[Achievement]!!!Aim for maximum amount of civilians!!!

Show us your creations and tactics!

Re: [Achievement]!!!Aim for maximum amount of civilians!!!

Postby mandude81 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:28 pm

i left my game afk too long and got to 64 without trying. wasent prepared forit and my food supplies were droping. i have an exxses supply though so i was able to recover but my came runs verry slow now.
mandude81

Postby danielzaiser91 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:00 am

if your game runs slow, try this:

look if your game still runs slow if you order to chop down trees! (like 20 trees)

I had that too, what helped me: kill cows/pigs/clear dungeon (also kill townies will help, but not recommended)
danielzaiser91

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:56 am

I have 125 Population

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X_8_JNH ... e=youtu.be

You'll need my mod pack installed to play/view my save game you can read about it and d/load it viewtopic.php?f=13&t=591
here is the save file http://www.mediafire.com/?muzdcvz8u8oyxvf
BlueSteelAUS

Postby danielzaiser91 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:30 am

cameronarnott wrote:I have 125 Population

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X_8_JNH ... e=youtu.be

You'll need my mod pack installed to play/view my save game you can read about it and d/load it viewtopic.php?f=13&t=591
here is the save file http://www.mediafire.com/?muzdcvz8u8oyxvf

Good job!
And thanks for the pic you send me, you actually reached 133

pic: http://www10.pic-upload.de/05.02.12/7qu36lnm9944.png

good job @ bluesteel
danielzaiser91

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:32 am

yeah approx 145 Ogres brought an end to me
BlueSteelAUS

Postby Nuxohiz » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:50 pm

danielzaiser91 wrote:wow quite a wall of text mister, so you are saying its easy to get 200? or even 500?
then tell me how much do you have? :)

I sensed some disbelieve, so I felt it to be necessary to prove that 200 pop is a piece of cake and only requires some in game time:

I played till 141 pop. After that I built personal rooms till I had 200 of them. After that I was running towns at the background while doing other stuff till I had 169 and equipped some of the 28 new civilians. Then I took a nap and when I woke up I had 200 citizens and a stone golem siege that can't be defeated. If I had more than 200 personal rooms I could have more citizens and I might had the 200 citizens before 3/6/1 already, but that's something I can never know since I was sleeping.

Notes:
- Since I had 136 pop I didn't build any more farms, so in terms of food production 200+ people is a piece of cake. Especially since my location isn't perfect for food and the wheat fields could be replaced by pig farms if it would be needed to switch completely to cooked meat (the main dish is still meat pie I believe).
- At 125 pop I fought a big vampire siege, a small vampire siege and a tiny snickerblade siege. After that I avoid the berserker troll and the ogre sieges with back ups since I didn't had the time for it and the berserker troll siege would have kicked my ass for sure. The ogre one might as well and if not my population would have been greatly reduced.

Save file of 200 pop + stone golem siege:
http://www.mediafire.com/?b44r07fe1gkk3qq

File with 169 pop of which ~20 are unequipped (not because lack of armors, but I want the townies with a nice amount of hp to have good equipment, the ones with low hp the worst iron equipment and those in between intermediate equipment and I didn't had the time yet to gear them up good enough):
http://www.mediafire.com/?85gpdbrwcvycdgl
burningpet wrote:Well good sir, you have just been awarded an item painted after you, "The Golden Statue of Nux, Father of all kings".
Nuxohiz

Postby burningpet » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Well good sir, you have just been awarded an item painted after you, "The Golden Statue of Nux, Father of all kings".

(you may use it as your avatar)

burningpet

Postby FungusTrooper » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Good job Nux, Father of all Kings (and 200 dead townsfolk!).
Come visit the Towns Wiki!
INFORMATION AT YOUR FINGERTIPS !!!
FungusTrooper

Postby Nuxohiz » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:59 pm

burningpet wrote:Well good sir, you have just been awarded an item painted after you, "The Golden Statue of Nux, Father of all kings".

Thanks, I feel flattered. Do I also see a spoiler of the 0.41 update here? ;)
A nice decoration item and an usage of the rare and much desired metal called aurum (gold).

This gives me a new goal:
loading the 169 population save file when I have time and going for an even bigger population where everyone is equipped. At a population of 250 I will open my second village and try the double village method. The tiny island at the west in combination of the bridges and doors will allow me to control where the immigrants can walk to and where the siege can go to (when it's not an impossible to beat). I only need some extra doors and walls in the underground layer so I can also decide which town can use the mine shafts and raid the dungeons and which can't.

Deforestation at the south, here I come!
Nuxohiz

Postby Crisamie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:50 am

I got to 123 citizens and got wiped out by stone golems. I saved right before the siege event so I reloaded then the next seige was lusty ogres or trolls, I can't remember for sure, again everyone died. How do you survive these seiges? I'm getting discouraged when I work so hard to get a good population/food supply/resources/weapons and armor, only to continually be wiped out by these seiges. Honestly I don't know if I want to keep playing right now.
Crisamie

PreviousNext

Return to Screens & tips