Conservation! (MOD)

Post here your released mods

Re: Conservation! (MOD)

Postby johanwanderer » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:44 am

Teylor wrote:How can I do that? I have no clue abou modding :D

OK, I updated the project to add animal spawning. Download it here: http://townsmods.net/projects/view/67

I renamed the original ZIP file, so the download stats are all gone. Oops.

Anyway, you need a planted tree in order to use the new feature. Right click on the planted tree, and you'll have the option to spawn whichever wild animal you need. The text is a bit clunky at the moment, maybe I'll fix that later.

Enjoy!

johanwanderer

Postby Niranufoti » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:34 pm

johanwanderer wrote:Image
I'd add a "at the" so it's "Spawn XYZ at the planted tree".
Niranufoti

Postby LittleMikey » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Niranufoti wrote:
johanwanderer wrote:Image
I'd add a "at the" so it's "Spawn XYZ at the planted tree".

I agree. It'd be nice if Towns would let you chose to ignore the item name when right clicking, because it causes some annoying issues.

For example, if johanwanderer set up the production menu so you could auto-queue animals, the production menu would read "Spawn a wild chicken at the". Also it would be nice if you could select if it's displayed on the right-click menu.

Also, I just noticed, you have spawn Cow twice.
LittleMikey

Postby Teylor » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:50 pm

Great job! Will try it out later! <3
Teylor

Postby johanwanderer » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Niranufoti wrote:I'd add a "at the" so it's "Spawn XYZ at the planted tree".

LittleMikey wrote:For example, if johanwanderer set up the production menu so you could auto-queue animals, the production menu would read "Spawn a wild chicken at the". Also it would be nice if you could select if it's displayed on the right-click menu.

Also, I just noticed, you have spawn Cow twice.

Actually, I'll change it to "Carve an <animal> from the", so it will become "Carve a wild chicken from the planted tree".
And the second "cow" is actually a sheep. Oops. I'll fix that later.

And yes, it looks funny in the right-menu now.
johanwanderer

Postby johanwanderer » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Idea for next version: spawning froggies, spiders, etc.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to do that without causing the "carving" guy to get killed immediately, and without introducing a new entity to the game.

I might have to introduce a new entity anyway, but just temporarily (or permanently as a portal.)

Then again, that might be obsolete with v14.
johanwanderer

Postby Haggy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:34 pm

I'm working on mobile portals, spit out the enemies in certain underground levels. Could actually build an animal spawn portal, but is not that a little like cheating? For what build farms when you can just then multiplied these portals ... Therefore, I decided against it. Otherwise, one could generate a raw steak farm, saving the slaughter ... or McD?
Direct finished eating without preparation route? Why not incorporate into production the finished food. of course without any cost ... :roll:
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

Postby johanwanderer » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Haggy wrote:I'm working on mobile portals, spit out the enemies in certain underground levels. Could actually build an animal spawn portal, but is not that a little like cheating? For what build farms when you can just then multiplied these portals ... Therefore, I decided against it. Otherwise, one could generate a raw steak farm, saving the slaughter ... or McD?
Direct finished eating without preparation route? Why not incorporate into production the finished food. of course without any cost ... :roll:

The portals are only meant to spawn monsters, not edible animals.
The current version of the MOD only allow you to carve out animals from trees, so you can reintroduce them into your map in case you killed them all.
johanwanderer

Postby Haggy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:16 pm

Boat Caravan maybe?

And when it is not often enough it makes you a merchant who Sold only animals. However, without cost what "created" is cheating xD

My own modest opinion. You can do what you want ^ ^
Is just like larger barrels, no waiting time in production, free construction, etc.
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
Haggy

Postby johanwanderer » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Haggy wrote:Boat Caravan maybe?

And when it is not often enough it makes you a merchant who Sold only animals. However, without cost what "created" is cheating xD

My own modest opinion. You can do what you want ^ ^
Is just like larger barrels, no waiting time in production, free construction, etc.

There is always a cost in my Mod :) Nothing is free.

However, the point of Conservation! is after you have developed your map, and realized that you have caused a lot of things to go to extinction (both flora and fauna). The Mod allows you to reintroduce them to the land. I don't think it's economically to use my Mod in place of a farm, since everything is manual. You cannot setup automated production with it.
johanwanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Released mods