Ranged weapons

Post your mods and custom content here

Ranged weapons

Postby bvierra » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:47 pm

It's me again :)

Been playing with some new weapons and had some questions on Ranged weapons.

LOS, is that the farthest that the target can be away from the attacker?

What happens after the rangedCharges is depleted? For example, I see the spiderbow uses woodenarrow's. There is an item for woodenarrow, however there is no action for it so I have no idea how they get created :)
--bvierra

Towns Wiki: http://www.townswiki.com
bvierra

Re: Ranged weapons

Postby SphaZ » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:18 am

When the ranged charges are gone, the bow "breaks" and is destroyed. As for LOS though I am not 100% sure, I haven't worked with ranged weapons much yet. I would assume that it has to do with chance to hit for ranged weapons.

Ranged attacks at the moment are not influenced by the type of arrow, but by the bow. Once we are a bit further along with the game we will have another look at ranged attacks.
SphaZ

Postby supermalparit » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:28 am

The LOS (Line of Sight) is how far away a citizen (or enemy/animal/...) can see.

The <LOS> tag on a weapon is a value that is added to the citizen (or enemy) LOS.

About the damage with ranged weapons, at max LOS the damage is 100%, if you are close (1 cell) to the enemy, the damage is 20% (the damage decreases gradually at each cell)
Xavi Canal
supermalparit
Towns team

Postby SphaZ » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:26 am

supermalparit wrote:The LOS (Line of Sight) is how far away a citizen (or enemy/animal/...) can see.

The <LOS> tag on a weapon is a value that is added to the citizen (or enemy) LOS.

About the damage with ranged weapons, at max LOS the damage is 100%, if you are close (1 cell) to the enemy, the damage is 20% (the damage decreases gradually at each cell)

I stand corrected :)
SphaZ

Return to Modding