Anon » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:21 am

Welcome to Anon's Assorted Maps of Awesomeness (Including Surface Iron)!

Below I will be uploading maps I generated that have some merit, either in general or to me specifically. Every surface iron map I generate will also be included here.

All these maps are generated with the UNALTERED version of the game and have not been modified in ANY way at all. The game was paused and saved straight away.

Enjoy!

Survivor Note: You start in the jungle, surrounded by Froggies.
Survivor.zip (1.2 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!LYEkxS6C!Eh6pWgSFx ... ITLoEEBqwY

Surface Iron 1
Surface Iron 1.zip (1.2 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!aVFHVCyb!W4x7zk-CP ... kOXnUDXQnU

Surface Iron 2 Note: Has lots of surface iron.
Surface Iron 2.zip (1.2 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!PENRVKCR!VRR8aTZqx ... vCPHk7niVA

Surface Iron 3
Surface Iron 3.zip (1.2 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!CUN3hCTK!R_Qn9WshQ ... PdJz_VjGek

Surface Iron 4 Note: Tons of iron on the surface.
Surface Iron 4 (v13a).zip (1.2 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!OccgDZYa!f6zpm0INt ... yHtoj9UsZM

Surface Copper 1 Note: Tons of copper on the surface.
Surface Copper 1 (v13a).zip (1.2 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!zcU2wRaJ!Kf5TujqKK ... XEIQIjOnkw
Last edited by Anon on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anon

Re: Anon's Assorted Maps of Awesomeness (Including Surface I

Postby GGss6 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:52 am

Great maps! Thanks!
GGss6

Postby karenbruce » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:44 am

I easily get impressed with such kind of creations. Very nice.
"The sword has to be more than a simple martial arts weapons it has to be an answer to life's questions."
karenbruce

Postby frenchiveruti » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:43 pm

Too many mountains, but thanks for the maps :D
frenchiveruti

Postby Anon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:26 am

As I am probably starting a new map tomorrow, perhaps the random generator will cook something up that's flat! I'll keep it in mind!

Keep in mind, mountains can be removed though!
Anon

Postby Anon » Wed May 15, 2013 2:00 am

I have some newly generated v13a maps, including one with massive amounts of surface copper, and another with massive amounts of surface iron. If there's any interest I could upload these as well, I have them saved, but didn't bother to upload yet.
Anon

Postby YetiChow » Fri May 17, 2013 10:20 am

Anon wrote:I have some newly generated v13a maps, including one with massive amounts of surface copper, and another with massive amounts of surface iron. If there's any interest I could upload these as well, I have them saved, but didn't bother to upload yet.

I'm not sure about others, but if I'm going to download a mpa it'd need more than a massive lump of metal on the surface. I mean, if the rest of the map is impossible to set up in, and the iron is hidden in a corner behind the jungle, and your townies spawn on the wrong side of the river to begin with... you get where I'm going with this.

IMHO, it's better to have a good building map than a map with surface iron. If you manage to generate a map with a nice flat area with water at on side, jungle relatively close by (about a screen away from the centre of the plain), with metals and coal available close together for a 'mining' area, a nice patch of think grass for a park, and preferable all surroundded by hills and mountians at the map edges... well, THAT would be a map to upload :D

I'm not saying that you shouldn't upload the maps you're talking about, just that they probably won't be as popular as other maps unless they have some stand-out feature.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Anon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:19 pm

I added two more maps.

Incidentally, I have a map saved that has no lake, and a very small standard river, would you be interested in that?
Anon

Postby TheWesDude » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:56 pm

i was thinking of what would be the perfect map for me, and after thinking about it, here is what i came up with:

1) level -2 and -4 would be the rough random stone type layers
2) all other even layers would be like a grid setup of dungeon rooms all inter-connected
3) it would have a nice lake in the middle
4) it would have a river running side to side
5) it would be designed to start at the top with some animals and trees
6) on the bottom part of the surface it would have some snow for snoats and snow based foods
7) on layer -2 near the beginning of the north part it would have a like 2x2 gold patch and a 2x2 silver patch for mine carts
8) on that layer -2 it would also have a 4x4 or 6x6 iron spot for mine carts
9) the map would only go like +4 to +5 at the most but down as far as the engine allows
10 ) it would have gradually increasing difficulty monsters like now farther down you go
11) it would also have a 4x4 or 6x6 coal patch near the beginning
12) it would have a little mineable area for the minerals maybe on top of the mine cart patches to get you started so you dont have to rely on traders
13) it would not have a lot of "mountian" type, the surface would be pretty flat.
14) it would not have hostiles on the surface layer
15) it would also have a jungle area near that lake possibly with banana trees, some jungle mushrooms, and some radishes, and have a decent size but not too big or too small

that all make sense?

what i like to do is pick my starting area, preferably close to the jungle on normal maps. then i build up my stockpiles 2x10 or 2x15 for mats, raw, finished foods, leave a blank row, and then build up my zones. 3 wide and usually 10-14 long and i place my utilities on every other square on a side.
TheWesDude

Postby TheWesDude » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:47 am

it seems that surface iron 3 is missing the iron near the surface, i had to go to -6 to find some iron.
TheWesDude

Next

Return to Maps and game saves