Bone torch Needs an accessible [SOLVED]

Bone torch Needs an accessible [SOLVED]

Postby Ingen2 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi!

When trying to craft a Bone Torch, the game gives the announcement "Bone torch can't be made. Needs an accessible [Bone carving knife]" if the carving knive is in a chest. I can make a torch if it lies on the ground.

Secondly, are they supposed to require a carving knife at all, since all other items don't require one anymore?

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Ingen2 on Tue May 07, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burningpet wrote:Haha, "Sing bird, sing! sing or meat your end!" damn i am bad at puns.
Ingen2

Re: Bone torch Needs an accessible

Postby caprontos » Tue May 07, 2013 3:36 am

Ingen2 wrote:Hi!

When trying to craft a Bone Torch, the game gives the announcement "Bone torch can't be made. Needs an accessible [Bone carving knife]" if the carving knive is in a chest. I can make a torch if it lies on the ground.

Secondly, are they supposed to require a carving knife at all, since all other items don't require one anymore?

Thanks for reading.

The bone carving knife is now like a moveable utility.. you can stockpile (not barrel)( or leave it on the floor anywhere) it somewhere and townies will use it like a work bench.
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby Ingen2 » Tue May 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Noticed the carving knife was not consumed now. They don't seem to work like workbenches though. My townies were carrying the carving knife and bones to the place where i ordered the torch, not the other way. Is this intended? seems pretty weird for me.
burningpet wrote:Haha, "Sing bird, sing! sing or meat your end!" damn i am bad at puns.
Ingen2

Postby burningpet » Tue May 07, 2013 7:33 pm

yeah its weird. so we changed it so that they will use the carving bench instead.
burningpet

Re: Bone torch Needs an accessible [SOLVED]

Postby Niranufoti » Wed May 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Then what will the Carving knife even do?
Niranufoti

Postby Ingen2 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Niranufoti wrote:Then what will the Carving knife even do?

Compatibility. it will still be ingame, so older saves won't be broken. Read the answer somewhere else on this forum :)
Ingen2

Postby caprontos » Wed May 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Ingen2 wrote:
Niranufoti wrote:Then what will the Carving knife even do?

Compatibility. it will still be ingame, so older saves won't be broken. Read the answer somewhere else on this forum :)

It should be added to being needed to make a bone carving bench possibly (and not need one to be made clearly)...

That would give it a use like tongs.. if only placeholder..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby Jon_jon13 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Yeah, it would make sense to be used in the bone bench instead of consumed or brought out of the containers for some specific receipe.
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Return to Solved