[14e] [MOD] Towns++ v14e2

Post here your released mods

Re: [14e] [MOD] Towns++ v14e

Postby TheObserver » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Ok, I think this warrants a "FFS".

I fixed the solution...by manually installing Java 1.7 in my computer's native 64-bit state, rather than just settling for the 32-bit version it was suggesting previously.

Thanks for the kick in the head, BlueSteelAUS/LittleMikey.
TheObserver

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:39 pm

I'm glad you got it working ;)
BlueSteelAUS

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:19 am

Bud1980 wrote:Everytime the people place items like walls on the ground the game freezes for just a sec but i remove the mod just to see if it was the game and it wasnt and i only have your mod on my towns so im just letting you know there is something wrong there

Try the latest d/load available in the master/dev area of git. https://github.com/BlueSteelAUS/Towns-p ... master.zip

see if it changes it. I've changed a ton of blocks to walls , so you can't walk through them now. in my testing I can't see any slowdowns when they place the walls. they do take time to build them and place them but that's normal same as everything else. (its only waiting like 14 to 30 game ticks which is nothing really)
BlueSteelAUS

Re: [14e] [MOD] Towns++ v14e2

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:57 am

I haven't heard anything in over a week so i suspect 1 either no one has tried the latest dev/master version , or 2 there are no bugs

So whats new . ;)
Towns++ is now on BitBucket no longer being updated on Github (when i know i have a stable working area on bitbucket the GitHub release will disappear completely)

why the change , its several things really, the main one is that on bitbucxket i can set up a proper download for each branch and KEEP a running Total of how many times its been d/loaded, unlike on github nothing like that was available.

Townsmods.net is still down. so those of you who want to get it from a proper modding forum I've also placed it up onto nexus mods

also there has been a rather big update to Towns++ lots of fixes (nothing new yet). see first post in this tread as usual for all the latest info and download links
BlueSteelAUS

Postby TheObserver » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:27 pm

Good to see a new release. Since I didn't see anything like this in the bugfix list, I'll address it here:

I was recently running a Normal+Deep Dungeons map on v14e, and had gotten to the point where I could "set and forget" because of the amount of villagers I had grouped for different tasks. My town had one hero (Santa Claus), and I had selected a buried town from the "towns.net" option (or wherever it pulls them from).

Things were running normally until I reached a total of 41 villagers (35 normal, 6 soldiers), and had created a number of animal barns (around six for each type, I believe). Around that time, I received the notice that my hero had left due to lack of food. It didn't dawn on me what was happening until a villager starved, and I noticed that all my townsfolk were hungry. At that point, I checked the production queue, and although the automated tasks were active (I even tried playing with the numbers, turning them off and on), none of the tasks were being fulfilled. (Manually ordering tasks got the villagers to start working, but I had written off the save by then).

My first question is this: is it known that once a "magic number" of total living entities is reached, the game can no longer track and assign automated tasks to villager entities due to having to queue processes to everything?

Secondly, I am assuming that entities are "pre-baked" into a given map when it is first created, and they are only replaced once a per-assigned timer has been met (from past experience of digging into a dungeon and immediately finding monsters). If this is true, it seems very inefficient. If so, is it possible to write a statement that queries if a given "z-level" has been uncovered before spawning entities?
TheObserver

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:48 am

TheObserver wrote:Good to see a new release. Since I didn't see anything like this in the bugfix list, I'll address it here:

I was recently running a Normal+Deep Dungeons map on v14e, and had gotten to the point where I could "set and forget" because of the amount of villagers I had grouped for different tasks. My town had one hero (Santa Claus), and I had selected a buried town from the "towns.net" option (or wherever it pulls them from).

Things were running normally until I reached a total of 41 villagers (35 normal, 6 soldiers), and had created a number of animal barns (around six for each type, I believe). Around that time, I received the notice that my hero had left due to lack of food. It didn't dawn on me what was happening until a villager starved, and I noticed that all my townsfolk were hungry. At that point, I checked the production queue, and although the automated tasks were active (I even tried playing with the numbers, turning them off and on), none of the tasks were being fulfilled. (Manually ordering tasks got the villagers to start working, but I had written off the save by then).

My first question is this: is it known that once a "magic number" of total living entities is reached, the game can no longer track and assign automated tasks to villager entities due to having to queue processes to everything?

Secondly, I am assuming that entities are "pre-baked" into a given map when it is first created, and they are only replaced once a per-assigned timer has been met (from past experience of digging into a dungeon and immediately finding monsters). If this is true, it seems very inefficient. If so, is it possible to write a statement that queries if a given "z-level" has been uncovered before spawning entities?

well none of this is Towns++ based , but i'll try to answer them here anyway.

there is no "magic number" , what happens is that if someone is in the middle of a task and they get interrupted, sometimes they don't go back to it. and the way that things like workbenches are locked at the beginning of a task (so that you don't get 10-20 people all grabbing a resource and running for the same workbench and then waiting till its available and tying up all your cits to that tasks queue as opposed to using the empty oven next to it or other tasks completely) the workbench remains locked until the task is completed. So things can get confused. saving and reloading will generally solve a lot of these type of glitches

the maps only add in the creatures when the level gets first accessed. even though they are listen in the gen livings, so as soon as you open up level 3 they are all added for level 3 etc. which is why you should clear out a level at a time, if you dug straight down the the bottom level then the monsters on all those levels will spawn and could (would) cause lag

Also running other mods with towns ++ eg: deep dungeons etc.. might not work properly and they won't necessarily like in the case of deep dungeons spawn all the animals that are needed for the farms on towns++
BlueSteelAUS

Postby TheObserver » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:33 am

Fascinating. Thanks for the reply.
TheObserver

Postby Haggy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:54 am

What do the monsters in terms of the levels:

When you create the map, the monsters get allocated a fixed position and are inactive. Only when they are "discovered", they are active. No matter how many levels you open simultaneously. I've learned through my "Dungeon Portals". Only with their discover, the counter starts to spawn the enemy. Or, as is normal, the enemy begins to move.

However, the system calculates in "Tasks" all levels. Therefore, it should not be too many levels.

With 64 levels everything takes longer. And even at 30 Citizen. And the more he has to calculate (animals, enemies, citizens, tasks, etc.) over the more level up more, the game requires so much longer to execute. And the more often this glitch may occur.
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

Postby Sigyn » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:46 am

I'm having the same problem as TheObserver only I'm not running any mods other than Towns++v14e2 (no buried towns). After I hit 40 or so citizens, all my group assignments became meaningless. For example, I have a group assigned to only harvest but now they are mining, building, etc. I noticed it last night. I've saved and reloaded several times today but my citizens just are using the overall priority system rather than their assigned tasks. Any suggestions?
Sigyn

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:56 am

if this is happening, its nothing to to with the mod , you may have found a bug with the Vanilla towns, ALL I do in Towns++ is add new priorities/tasks its up to Towns to implement them. I think what you could be seeing is the new cits who aren't assigned to a group doing the global.

Question
Are you using a new game or an old save from vanilla or maybe an earlier version of Towns++ or maybe the save file from someone elses mod. I'd suggest starting a new game and seeing if its still does it.
because i've split some original tasks to different priorities. and some tasks have even changed the group that they are in in the vanilla Towns.

if not then i don't know as all the changes should be in place and working as intended at the start of the game. nothing changes them when you reach any benchmark of population etc..
BlueSteelAUS

PreviousNext

Return to Released mods