Towns 0.50 Getting started Mini guides

Show us your creations and tactics!

Towns 0.50 Getting started Mini guides

Postby burningpet » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:48 pm

Hey there, i have a created four Mini guides aimed at getting started with the new "3d" system.

How the camera works in 0.50a
http://www.townsgame.com/images/050/Tow ... aguide.jpg
Image

How Digging/Mining works in 0.50a
http://www.townsgame.com/images/050/Tow ... gguide.jpg
Image

How building works in 0.50a
http://www.townsgame.com/images/050/tow ... gguide.jpg
Image

How digging toward below surface works in 0.50a
http://www.townsgame.com/images/050/tow ... nguide.jpg
Image
User avatar
burningpet
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Towns 0.50 Getting started Mini guides

Postby Buster10 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Good guides, but you could expand the building one. It might work for the first layer, but the townies need a place to stand, so you'll need to alternate with the blocks, and the drop some from above.
Buster10
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Re: Towns 0.50 Getting started Mini guides

Postby caprontos » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Buster10 wrote:Good guides, but you could expand the building one. It might work for the first layer, but the townies need a place to stand, so you'll need to alternate with the blocks, and the drop some from above.


Actually they changed it for .50a :P now we can build up or down a single layer so now you can build down in to a hole.. so 99% of the time playing out a whole layer will work. If one messes up and gets an X just reorder it to be placed and they will :P
Image
Cha Cha Cha!
User avatar
caprontos
 
Posts: 3930
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:18 am

Re: Towns 0.50 Getting started Mini guides

Postby Buster10 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:05 pm

caprontos wrote:
Buster10 wrote:Good guides, but you could expand the building one. It might work for the first layer, but the townies need a place to stand, so you'll need to alternate with the blocks, and the drop some from above.


Actually they changed it for .50a :P now we can build up or down a single layer so now you can build down in to a hole.. so 99% of the time playing out a whole layer will work. If one messes up and gets an X just reorder it to be placed and they will :P

I love you, love you, love love love love you!
Buster10
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Re: Towns 0.50 Getting started Mini guides

Postby caprontos » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:19 am

Buster10 wrote:
caprontos wrote:
Buster10 wrote:Good guides, but you could expand the building one. It might work for the first layer, but the townies need a place to stand, so you'll need to alternate with the blocks, and the drop some from above.


Actually they changed it for .50a :P now we can build up or down a single layer so now you can build down in to a hole.. so 99% of the time playing out a whole layer will work. If one messes up and gets an X just reorder it to be placed and they will :P

I love you, love you, love love love love you!


Don't love me... Love supermalparit! He codes us this amazingness :P
Image
Cha Cha Cha!
User avatar
caprontos
 
Posts: 3930
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:18 am

Re: Towns 0.50 Getting started Mini guides

Postby Jon_jon13 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:45 am

That's a really simple and understandable guide, to be honest. Haven't played yet, but this seems like it will help a lot. Also, the grid option seems pretty useful now, btw. I guess I'll have it on almost always i'm building something XD

Mini-note: being daltonic I can't find a difference in color between mining and digging :roll:
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
User avatar
Jon_jon13
 
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 11:19 am

Re: Towns 0.50 Getting started Mini guides

Postby burningpet » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:20 am

Jon_jon13 wrote:That's a really simple and understandable guide, to be honest. Haven't played yet, but this seems like it will help a lot. Also, the grid option seems pretty useful now, btw. I guess I'll have it on almost always i'm building something XD

Mini-note: being daltonic I can't find a difference in color between mining and digging :roll:


What do you suggest we change it to? maybe having an image on top? an icon?

Edit: something like this:
Image
User avatar
burningpet
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Towns 0.50 Getting started Mini guides

Postby Jon_jon13 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:47 am

Well, that would be really cool, but not needed anyway. I'm used to work around these kinds of problems, as 99% of daltonics should be anyway XD This is not a game based in colours, don't' worry about this kind of minor problems.

I can already tell if i'm mining or digging through the icon on the top-left side (if you haven't removed it in .50, though i can't see a reason for that)

I just meant it in a curious note, I may have never noticed that it was different colours if you haven't posted it XD
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
User avatar
Jon_jon13
 
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 11:19 am

Re: Towns 0.50 Getting started Mini guides

Postby zeldazonk7 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Thank you for posting this! :D
zeldazonk7
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:01 am

Re: Towns 0.50 Getting started Mini guides

Postby leeevog » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:12 am

For the building the house part...could you use walls as well? Just regular wooden plank walls?
I have a Sheep, doing roofing at my house. Come and drop in, we'll put on Zepplin and have cheddar cheese.
User avatar
leeevog
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:49 am
Location: In the Universe, somewhere...

Next

Return to Screens & tips

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron