[14e] [MOD] Towns++ v14e2

Post here your released mods

Re: [14e] [MOD] Towns++ v14e

Postby GreyFalcon » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:53 am

BlueSteelAUS wrote:Towns++ is still under active development , I'm still the main person in charge of it. Mikey was a godsend an invaluable help and yes his contributions will really be missed. Mikey will be remembered through the change logs and a retired Team section in the readme

Always glad to have this reinforced, that you have been and still are in charge of the mod and the mod is under active development. :)
Thanks for adding Mikey into a Retired Team section. He brought a lot of life to the mod and needs to be remembered at the least. I do hope he comes back to help from time to time. I'm sure you could use it if no one else steps up to help.

Hehe, who knows, maybe someone could make an in game statue like the God King of Mikey to add to Towns++ for an ever lasting memorial. ^.^
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's how we stood and faced it.

Check out some of my writing at: http://Writing.Com/authors/greyfalcon
GreyFalcon

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:27 am

hi sorry been so long in replying, been very busy :(

as for
All the listed building blocks can't be flattened using 'Z':
--------------------------------------

White Flag Block
Yellow Flag Block
Dark Grey Flag Block
Red Flag Block
Tan Flag Block
Khaki Stone Block
Marble Stone Brick Block
Dark Grey Stone Brick Block
Light Grey Stone Brick Block
Clay Stone Brick Block
White Stone Brick Block
Silver Stone Brick Block
Light Stone Brick Block
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from what I've been able to discover in the graphics.ini there's no way to make the half height,chopped blocks. I can't see it in there for any Manufactured blocks at all even in original towns :( I too wish there was, if I'm blind I wish someone would point it out to me. as far as i can see. I've Asked Xavi about it and am awaiting a reply. at the moment i think some blocks are hard coded for viewing in that mode , I'm not sure though.

as for a list of things i have on my to do list here is a basic summery
Code: Select all
Fix bugs reported on Steam (listed below) reported by Mysterio28 thankyou

All the listed building blocks can't be flattened using 'Z':
White Flag Block
Yellow Flag Block
Dark Grey Flag Block
Red Flag Block
Tan Flag Block
Khaki Stone Block
Marble Stone Brick Block
Dark Grey Stone Brick Block
Light Grey Stone Brick Block
Clay Stone Brick Block
White Stone Brick Block
Silver Stone Brick Block
Light Stone Brick Block

Rotation of statues
---------------------
Iron Hero Statue
Bronze Hero Statue
Silver Hero Statue
Gold Hero Statue

Iron Gargoyle Statue
Bronze Gargoyle Statue
Silver Gargoyle Statue
Gold Gargoyle Statue

Iron Nux Statue
Bronze Nux Statue
Silver Nux Statue
Gold Nux Statue

Iron Skeetenbeeten Statue
Bronze Skeetenbeeten Statue
Silver Skeetenbeeten Statue
Gold Skeetenbeeten Statue

(need to rename these to state what they are made from)as well as rotation
Sirian Caesar Statue (iron)
Sirian Caesar Statue (copper)
Sirian Caesar Statue (silver)
Sirian Caesar Statue (gold)
-------------------------------

fix rotation of new beds

------------ end of reports from steam

Rename beds so that they know which beds are needed for which Hero

*Give Arena Fights a purpose by giving Arena Badgers/Bait a happiness on death effect?
*Add dw420 Windows.
*Santa Hero make more interesting
*new Female Animals cage graphics
*Dice roll 0 or 1 to make Desert or Jungle?

That's a great idea , I'll try and come up with a memorial for LittleMikey, It won't be a grave(because he's not dead, just retired), could be a statue, monster, effect, item , whatever. If anyone has any ideas or is good at graphics and feels like making something up and can make 4 facing directions of it if its a statue etc.. it would get implemented quicker, hmm.... How about a competition.. I have a couple of small/cheap steam games that i could give away (sorry i can't afford much, only on a disability support pension here ,m and I don't make a penny out of the mod) what do you all think.
BlueSteelAUS

Postby YetiChow » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:14 am

BlueSteelAUS wrote:hi sorry been so long in replying, been very busy :(

from what I've been able to discover in the graphics.ini there's no way to make the half height,chopped blocks. I can't see it in there for any Manufactured blocks at all even in original towns :( I too wish there was, if I'm blind I wish someone would point it out to me. as far as i can see. I've Asked Xavi about it and am awaiting a reply. at the moment i think some blocks are hard coded for viewing in that mode , I'm not sure though.

That's a great idea , I'll try and come up with a memorial for LittleMikey, It won't be a grave(because he's not dead, just retired), could be a statue, monster, effect, item , whatever. If anyone has any ideas or is good at graphics and feels like making something up and can make 4 facing directions of it if its a statue etc.. it would get implemented quicker, hmm.... How about a competition.. I have a couple of small/cheap steam games that i could give away (sorry i can't afford much, only on a disability support pension here ,m and I don't make a penny out of the mod) what do you all think.

As far as flattening blocks, I believe it's that last "_block" entry for each one - in other words, since they point to different tiles, I'd assume that means the game rigs that graphic up automatically as the "half block version". Why it's under "block" instead of "half block" I can only guess; but it fits with some of the other roundabout naming conventions - one of the joys of translating Spanish code to English I guess :lol: To explain how (I think) it works: in the list of graphics options for the block, set a "_block" version and just point the graphic tile to wherever your have the image for it. I don't think the game will like you if you make it look in another file (or in other words, I don't think it CAN look in another file besides where you originally pointed it); so it's probably best to do what Ben did and keep all of the variant graphics in one column. It may all work auto-magically, but the different "graphics tags" exist for each variant graphic so in theory it wouldn't matter where in the grid you put the images as long as you point correctly... could be good in the case of really big things (items made to look like they take up multiple cells, trees etc.)

