Towns panorama

Show us your creations and tactics!

Re: Towns panorama

Postby Erusame » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Sweet, bet that would make an awesome poster for the house... Very inspirational... Maybe throw in a caption at the bottom, 'Town's, 60+ hours to make something beautiful, 1 siege to make it dead...'
Erusame

Postby City Builder » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:37 am

Wow, I'm surprised at how well that printed up. It's so strange (in a good way) to see the Towns map all blown up so large, it looks absolutely amazing.
City Builder

Postby Jon_jon13 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:47 am

It's really amazing, I hope to see some entry from you on the (I hope soon) next build contest :P You really have talent!
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby grmain » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:03 am

City Builder wrote:Wow, I'm surprised at how well that printed up. It's so strange (in a good way) to see the Towns map all blown up so large, it looks absolutely amazing.

I knew my girlfriend would never accept this as a decoration in the living room, still I couldn't help from printing it large, because it's strange, as you said it.
Fun fact : my girlfriend laughed at me when I showed her up the print. She was like "Oh god, you're such a nerd... well... *looking closely at it*... eventually behind the couch in the living room, it would look nice".

Jon_jon13 wrote:It's really amazing, I hope to see some entry from you on the (I hope soon) next build contest :P You really have talent!

Well, thank you! But I've always enjoyed an exercise when there was no official challenge. You know, the pressure, self-confidence, etc. I'm really happy some people here enjoyed the pic but going further will scare me for sure and I know I'll make sh**. Consider you've seen a shy little boy showing his work to the classroom and going back home, hopping because it had some success :lol:
grmain

Postby Jon_jon13 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Trust me, give it a try, you have nothing to lose. Even when you don't win anything it's still pretty fun to try to build something and put your personal touch on the build, then see what others came up with, etc.
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby RomanLegacy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Yeah, this forum needs more pictures of anything towns related. I want to see what people are building! Don't worry about failure!
RomanLegacy

Postby grmain » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Well, you may be right. How do they work? Themes? Technical constraints? Harsh deadlines?
grmain

Postby EnvizionRev » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:09 pm

I might can answer that one. ;) the contests were initially one week long based on different themes, like best graveyard, best castle, etc. There was a week deadline for each but it could have been extended a day or two if really needed. I think we did extend it once or twice. After a break with the release of .50 we had the MEGA contest, a 4 week long build anything multistory contest. We had a great turnout and a great time. :) as far as a link to the weekly contests I'm at work so maybe someone else can link it. :)

Now, the big question... When's the next contest?...

Not yet. Burningpet is going out on his honeymoon soon/already has and will be out for a few weeks. Woo go Ben! :D When he comes back, we'll see about the next contest or contest series. In the mean time, continue building, keep practicing, be creative and combine different walls and designs, and watch my lets play series on YouTube. :)
-- Envizion Revelations, Towns Moderator
EnvizionRev

Postby RomanLegacy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Maybee we could start a screen shots thread, like "what are you working on?" so you could just drop in a quick picture of a house you were working on or something.
RomanLegacy

Postby YetiChow » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:35 am

RomanLegacy wrote:Yeah, this forum needs more pictures of anything towns related. I want to see what people are building! Don't worry about failure!

I agree with everything except the last sentence, only because you dropped the (other) f-bomb. There's no such thing as that word in the weekly build contests - every entry is a worthwhile entry. Even if they don't get any votes (several of my entries have been in that category, and I'm unahsamed to admit it becuase the other entries those weeks were awesome), people will still see them and admire them and be inspired by them.

There is literally no risk involved in entering, and the rewards are great and ongoing (you really can't imagine how nice it is to see something you came up with in the vanilla game). Have a go, and keep having goes because everyone eventually gets something :D
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

PreviousNext

Return to Screens & tips