Cooking bug I think [SOLVED]

Cooking bug I think [SOLVED]

Postby passive_recall » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:49 pm

So I have 55 people. 30 are set to do nothing but cook, 10 are set to nothing but butcher. The last fifteen do everything else. I have two ovens, and five fires, each one has a kitchen table next to it.

What happens is that my butchers are set to harvest 100 raw steak and they do it.

The cooks on the other hand will only make one or two stakes and then go idle. Its set to cook 100 steaks as well. My fires and kitchen tables are empty most of the time unless I order them to make a bunch of steak using the left hand arrows.

This happened with fish too.

I have not tried any other animals yet. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
passive_recall

Re: Cooking bug I think

Postby Jon_jon13 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Weird, I guess you have the raw material available, the crafting table is not in use, and there's idling townies who should be doing the job around?

It might be something you didn't take into account, but it may be a bug too.
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby passive_recall » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:15 am

Yes, there are raw steaks laying around and at least three to five of my seven kitchen tables are empty and the "cooking" villagers are idle
passive_recall

Postby brightwanderer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:55 am

Maybe try building a lot more kitchen tables and fires/ovens? I know it seems like you don't need them because the ones you have aren't getting used, but my general impression from my own games is that there is some sort of bottleneck around the food preparation tables. My best guess would be that even if they don't appear to be in use, some townie has "claimed" them for an upcoming cooking task - or they're all battling over ownership in the task allocation code. Building ranks and ranks of tables and ovens removed the bottleneck for me (although now I have the problem that my townies apparently don't actually want to eat meat very much!)
brightwanderer

Postby Dremire » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:37 pm

passive_recall wrote: I have two ovens...
...The cooks on the other hand will only make one or two stakes and then go idle.?

Maybe they can't auto queue more than number or of ovens you have? Try to remove ovens and leave only fires or vice versa.
Dremire

Postby philtrick2003 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:54 pm

I encountered a similar issue.. My town is up to ~80 people and so I had about 30 cooks set to make nothing but roasts. I had on the order of 20 kitchen tables and 20 ovens with 10 other guys set specifically to butcher.

Well, I noticed that I started having a ton of chickens, cows, and pigs starving to death and that my meat stocks had gotten up to 30+ of each one in stock, so I made more cooks.. and more cooks... and more cooks. Then I made more stoves and more kitchen tables -- I had ~50 of each lined up, so finally I decide to actually follow my cooks to figure out what the hell was going on.

Everyone of them with a "roast" order were stuck on a single square in my bakery doing nothing but eating the raw food that was being dropped there. To "fix" it, I had to actually mine from the bottom of that square up because each person that landed in that square got stuck. After mining the hole, everyone went back to work as usual -- until I filled the hole with a wood block, and they all get stuck there again. So this one square, for whatever reason, has bugged out and causes all of my townies to stick to it if they stand on it.

Very very strange.
philtrick2003

Postby caprontos » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:02 pm

Dremire wrote:
passive_recall wrote: I have two ovens...
...The cooks on the other hand will only make one or two stakes and then go idle.?

Maybe they can't auto queue more than number or of ovens you have? Try to remove ovens and leave only fires or vice versa.

that sounds possible.. I once had an issue where townies refused to use cooking fires once I added 1 oven.. if I replaced fires with ovens it fixed.. and I don't remember there being issues before that oven..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby Venduhl » Thu May 23, 2013 10:29 am

Anyone tried to build one kitchen each house?

I think, everyone build one, big house for much townies. I will try to build for every townie one house with all needed rooms inc. a kitchen. Only my Bakery work fine.

If i am wrong pls tell it ^^
Venduhl

Postby Scarab » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:33 pm

There is an issue with the cooking fires not working indoors with the latest update. Try placing your cooking fires outdoors and let us know if this resolves your issues. I realize that you have stoves as well and that this fix does not directly resolve your issues with their use. But perhaps while fixing the cooking fires, the problems with your stoves will be indirectly effected as well.
Scarab

Postby johanwanderer » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:56 am

Venduhl wrote:Anyone tried to build one kitchen each house?

I think, everyone build one, big house for much townies. I will try to build for every townie one house with all needed rooms inc. a kitchen. Only my Bakery work fine.

If i am wrong pls tell it ^^

The problem with this is that the townies have no concept of "using the kitchen in my house" (see my suggestion about communities) so they will run around too much. It should work, but probably not going to be as efficient as you might like.
johanwanderer

Next

Return to Solved