In fact, that's probably why the tree stumps and the like were moved in with the trees into a separate .png, why each wall has all its variants in the same .png file etc. - so that the game looks in the same file for all the different tiles relating to that block.

So to flatten, say, a "marble tile" block you'd just add [marbleTile_block] and all its variants to the end like the other blocks have, then point those to the tile containing the "flattened version" image.

As far as the tribute item/living/whatever, sounds like a great idea. I'd be happy to offer my services as an artist in case anyone has an entry/suggestion that they'd like drawn up.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby LittleMikey » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:56 am

YetiChow wrote:
BlueSteelAUS wrote:hi sorry been so long in replying, been very busy :(

As far as flattening blocks, I believe it's that last "_block" entry for each one - in other words, since they point to different tiles, I'd assume that means the game rigs that graphic up automatically as the "half block version". Why it's under "block" instead of "half block" I can only guess; but it fits with some of the other roundabout naming conventions - one of the joys of translating Spanish code to English I guess :lol: To explain how (I think) it works: in the list of graphics options for the block, set a "_block" version and just point the graphic tile to wherever your have the image for it. I don't think the game will like you if you make it look in another file (or in other words, I don't think it CAN look in another file besides where you originally pointed it); so it's probably best to do what Ben did and keep all of the variant graphics in one column. It may all work auto-magically, but the different "graphics tags" exist for each variant graphic so in theory it wouldn't matter where in the grid you put the images as long as you point correctly... could be good in the case of really big things (items made to look like they take up multiple cells, trees etc.)

In fact, that's probably why the tree stumps and the like were moved in with the trees into a separate .png, why each wall has all its variants in the same .png file etc. - so that the game looks in the same file for all the different tiles relating to that block.

So to flatten, say, a "marble tile" block you'd just add [marbleTile_block] and all its variants to the end like the other blocks have, then point those to the tile containing the "flattened version" image.

As far as the tribute item/living/whatever, sounds like a great idea. I'd be happy to offer my services as an artist in case anyone has an entry/suggestion that they'd like drawn up.

Yeah it's the _block lines that work as the flattened tiles. If there isn't one present then the game will just use the full block graphic.
LittleMikey

Postby LittleMikey » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:56 am

YetiChow wrote:As far as the tribute item/living/whatever, sounds like a great idea. I'd be happy to offer my services as an artist in case anyone has an entry/suggestion that they'd like drawn up.

I'm trying to think what sort of legacy I should ask for in Towns++. I can't decide between going as a Hero or a Boss Monster. If I were a Hero I'd like to be a Gnome or something else small and deadly, but if I were a Boss Monster I'd like to be an Ogre or something else huge, but still have the name LittleMikey. (The joke being like Little John from Robin Hood)
Last edited by LittleMikey on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
LittleMikey

Postby GreyFalcon » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:29 pm

LittleMikey wrote:[quote="YetiChow"

I'm trying to think what sort of legacy I should ask for in Towns++. I can't decide between going as a Hero or a Boss Monster. If I were a Hero I'd like to be a Gnome or something else small and deadly, but if I were a Boss Monster I'd like to be an Ogre or something else huge, but still have the name LittleMikey. (The joke being like Little John from Robin Hood)[/quote]

As for a Big Bad Boss Monster, make him a dragon! xD
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's how we stood and faced it.

Check out some of my writing at: http://Writing.Com/authors/greyfalcon
GreyFalcon

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:28 am

look at his avatar, its not inspiring thoughts of a dragon, rather something that look small , meak and mild , but indispensable, under rated.
BlueSteelAUS

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:30 am

well that's weird the _block tags seem to be there. I'll try running it again later today,
rotation if beds is there (using a custom method, on right clicking the beds)

i'm working hard of fixing , tweaking , testing.
BlueSteelAUS

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:44 am

I've done a lot of changes in the Dev version of Towns++ (yes my mod Not Vanilla Towns14e),
I'd like some brave game players to test them out and report any bugs prior to public release

https://github.com/BlueSteelAUS/Towns-p ... master.zip

Code: Select all
Changes since Towns++_v14e
===========================
-> Changed Requirements for Smelter -> uses masonsbench not Anvil , requires 1 Wood , 2 Stone
-> Changed Requirements for Anvil -> uses Smelter not Masonsbench, same resources required
-> Added Stone hammer to utilities production menu (Yes its still in Weapons too)
-> Fixed Orientation and Rotation of Statues (well sort of needs more rotations for some, waiting on graphics)
-> Removed antiquated Del_ actions for some items (now handled in game using remove
-> Retitled Beds and some statues To make it easier to distinguish
-> Added some furnature and decorations into Buildings->Tavern section of right hand menu
(Hint:Hero's are attracted by certian things, they won't come unless you have the items they want in their rooms)
-> Added Hammer and Tongs to Buildings->Forge section of right hand menu
-> Added bone knife to Buildings->Carperntry section of right hand menu
-> Added some (not all) furnishings to Buildings->Personal space section of right hand menu
(for some different things look under furnature and decorations in right hand menu)
-> Added/Fixed missing half blocks view mode for some blocks that were showing full blocks
-> Fixed Statues rotations
(Still need more graphics for some, so graphics for North/South are the same as East/west for some, some have full rotation)
-> Renamed beds so that they know which beds are needed for Hero's
-> Updated readme and ToDoList
BlueSteelAUS

Postby Haggy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:22 pm

Somthing like this?

:lol:
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

PreviousNext

Return to Released mods