Question

Post your maps and game saves here

Question

Postby Btrixy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:32 pm

I made a map with 20 uplevels and 30 downlevels. With the first enemy´s on layer 4 and then each 3 layers in between.
Can I just post that level and is it playable for everyone? (It´s a vanilla Towns 11a except that little mod)
Btrixy

Re: Question

Postby Ratheart » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:50 pm

From what I noticed with mine, I had to post the map file AND the modified map xml files.

So from your .Towns\Save folder and also your game folder with the campaign scenario you modified.
You can see my map i posted in this section for the two downloads I mean.
Ratheart

Postby YetiChow » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:40 am

It depends on how you modded it - if you overwrote your mod onto one of the vanilla folders ("home cooked" is sometimes used to describe this style... by me at least; I don't know if anyone else actually uses the term but I'm sticking with it :lol:) then anyone with a vanilla game (and even a modded game in which that map type still exists) will be able to play without issues. The only reason it would cause problems would be if you made a new map type; in which case you'd need to post the data for that map type as well.

Basically, if you made a new "extra deep" map type then you'll need to upload all the modded folders (or at least the modded code or a DIY on what code to add/change); but if you simply added extra levels to the normal map type or any other vanilla map type then you're fine :)
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Btrixy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Humm, Not quite sure if I understand what you mean yetichow. But I´ll tell you what I did :)
I copied the original campaign folder c1 and made a new campaign series c3. Modded it so it shows in the menu.
Then I modified the normal map to have more levels (just editing all xml files).

I thought it would be easyer to share a savegame as some people where asking for higher building, or adding a layer of stone between enemy´s. I try to look into it how I can post it as a mod then.
Btrixy

Postby Stephenseiber » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:40 pm

then you would have to post modified files. plus the whole C3 campaign...
Stephenseiber

Postby Btrixy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:41 pm

Stephenseiber wrote:then you would have to post modified files. plus the whole C3 campaign...

Thank you :) , Then it might be more useful to post as a mod rather then a savegame.
Btrixy

Return to Maps and game saves