Getting shorted on trades [SOLVED]

Getting shorted on trades [SOLVED]

Postby AhmNee » Thu May 02, 2013 8:43 pm

I noticed on a trade that I was to come out ahead on, I didn't have nearly as much money when the trades were done than I was supposed to. So I watched when the next one happened. If a single townie was carrying an item to the merchant. All was good. If there were multiple townies carrying multiple items to the merchant, I would get credit for the first one, but the others would net nothing. So, I only have one townie set to trade now. That seems to work as a work around, for now.

Wanted to bring it to people's attention.

Cheers.
AhmNee

Re: Getting shorted on trades

Postby caprontos » Thu May 02, 2013 8:44 pm

The money in the trade window doesn't seem to update in real time like the icons for items left do..

But if you watch your money at the top it should be going up per item handed in..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby AhmNee » Fri May 03, 2013 4:40 am

That was exactly what wasn't happening. If it was a single townie bringing the trade items. The money up top updated properly. But if more than one grabbed items, the 2nd and 3rd townie would have no change in money at the top of the screen when they dropped off their item. There could be more variables. I've noticed that it worked when 2 townies were taking flowers to a dwarf or pinky merch. Money updated just fine then. But when I noticed the issue happening, it was taking bone armor pieces and stone spears to a bone or military merch.
AhmNee

Postby Hamik » Fri May 03, 2013 10:49 am

Have same problem, just now bone merchant came with golden haste helmet + two bone sword that interested me, made like 60 pieces of bone armor to have something to exchange with. At the end of trade i should get like 2,2k gold + those three items. Now i got two bone swords and 69 gold and have nothing more to trade with ... happend like 4th time now. :(
Roar!
Hamik

Postby mudslinger » Sun May 05, 2013 4:36 pm

I think I have noticed this too - occasionally leaves the merchant with a single item or more left to trade when you are buying more than selling. I usually have to cancel the last item (usually a really good/rare item too!) when the balance fails to add up to complete the last transaction.

And on a side note - (probably related to this glitch) caught one Trader/Merchant trying to skip the country before taking the last few items off my villagers!

“Wait mister!… Why you no buy???”
mudslinger

Re: Getting shorted on trades [SOLVED]

Postby supermalparit » Wed May 08, 2013 10:56 am

Solved on v14! Still testing but seems ok. It seems that if the "to buy" column (left column) is empty, after the townies haul an item to the caravan the caravan decides to leave. This also happned at random when the caravan just arrives. :O
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Re: Getting shorted on trades [SOLVED]

Postby mudslinger » Wed May 08, 2013 12:22 pm

cool, will try that out when the update filters through.

I been thinking about the trading system - has there been any consideration to set any autoselling feature?
Like say my townies are efficient at producing lots of particular resources - in addition to the manual build on request and the minimum autobuild options when managing resources - maybe the trading window could have an option to sell everything above set quantities of stock on hand?

For example:
my townies are efficient at chopping up lots of bamboo - so I set them to keep a minimum of 100 bamboo in stock automatically for building and selling.
in the merchant interface I could set the autosell to all of it except for 20 units of bamboo.
When the merchant shows up you can keep a townie or two assigned to provide him the supplies while the merchant is there. (this may help with building up funding for getting some of the bigger priced fancy items)
If the merchant has brought items to sell to you - you can be either prompted to choose upon arrival - or you can open up the buy menu at any time and purchase while the merchant is hanging around collecting supplies off your townies.
The merchant runs away when they have auto-bought what they can afford or if they haven't received goods for a set idle time.
mudslinger

Return to Solved