[14e] [MOD] Towns++ v14e2

Post here your released mods

Re: [14d] [MOD] Towns++ v14d2

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:40 am

Fixed bug
Mysterio28 has Towns 6 hours ago
Ran into another annoying bug. Whenever I 'Right Click' on a female skootenbeeten barn (or however ya spell the animals name), I get a CTD. Doesn't seem to do it on any other barn, just that one in particular, and only if there's a female skootenbeeten in it at the time.

BlueSteelAUS has Towns 8 minutes ago
Problem found and fixed (it was a typo) grab fixed version here https://github.com/BlueSteelAUS/Towns-p ... master.zip
BlueSteelAUS

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:58 am

BTW thanks to everyone who has looked /viewed / replied / downloaded this mod. Since the original posting of this mod its had
800 Replies 102313 Views (as of writing this reply) one of the highest viewed topics on this forum , definitely the most viewed mod bay far

I can't believe that its had over 100,000 views since Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:18 pm (the mod has been around a lot longer than that in bits and pieces and compiled but that's when it took on the name Towns++. it used to be called Bluesteel's mod pack, Bluesteel's maps , Bluesteel's mods)

Thanks again
BlueSteelAUS

Postby LittleMikey » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:24 am

YetiChow wrote:And, random thought which occurred while typing: would it help to put up a Towns++ sticky thread in the Steam forums? Really, I can see the logic for providing a whole sub-forum for it; or at least for modding... I'll talk to Xavi about the latter, but I figured I might as well suggest it. Personally my view is that it might get awkward squishing the Towns++ discussions into a single thread, and there's no good reason not to discuss Towns++ in the general discussion forums; it would only done be if it was some way helpful to keep all Towns++ discussion in a single thread. But the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" seems wise here... :lol: Again, just thought I might as well offer.

If you think the mod deserves it's own sub forum then I'd be happy to moderate it for you. It might convince a few more people that Towns isn't completely dead.
LittleMikey

Postby YetiChow » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:40 am

LittleMikey wrote:
YetiChow wrote:And, random thought which occurred while typing: would it help to put up a Towns++ sticky thread in the Steam forums? Really, I can see the logic for providing a whole sub-forum for it; or at least for modding... I'll talk to Xavi about the latter, but I figured I might as well suggest it. Personally my view is that it might get awkward squishing the Towns++ discussions into a single thread, and there's no good reason not to discuss Towns++ in the general discussion forums; it would only done be if it was some way helpful to keep all Towns++ discussion in a single thread. But the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" seems wise here... :lol: Again, just thought I might as well offer.

If you think the mod deserves it's own sub forum then I'd be happy to moderate it for you. It might convince a few more people that Towns isn't completely dead.

not sure if I can organise that, it was more "I'd be happy to suggest it to Xavi"; but if you'd like that then I'd be happy to do what I can. I'll definitely at least make the suggestion; and yeah it may well help to bring people from Steam into the modding scene and vice versa, not a lot of modders made the jump across at the Steam launch and that certainly didn't help the "they don't care about Steam" feeling.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Re: [14e] [MOD] Towns++ v14e

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:53 am

Towns++ has been updated to v14e , as usual see main thread for list of changes and the download links
BlueSteelAUS

Postby LittleMikey » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:57 am

Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry to announce that I'm stepping away from development on Towns++. I've been working on the mod for almost two years now, and I'm afraid all my energy to continue working on it has gone. I've had a lot of medical problems affect me over the past year, and I need to spend more time working on my health. Also the harassment and trolling going on towards the Towns development team in general has been really depressing to watch. I've spent literally hundreds of hours working on Towns++ over the years, and I'm just not getting anything out of that. The number of people who actually download the mod is constantly dwindling, and the number of replies on the forum thread are also at an all time low. I feel that nobody is actually respecting the amount of work I've put in enough to do anything more then complain about it.

I've spoken with BlueSteel and he'll continue working on the mod for himself by now, but if anyone feels like they want to offer assistance please PM him.

Thanks to the people who did download and enjoy the mod,
-LittleMikey
LittleMikey

Postby YetiChow » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:07 am

LittleMikey wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry to announce that I'm stepping away from development on Towns++. I've been working on the mod for almost two years now, and I'm afraid all my energy to continue working on it has gone. I've had a lot of medical problems affect me over the past year, and I need to spend more time working on my health. Also the harassment and trolling going on towards the Towns development team in general has been really depressing to watch. I've spent literally hundreds of hours working on Towns++ over the years, and I'm just not getting anything out of that. The number of people who actually download the mod is constantly dwindling, and the number of replies on the forum thread are also at an all time low. I feel that nobody is actually respecting the amount of work I've put in enough to do anything more then complain about it.

I've spoken with BlueSteel and he'll continue working on the mod for himself by now, but if anyone feels like they want to offer assistance please PM him.

-LittleMikey

I'm really sorry to hear that Mikey - all of it. Mostly of course the health things; I know it will be ongoing but I hope that things let up soon.

For what it's worth, I'm impressed by what you've done and glad to have been able to share the modding community with you.

Good luck for the future, and if I ever bump into you down on the Goldie make sure I buy you an icecream :D
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby GreyFalcon » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:13 am

I'm also definitely sad to see you going but your health is more important. I've enjoyed and continue to enjoy the work you and BlueSteel have done. I hope you do poke your head into the thread from time to time, cause you will always be part of Towns++ to many of us. Good luck in the future friend.
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's how we stood and faced it.

Check out some of my writing at: http://Writing.Com/authors/greyfalcon
GreyFalcon

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:46 am

Towns++ is still under active development , I'm still the main person in charge of it. Mikey was a godsend an invaluable help and yes his contributions will really be missed.
Towns++ is now under my account on Townsmod.net (I was finally ) able to upload it, as well its now also hosted on Nexus mods web site, see first post for the links , There's even a new screenshot , showing off some menu's and the new animal farms ;) Mikey will be remembered through the change logs and a retired Team section in the readme
BlueSteelAUS

Postby ragnar » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:45 pm

LittleMikey wrote:Hi everyone,

-LittleMikey

Shame that you are going. Good luck and thanks for your mods.
ragnar

PreviousNext

Return to Released mods