[v7]Valle de la Cerveza

Post your maps and game saves here

[v7]Valle de la Cerveza

Postby EnvizionRev » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:09 pm

This, my friends, is the save game file for my city of Valle de la Cerveza, as featured in my YouTube series. This game was made before versions became save-game compatible, so you will ONLY get to play if you have a copy of v7 still laying around. This is the finished city, for your viewing pleasure. The save is pretty slow and laggy, and crashes occasionally. But still very much playable. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/LBjMtusTKEM

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?7tj05hsr8qt9btp
-- Envizion Revelations, Towns Moderator
EnvizionRev

Re: [v7]Valle de la Cerveza

Postby YetiChow » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:20 am

You really need to do something similar for v10 (or v11 when it comes out) and post the map at the end. Better yet, keep a copy of the starting map (before anything has been done to it) and then release both the started and finished maps to see if anyone can do any "better"...

Actaulyl, IMO that would be a cool idea for the next build contest; everyone takes a particular map save and the challenge is to see what everyone does with the map - do they go for a traditional town, a micro-town, or do they pick a particular feature e.g. a patch of jungle to focus on for the contest? At the end everyone could post their maps back into the thread so everyone can see what they did.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Jon_jon13 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:03 am

YetiChow wrote:You really need to do something similar for v10 (or v11 when it comes out) and post the map at the end. Better yet, keep a copy of the starting map (before anything has been done to it) and then release both the started and finished maps to see if anyone can do any "better"...

Actaulyl, IMO that would be a cool idea for the next build contest; everyone takes a particular map save and the challenge is to see what everyone does with the map - do they go for a traditional town, a micro-town, or do they pick a particular feature e.g. a patch of jungle to focus on for the contest? At the end everyone could post their maps back into the thread so everyone can see what they did.

I want that contest to happen.

Not right now I mean, but for a future contest, or something... :P
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby YetiChow » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 am

Just to prove I'm not immune to total derp-fails, I'll relate the fact that after trying to open the video and failing I decided I'd download the map and take a look myself... I got all the way into the loading screen before I remembered it was for V7 :lol: Oh well, that's kinda stupid of me...

We need a library of older versions - I know that "sensible" people keep one for themselves, but that's never been my forte :lol: Now to go and delete the save I just wasted my time downloading... :lol:

Actually, at least I now know where to go to find my map saves, so maybe it wasn't a total waste of time :)
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Return to Maps and game saves