[MM][1.04][v8a] Fishing Mod v4.0

Post here your released mods

Re: [MM][1.04][v7] Fishing Mod v3.0

Postby Hedrik » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:26 am

ericb1800 wrote:
Hedrik wrote:When you say that MM is required - do you mean that at least that version of MM is required, or that you must use MM to install with? I'm hoping not the second one since that would leave out all non-windows folks... at least until MM runs non-windows.



1. Mod Manager v1.04[v7] Now REQUIRED to Install... Available Here



Yes, that is the line I refer to. Repeating it was not helpful to me...

Is it:

[list=]
[*]Mod Manager is required[/*], or
[*]IF you choose to use Mod Manager, you must use v1.04[v7][/*]
[/list]
"We all live in a big black hole. No, really." - Richard A. Mead
Hedrik
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: [MM][1.04][v7] Fishing Mod v3.0

Postby ericb1800 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:16 am

Hedrik wrote:
ericb1800 wrote:
Hedrik wrote:When you say that MM is required - do you mean that at least that version of MM is required, or that you must use MM to install with? I'm hoping not the second one since that would leave out all non-windows folks... at least until MM runs non-windows.



1. Mod Manager v1.04[v7] Now REQUIRED to Install... Available Here



Yes, that is the line I refer to. Repeating it was not helpful to me...

Is it:

[list=]
[*]Mod Manager is required[/*], or
[*]IF you choose to use Mod Manager, you must use v1.04[v7][/*]
[/list]


Not meaning to sound like a jerk but I dont know how it can be any more clear when it says Mod Manager is required to INSTALL.
To explain, the files uploaded are intended to be installed with Mod Manager, any other version will not work. If you can decipher whats in the files uploaded then you can for sure install it by DIY methods, however I will not retype out the instructions since if you plan on doing it DIY, there are so many edits you are gonna need some modding experience and can decipher the uploaded files.

I updated the original post to make it more clear.
ericb1800
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Re: [MM][1.04][v7] Fishing Mod v3.0

Postby Hedrik » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:21 pm

ericb1800 wrote:
Hedrik wrote:When you say that MM is required - do you mean that at least that version of MM is required, or that you must use MM to install with? I'm hoping not the second one since that would leave out all non-windows folks... at least until MM runs non-windows.


.
..
.

Not meaning to sound like a jerk but I dont know how it can be any more clear when it says Mod Manager is required to INSTALL.
To explain, the files uploaded are intended to be installed with Mod Manager, any other version will not work. If you can decipher whats in the files uploaded then you can for sure install it by DIY methods, however I will not retype out the instructions since if you plan on doing it DIY, there are so many edits you are gonna need some modding experience and can decipher the uploaded files.

I updated the original post to make it more clear.


Thanks!
"We all live in a big black hole. No, really." - Richard A. Mead
Hedrik
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: [MM][1.04][v7] Fishing Mod v3.0

Postby JackPS9 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:20 pm

Wait so you can only fish on the map you made now?

Edit: Why is there a graphic for a caravan in the graphics yet no image for one?
JackPS9
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Re: [MM][1.04][v7] Fishing Mod v3.0

Postby ericb1800 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:55 pm

JackPS9 wrote:Wait so you can only fish on the map you made now?

Edit: Why is there a graphic for a caravan in the graphics yet no image for one?



The reason for the map is because of the limitations of the Mod Manager. The edit to the gen_map.xml file is still the same.

As for the caravan, are you saying it is in the graphics.ini file but not on the image or vice versa?
ericb1800
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Re: [MM][1.04][v7] Fishing Mod v3.0

Postby JackPS9 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:57 pm

ericb1800 wrote:
JackPS9 wrote:Wait so you can only fish on the map you made now?

Edit: Why is there a graphic for a caravan in the graphics yet no image for one?



The reason for the map is because of the limitations of the Mod Manager. The edit to the gen_map.xml file is still the same.

As for the caravan, are you saying it is in the graphics.ini file but not on the image or vice versa?

in the graphics.ini but I dont see it in the .png
JackPS9
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Re: [MM][1.04][v7] Fishing Mod v3.0

Postby ericb1800 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:03 am

I must have uploaded it with the wrong image... I have been trying to move everything from 3 diff versions of games and might have grabbed the wrong image. It would have been in the upper right of the png...

The link in the original post is fixed.
ericb1800
 
Posts: 815
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Re: [MM][1.04][v7] Fishing Mod v3.0

Postby JackPS9 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Wather you want to add this idea or not is up to you.
But it is something I am adding in personaly for this mod though really needed a food source faster with Towns Overhauled.
Anyways the idea........

SPEAR FISHING!
Using a spear to fish.
The fish caught by doing this are normaly Tuna, and Pikes.

If you know of any more fish you can add those in too if you wish. (Just using Raw Fish myself)
JackPS9
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Re: [MM][1.04][v7] Fishing Mod v3.0

Postby Cptnshiy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:23 am

Hi, and thanks for the mod! I'm having a few issues with it.

1. I didn't pick up by the conversation, does fishing ONLY work on the fishing map? Even if you install the other map file? That has been my case.

2. When I loaded the "Fishing" map, almost my entire river was covered in desert, and secondly by stone. This meant I only had 4 fishing spots, on both ends of the river. Besides that, looking at the number of grass tiles versus prime tiles, the number was way less than 20%. Take into account the desert and for the entire map I had 4 fishing spots :( Is it possible to make an option available for those of us that would like all waterfront to be fishing? If I have to do this manually, please explain it slowly, I'm new to this sort of thing :P

Thanks for the mod, and I'm excited to use it! And if there's a way to use it on regular maps, as I have installed the "Fishing" map, please let me know!

CS
Cptnshiy
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:18 am

Re: [MM][1.04][v7] Fishing Mod v3.0

Postby Cptnshiy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:16 am

Okay, thanks for you quick response and sorry to be a bugger :)

I popped over to look at the Food Extravaganza - it sounds so exciting! I can't wait to get all those new foods into my Townies :shock:

Thanks for all your hard work, I'll be trying to keep an eye on both forum topics to see when they update/are finished. As you can see, I joined the forum just today, to ask about this mod ;)

CS
Cptnshiy
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:18 am

PreviousNext

Return to Released mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron