Low Cooking Fires [DUPLICATED, SOLVED]

Low Cooking Fires [DUPLICATED, SOLVED]

Postby Skyrik » Wed May 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Found out then when a Cooking Fire goes to Low Cooking Fire, townies will stop cooking on them, and you can't use 'set minimum amount' to relight the fires, on top of that, townies wont use re-lit Cooking Fires, unless you place a new one... In which they will just move the re-lit fire as if it was a stockpiled item just sitting on the ground.

I'm running the game on pathfinding set at 6 and speed at 5

*Edit* this is version 13a
Last edited by Skyrik on Wed May 01, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyrik

Re: Low Cooking Fires

Postby Niranufoti » Wed May 01, 2013 7:28 pm

In v12 automatic re-lighting worked :? Don't know about v13 though.
Niranufoti

Postby madpainter » Fri May 03, 2013 12:00 am

I'm having this issue if I attempt to mod the fires in any way.
Removing the mod and rebuilding the fires seems to fix it.
For now I'll avoid modding the fires at all and see if the problem crops up again.

Edit ------still getting buggy bonfires but building them outside of the kitchen seems to fix it.
madpainter

Postby animalol » Mon May 06, 2013 12:29 am

I cannot get my guys to keep fire lit using autoproduction since the patch. The fires are placed in the kitchen, I'l try setting some outside and see if that helps.
animalol

Postby Tesana » Wed May 15, 2013 4:52 am

I am also having trouble with the cooking fires. I run no mods.

My fire is in the kitchen, and setting the auto production doesn't work. I have to set the manual setting (the number on the left) on the Renew Fire task in order to get the fire rebuilt.

This is really annoying b/c I have to basically sit and watch the fire, to make sure it doesn't go out before I have a chance to set the Renew Fire.
Tesana

Postby supermalparit » Wed May 15, 2013 10:38 am

A question to all of you. Are you playing an "old" game or a fresh v13a one?
In other words, that fires that doesn't renew are already built fires when the game was v12 (or v11, v10...)?
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby animalol » Wed May 15, 2013 12:26 pm

I have a theory, maybe...

Could it be that the cooking fire cannot be renewed as when the townie goes to do the task, the fire is in use cooking so the job gets delayed, eventually long enough for the fire to go out?
animalol

Postby supermalparit » Wed May 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Hmmm, it can be that, yes
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby madpainter » Thu May 16, 2013 6:25 pm

supermalparit wrote:A question to all of you. Are you playing an "old" game or a fresh v13a one?
In other words, that fires that doesn't renew are already built fires when the game was v12 (or v11, v10...)?

Fresh Map (13a)
It seems to behave as if the fire gets renewed the first time but isn't placed properly (like the red X items but with normal graphics) then the second time it gets low is when the issue becomes apparent.
The numbers on the left don't move automatically at all. Its as if there is no fire. I'd expect it to at least "blink" if it was trying and being blocked by something.(I'm sure I've seen it blink other times when I try and autoproduce something that gets interrupted)
As I said before when I build the fire outside of the kitchen zone it seems to work normally.
I think the mod thing may not have anything to do with it, but as I was tinkering at the time I noticed it I jumped to conclusions.
madpainter

Postby Locklave » Thu May 16, 2013 7:18 pm

I have no mods and low cooking fires simply aren't being maintained. Fire is about to burn out wood is available and they if no other tasks are available they will do nothing.

This is a major issue and needs a hotfix.
Locklave

Next

Return to Solved