New happiness system details..

Show us your creations and tactics!

New happiness system details..

Postby caprontos » Wed May 01, 2013 4:49 am

--------How it works... more or less...--------
A bit of explanation on how it works... its a bit of a change off the old system which was idle = happiness... and is a bit harder to manage (but not that hard once you set up to work with it..)..

Townies now have two new invisible stats.... A work counter and a Idle counter..

As a townie works (everything is work except sleeping - eating - and idleing) their work counter goes down and their idle counter up.

As a townie idles (or eats or sleeps) his idle counter goes down and work counter goes up.

If either counter is at 0 they will lose happiness.. Consider 0 to mean the townie is fatigued or bored.

So if you over work them they get unhappy.. and if they are left to idle to long they also get unhappy.. so to grow happiness you need to work out a good ratio of work and idle..

Guards are not factored in at all..

Also these reset to full (I believe it is) when they wake up..

Happiness also plays in to how quickly your townies do tasks.. The lower there happiness the slower they work likewise.. higher happiness means they work faster..

Townies also do not receive any happiness bonuses from items in los if there work or idle counter is at 0 (losing happiness)..

Townies lose 5 happiness every hour they are hungry.

Townies do not lose happiness when sleeping even if the counters are at 0.. (unless hungry in v13/a).

Per usual if you have any questions fill free to ask..

--------Less important stuffs--------
I can't really give any ratios atm... but if you play with your groups a bit you can find some happy-medium that you can work with to grow happiness..

Something to consider is diversifying your food so they eat multiple types of food.. and so get multiple happiness bonuses.. This seems to play a bigger role in this system then it did before..

As example..
I have 40 townies + 6 heroes and I produce ...
50 bread as the main food source..

4 apple and 4 pear pies for mixed... I have 4 apple and 4 pear trees.. so pies are only made when these max age

3 of each meat (cow - chicken - pig - badger) for meat type.. I have 3 farms for each animal.. and they are butchered and cooked as they are produced..

2 cactus soups for the drink type.. I have 5 cactus plants and 1 well..

1 fish and 1 cake always being made as quickly as they can for more meat + the cake type..

This gives my townies 5 food groups .. Baked - Meat - Mixed - Drink - Cake...

Since I only produce the extras sometimes and they all have higher food value then bread they are all eaten before bread.. and bread is eaten when nothing else is available.. This gives pretty decent coverage (3 + fulfilled per townie)..

On top of that the usual putting higher happiness items in to high traffic areas to also help boost happiness..

For now that's all you can do to help pad happiness.. but we might get more ways later.. (I have suggested several ideas already that I thought would help with this system)..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Re: New happiness system details..

Postby caprontos » Wed May 01, 2013 4:49 am

--------For modding..--------
Just incase people want to edit this..
If you want to mod the time it takes for them to get bored or tired.. you just change these tags in livingenties.xml:

Code: Select all
      <workCounterPCT>1d3+28</workCounterPCT>
      <idleCounterPCT>1d3+23</idleCounterPCT>

The higher these numbers the higher your counter.. If you make it..

Code: Select all
      <workCounterPCT>100</workCounterPCT>
      <idleCounterPCT>100</idleCounterPCT>

Then there counters will = their sleep and eating counters.. I forget which off hand but one goes off the sleep and one off the eat timers.. so every townie is different..

For example lets say a townies sleep counter is 2000... and you have it at default he will get a work timer of 580 - 620 turns..

If you changed it to 100 they would have 2000.. I do not know if you can go over 100% but I assume you can...

Basically.. higher percent = longer they can go with out with out losing happiness..

-If you want to mod it and aren't sure how to make a ingame modloader version I can help.. but it isn't hard to do..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby Badger » Wed May 01, 2013 5:24 am

I seem to be keeping an average of between 30-40 the way I have things set up atm.
Badger

Postby caprontos » Thu May 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Badger wrote:I seem to be keeping an average of between 30-40 the way I have things set up atm.

maybe now they are all at 90+?:P

also added a few extra bits I forgot/didn't know..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby Jon_jon13 » Thu May 02, 2013 5:31 pm

Just to make it clear, Soldiers don't take part in the immigration, or their happiness just doesn't change regarding the idle-work stats?
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby caprontos » Thu May 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Jon_jon13 wrote:Just to make it clear, Soldiers don't take part in the immigration, or their happiness just doesn't change regarding the idle-work stats?

That have 0 role in average happiness/immigration. Say you have 40 people... 15 are at 100 happiness and the rest think you should go away.. - if you turn everyone but those 15 in to soldiers your average happiness will be 100.. and you can get new people.. and there opinions mean nothing anymore.. *totally not trying to hint at a loophole..*
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Return to Screens & tips