[v13a]Cage Farms

Post here your released mods

[v13a]Cage Farms

Postby JTE » Thu May 02, 2013 6:35 pm

Image
Adds Minecraft spawn cages as an alternative to "farms". Supports all currently farmable animals as of Towns v13.
Found in the Buildings section of the right side menu. Builds using iron instead of wood, but only takes up one block of space and can be placed anywhere. (Incorrect biomes, underground, whatever.)

Download
TownsMods.net page

Install
This is compatible with the v12 modloader, please extract it to your .towns/mods folder and enable it in the mods menu.
Should work with all future versions of the game up until the rest of the old Buildings system is replaced with something better.
JTE
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Re: [v13a]Cage Farms

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Fri May 03, 2013 4:03 am

That's cruel, At least in Towns++ we use barns, not cages to spawn our animals
User avatar
BlueSteelAUS
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:37 pm
Location: Nanango, Qld, Australia

Re: [v13a]Cage Farms

Postby Inquisitor80 » Wed May 15, 2013 6:01 pm

i am wondering, can this be changed to generate green/blue/red badgers?

if so it would be awesome for the arena. a steady supply of badgers without the babysitting :evil:
Inquisitor80
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: [v13a]Cage Farms

Postby Niranufoti » Wed May 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Inquisitor80 wrote:i am wondering, can this be changed to generate green/blue/red badgers?

if so it would be awesome for the arena. a steady supply of badgers without the babysitting :evil:

Yeah, that would be possible by making the item spawn arena badgers.
Niranufoti
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: [v13a]Cage Farms

Postby Inquisitor80 » Wed May 15, 2013 6:54 pm

so it would be the sample tags and code, just replace "Pig" with bluebadger ?

does that also work with monsters?

i would kinda like to have a arena for my heros lock them into an area with food and beds, and have monsters spawn inside
there was a mod and a thread about that but i couldn't get it to work in V13
still kinda a rookie at coding from scratch/ fixing code
Inquisitor80
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: [v13a]Cage Farms

Postby Niranufoti » Thu May 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Yes, I guess that'll work. You could also modify the time in order to have the entities spawn more/less often. For real action fights, they should spawn more rapidly.
Niranufoti
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: [v13a]Cage Farms

Postby Haggy » Sat May 18, 2013 2:58 pm

I'm working on something that matches this. A kind of cell that can be built in the arena area only. And you need live specimens to fill these. Then you can prepare some in the arena with a function and after some time they become active, as if it would solve their tie. The nice thing is, theoretically, you could install all available opponents that way. Had I actually put on a raid mod to outside areas, but the technique is the same direction. And I make the effects of problems that I can not really use, unfortunately.
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
User avatar
Haggy
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:34 am

Re: [v13a]Cage Farms

Postby YetiChow » Thu May 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Inquisitor80 wrote:so it would be the sample tags and code, just replace "Pig" with bluebadger ?

does that also work with monsters?

i would kinda like to have a arena for my heros lock them into an area with food and beds, and have monsters spawn inside
there was a mod and a thread about that but i couldn't get it to work in V13
still kinda a rookie at coding from scratch/ fixing code


What you want to do for that is have an item to spawn monsters and make the monsters drop food - the heroes have to fight for their supper! :twisted:

Well, you could do separate food spawning via another item, but there's a good chance it'd be mostly lost once the item gets surrounded. Also, you don't want your mosnters dropping bones etc., so you can replace the low-end drops with food so that the hereoes will either get gear or food as a prize.

The first bit is easy - slap <spawn>insert your monster here</spawn> onto a statue, and give it <spawnTurns>however long seems fair</spawnTurns>. The monsters should probably be a custom version of the existing monsters, e.g. "arena goblin". You can copy/paste the existing monster entry from livings.xml, change the drop to pie (or whatever food) and leave in a slight chance of getting some good gear.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
User avatar
YetiChow
 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:26 am
Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Re: [v13a]Cage Farms

Postby Haggy » Thu May 23, 2013 5:54 pm

And that's what I wanted to bring out in More Townies 3.0 ^ ^

've Made some of the creatures drop dummies provided that can be stuck in a cage and then releasing it again. But only in the arena. And am working on a dragon hero, including eggs and self-propagation. However, as these heroes (though had to work) is not the way it should be. Will probably reset it back to unit status, so it is not running amok ^ ^ Finally, he eats heroes. However, currently also other dragons xD
My English is bad. Sorry, but this will not Change.

Schreib einfach in deutsch zurück ;)

Haggys Mod Comp.
User avatar
Haggy
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:34 am

Re: [v13a]Cage Farms

Postby Inquisitor80 » Thu May 23, 2013 6:43 pm

YetiChow wrote:
What you want to do for that is have an item to spawn monsters and make the monsters drop food - the heroes have to fight for their supper! :twisted:

Well, you could do separate food spawning via another item, but there's a good chance it'd be mostly lost once the item gets surrounded. Also, you don't want your mosnters dropping bones etc., so you can replace the low-end drops with food so that the hereoes will either get gear or food as a prize.

The first bit is easy - slap <spawn>insert your monster here</spawn> onto a statue, and give it <spawnTurns>however long seems fair</spawnTurns>. The monsters should probably be a custom version of the existing monsters, e.g. "arena goblin". You can copy/paste the existing monster entry from livings.xml, change the drop to pie (or whatever food) and leave in a slight chance of getting some good gear.


brilliant!

but i would rather give them something like apples, it has a low maxage for sitting on the ground and isn't super filling
maybe a apple special for them that has a 1 tik eat so they don't get mauled when eating... maybe

and yeah i would want to give them a chance at food or a low level drop like wood armor, with a small chance at something nicer, say spiderite or maybe goblinite
with the different lvl of monsters giving better prizes

all this has been for the single reason of lvling the fools up
i am running "more maps 6" mod and the deep doungeon is killing them fast
even with a minimum of iron armor and a bone sword (min att of 800) they are dieing in packs on lvl -8
at this rate they will never live until -20
Inquisitor80
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Next

Return to Released mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron