[v7][MM1.07]Terrain Tiles by York | Updated by Stechi

Post here your released mods

[v7][MM1.07]Terrain Tiles by York | Updated by Stechi

Postby Stechi » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:35 am

First:
This is the original mod.
All credits go to York.

I wanted to use it, so i updated it to the actual version, made it modloader-compatible and now I am sharing it with you.^^

Terrain Tiles - by York(Updated by Stechi)

Terrain Tiles gives you the ability to convert your terrain from one tile to another, by creating a Gardening Zone and place a Gardening Bench you can easily use the new Till menu on the bottom menu or by right clicking a tile directly.

Within the Zones menu at the bottom, there is now a 'Gardening' zone that can be created, in addition within the utilities menu on the right, you will now find a Gardening Bench which can be placed within the new zone and is required in the process to convert terrain. So get building your Garden sheds! (or Greenhouses!)

The Till button opens a sub menu which gives access to all the new features, which includes the ability to select many tiles at once (please note, planting snow, jungle, grass or sand requires the tile(s) to be dirt first. Also please note the ui icons are placeholders until the next update, but they should suffice for now)

Features:

(All actions require the use of a Gardening Bench)
-Turn Grass, Stone, Sand, Gravel, Jungle and Snow into Dirt (Requires 1 mud)
-Turn Dirt into:
- Grass (Requires 1 bush/pine or mushroom bush to gather seeds from (wont destroy it)
- Jungle (Requires 1 Jungle, banana or radish bush to gather seeds from (wont destroy it)
- Snow (Requires 1 snowpile)
- Sand (Requires 1 sandpile)

Features not included:

- You cannot use this mod to 'fill' in holes in the terrain.

Features planned:

- Create caravan to get terrain, also on maps where some terrains aren't present (will be very expensive)
- Change crafting process
- Make buckets auto-producible
- Create own stockpile

Bugs:

If you attempt to convert a tile without having at least 1 Gardening Bench, it will leave behind the blue order 'highlight' squares, which cant be removed by the Cancel order button nor will you be able to interact with that tile. To fix this simple place any block (eg scaffolding) on the broken tile, destroy or delete the block and it will remove the highlight and allow normal use.

This mod edits:
actions.xml
menu_right.xml
menu.xml
terrain.xml
graphics.ini
items.xml
zones.xml

How to install: (this is an advanced modloader mod)

- Requires Mod Manager (tested with v1.02)
- Backup your current game data
- Copy the contents of Mods into the Mods folder of Mod Manager (default location is in your towns application folder)
- Run Towns Mod Manager, select 'terrain tiles' and install

Download Terrain Tiles V5 Mod

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update History:

Version 5:
- Added new graphics for Garden Bench, Dirt Bucket, Grass Bucket, Jungle Bucket, Sand Bucket, Grass Seed Bag and Jungle Seed Bag
- Changed recipes, Garden bench now requires 3 wood instead of 1 wood and 1 stone, bushes will no longer be destroyed (after playing and testing it was far to easy to wipe out trees, especially jungle trees)

Version 4:
- Fixed highlight bug on unavailable raw resources (credit to Atoning Unifex)
- Fixed Container bug (credit also to Atoning Unifex)
- Added new Gardening Zone
- Added new Gardening Bench
- Reverted recipes from version 3a and added required use of new Gardening Bench

Version 3a:
- Change required items, sandpile, snowpile and mud to palmtree bush, snow bush and apple/pear/pine/mushroom/normal bush.

Version 2:
- Added new menus
- Fixed wording to be more descriptive

Version 1:
- Initial release[/quote]

Gretings
Stechi
Last edited by Stechi on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stechi

Re: [v7][MM1.02]Terrain Tiles by York | Updated by Stechi

Postby JackPS9 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:20 pm

You may want to check if it works with MM 1.07
JackPS9

Postby smithforge » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:49 pm

the link seems to be dead.

BTW, just a suggestion to whoever is maintaining the mod? (is York planning to continue it?)

I was wondering whether it is easier to encode the actions into the "gardening bench" instead of the individual terrain? That way, the terrain file can stay clean, and we won't get the uncancellable command problem? If there is need to limit what types of terrain can change to what other types, simply create different "gardening bench" with different habitats (so that they can only be placed on the terrain type that they are supposed to) with different sets of actions. This can potentially simplify the mod and thus the maintenance effort, as well as limit changes to the existing game data which is more likely to cause conflicts with other mods.
smithforge

Postby JackPS9 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:10 pm

smithforge wrote:the link seems to be dead.

BTW, just a suggestion to whoever is maintaining the mod? (is York planning to continue it?)

I was wondering whether it is easier to encode the actions into the "gardening bench" instead of the individual terrain? That way, the terrain file can stay clean, and we won't get the uncancellable command problem? If there is need to limit what types of terrain can change to what other types, simply create different "gardening bench" with different habitats (so that they can only be placed on the terrain type that they are supposed to) with different sets of actions. This can potentially simplify the mod and thus the maintenance effort, as well as limit changes to the existing game data which is more likely to cause conflicts with other mods.

York is busy with Life at the moment.
Wether he is coming back or not I have no idea.
JackPS9

Postby Stechi » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Sry, my Dropbox killed the link.
I don't know why but now it work aain.^^

Greets
Stechi
Stechi

Re: [v7][MM1.07]Terrain Tiles by York | Updated by Stechi

Postby Mirik » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:34 am

The only problem I have ran into so far is this. Any help on correcting this would be nice. Thank you.

1. Dig a hole
2. Fill that hole with a block
3. Unable to lay dirt on top of that block.
Mirik

Postby Chaplain1988 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 am

Mirik wrote:The only problem I have ran into so far is this. Any help on correcting this would be nice. Thank you.

1. Dig a hole
2. Fill that hole with a block
3. Unable to lay dirt on top of that block.

That's an apparently hard-coded (at this point) issue where once a block is dug out you can't turn it back into a terrain block.

Now on to my issue:
I noticed that this mod is extraordinarily incompatible with the Quarry Z mod. You can either get part of this mod to work with a total inability to convert stone if you install the Quarry Z mod last or you become unable to make wood detailers if you install this one last due to brute stone not popping out of mined blocks of stone. I'm just curious how I would go about integrating these two mods since I rather like both.
Chaplain1988

Postby Blackknight6714 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Are you still updating this mod Stechi?

If not I would love to get the community involved in updating it for the new versions. I've tried it with the current version of MM 1.07 and it will not show up in my mod list.

I would try to fix it myself but I have no idea how... if you can run me through it as if you were explaining it to a 3 year old I'll gladly do the work for ya!
Blackknight6714

Postby JackPS9 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Blackknight6714 wrote:Are you still updating this mod Stechi?

If not I would love to get the community involved in updating it for the new versions. I've tried it with the current version of MM 1.07 and it will not show up in my mod list.

I would try to fix it myself but I have no idea how... if you can run me through it as if you were explaining it to a 3 year old I'll gladly do the work for ya!

Install MM its 2 files into your towns directory.
Run and close MM
place and extract mod in Mods folders
run MM
Mod is shown in list.
JackPS9

Postby Blackknight6714 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:02 pm

How odd... mine is not showing in the list at all.

Edit: Blargh... It's showing up now. Yea for hours of OCD fits! 0_o
Last edited by Blackknight6714 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackknight6714

Next

Return to Released mods