Caravans leaving before arriving [SOLVED]

Caravans leaving before arriving [SOLVED]

Postby Ingen2 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:27 pm

I did not find anything while searching, so i hope this isn't duplicate.

As of v13a, Caravans have started leaving before trading.
this seems to be tied somehow to the "pause game when caravan arrives" option, as i noticed the "The caravan decides to leave the town" announcement popped up during a paused game.
This have happened several times, but i noticed once that the caravan (a boat this time) proceeded to go to my market, then turn around and leave without entering it.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: another caravan (dwarven) arrived while the game was running, not fullscreen, in the background. the "The caravan decides to leave the town" popped up before i tabbed back.
i had several caravans before this, i do not seem to get this issue if i unpause quickly after the POM POM! announcement.
Ps: audible POM POM would have been awesome :P
burningpet wrote:Haha, "Sing bird, sing! sing or meat your end!" damn i am bad at puns.
Ingen2

Re: Caravans leaving before arriving

Postby Krag123 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:37 am

I just started having this happen to me. So far have had 3 caravans leave just as they entered the map. I have it set to pause when they come so i don't miss them.

Edit:
unsure if it has anything to do with game speed but i slowed my game down to 4 and caravans stopped running away after they showed up.
Krag123

Postby Ingen2 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Tested a bit more. Seems like announcements do not change to "The caravan decides to leave the town" until i click the announcements button after waiting a little on pause. just tested this on three caravans.

Not tested with slower game speeds yet, will hopefully get to it tomorrow.

EDIT: repeatedly clicking the announcement button while paused worked on game speed 4 too. Dammit, i have lost three caravans loaded with gold now.
Oh well, bug reports come above self-defense :P
burningpet wrote:Haha, "Sing bird, sing! sing or meat your end!" damn i am bad at puns.
Ingen2

Postby beta » Tue May 07, 2013 2:01 pm

2nd that notion on a Pom Pom sound effect, a very good suggestion.
beta

Postby supermalparit » Wed May 08, 2013 10:54 am

Solved on v14! Still testing but seems ok. It seems that if the "to buy" column (left column) is empty, after the townies haul an item to the caravan the caravan decides to leave. This also happned at random when the caravan just arrives. :O
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Re: Caravans leaving before arriving [SOLVED]

Postby Ingen2 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:25 pm

That is nice to hear! Golden magical maces for all! (and that thief hero dude. grr.)
Ingen2

Re: Caravans leaving before arriving [SOLVED]

Postby caprontos » Thu May 09, 2013 12:23 am

Ingen2 wrote:That is nice to hear! Golden magical maces for all! (and that thief hero dude. grr.)

He likes shiny things.. tis why they call him.. The crow!...
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Return to Solved