Low Cooking Fires [DUPLICATED, SOLVED]

Re: Low Cooking Fires

Postby Skyrik » Sat May 18, 2013 7:43 am

I, as well, am running 13a and have tested many different things, it seems to be with townies not recognizing low cooking fire as an auto-production item, you CAN produce it by clicking it up 1, they will re-light the fire, but THEN they wont cook on it until you place a new cooking fire... in which the townies will just pick up and move that cooking fire as if it was a loose item in storage.
Skyrik

Postby Tesana » Sat May 18, 2013 2:38 pm

madpainter wrote:
supermalparit wrote:A question to all of you. Are you playing an "old" game or a fresh v13a one?
In other words, that fires that doesn't renew are already built fires when the game was v12 (or v11, v10...)?

Fresh Map (13a)
It seems to behave as if the fire gets renewed the first time but isn't placed properly (like the red X items but with normal graphics) then the second time it gets low is when the issue becomes apparent.
The numbers on the left don't move automatically at all. Its as if there is no fire. I'd expect it to at least "blink" if it was trying and being blocked by something.(I'm sure I've seen it blink other times when I try and autoproduce something that gets interrupted)
As I said before when I build the fire outside of the kitchen zone it seems to work normally.
I think the mod thing may not have anything to do with it, but as I was tinkering at the time I noticed it I jumped to conclusions.

I have also found that if I try to create a new fire it will use a fire from inside my kitchen (moving the fire to the new location, rather than creating a new one), and when I move the fires out of the kitchen, I don't have any problems with the fire going out.

I'm not 100% sure that it is a 13a game, but it is definitely v13
Tesana

Postby Reyito » Sun May 26, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm in a fresh game myself, and fires are not being maintained.... and my townies are just lounging, so I know it's not falling off the queue.
Reyito

Postby burningpet » Sun May 26, 2013 9:15 pm

you have it in the automatic queue?
burningpet

Postby Reyito » Sun May 26, 2013 9:28 pm

yessir.
Reyito

Postby CabbageFoot » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:12 pm

+1 same issue as described above. low fires not being maintained
CabbageFoot

Postby Scarab » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Having the cooking fires inside the kitchen zone appears to be the issue. Creating the cooking fire outdoors will resolve this issue and the issue concerning cooked meats.

Is your cooking fire placed in the kitchen zone?
Have you moved your cooking fire outdoors?
Do you still have an issue with cooked meats or renewing the low cooking fire?
Scarab

Re: Low Cooking Fires [DUPLICATED, SOLVED]

Postby supermalparit » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Seems related to other posts, a problem regarding multi-bench actions (the ones that can use either a stove, a fire or a low cooking fire).

Solved in the next build, thanks

http://www.townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9740&start=10
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Previous

Return to Solved