[MM][1.04][v8a] Fishing Mod v4.0

Post here your released mods

[MM][1.04][v8a] Fishing Mod v4.0

Postby ericb1800 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:41 pm

NEW POST: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8413

Fishing Mod
Mod Manager Intended to be used for installation... Available Here
Description: The mod adds 2 different types of fishing for 3 new types of fish plus the rawfish already in the game. Also added fish storage, a fish boat caravan and food dishes.

Download Link
Fishing Mod v4.0

v4.0 Changes
1. Fishing Spots have been changed to shoreline.
2. Shoreline now consists of all grass,sand,gravel,snow,dirt and jungle within 1 square of rivers or lakes.
3. Added fishing maps for all default maps.

v3.0 Changes
1. Caravan Options have turned into a brand new Fish Boat Caravan.

v2.0 Changes
Description: The mod adds 2 different types of fishing for 3 new types of fish plus the fish already in the game, as well as storage and food dishes.
1. Adds a change in the terrain making file for a map to select and change a low amount of tiles next to water as Prime Fishing Spots(upped to 20% for this release from 10% in version 1).
2. You then must build a fishing chair or fishing net from the utilities menu on the right to build on these spots to allow fishing.
3. All Raw Fish are also now stored in a nice Storage Rack with its own stockpile.
4. New Type added for rawfish when creating the storage rack so the new type is also added to the Raw Food Materials Panel to keep track of how many raw fish you have.
5. Multiple new food options have also been added.
6. Caravan Options also added.
Fishing Chair Information
1. You can select what type and how many fish need to be caught from the production-butchering menu.
2. The different types of fish are caught using bait(apples,pears,bananas) - 1 per fish.
3. This allows a trade off for higher quality foods and also allows future modding of more fish and baits.
Fishing Net Information
1. Once the Fishing Net is placed it will go through growing stages based on how many fish are currently in the net.
2. The time per stage is on a dice roll of 1d1440+720 and will probably be changed later based on testing.
3. The number of fish per stage of net is as follows: Stage 1(Empty) - 0 Fish, Stage 1 - 1 Raw Fish, Stage 2 - 2 Raw Fish, Stage 3 - 2 Raw Fish & 1 Salmon, Stage 4 - 2 Raw Fish & 1 Salmon & 1 Bass, Stage 5(Full) - 2 Raw Fish & 1 Salmon & 1 Bass & 1 Catfish.
4. The Fishing Nets are harvestable during any stage through the right click menu for each net or the Harvest button in the bottom menu to get all fish in the nets.
5. The Fishing Nets also offer a quick harvest through the production menu for the general Raw Fish. It will only produce 1 Raw Fish per net when using this menu(Could be set to wait until net is full in the future but adding all stages would clutter the menu).

If there are any issues let me know and I will correct them. Also want to thank Jon_jon13 for the spanish translations(some new ones always needed), 8BitHazey for graphics help, Atoning Unifex for the great Mod Manager & JackPS9 for the game support. It is all greatly appreciated!
Last edited by ericb1800 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ericb1800

Re: [DIY][0.60a] Fishing Mod v2.0

Postby JackPS9 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:25 pm

You really should look into making this for Mod Manager instead of DIY.
Anyways, it is looking GOOD!
Will have to test this new version out later.
JackPS9

Postby City Builder » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:32 pm

JackPS9 wrote:You really should look into making this for Mod Manager instead of DIY.
Anyways, it is looking GOOD!
Will have to test this new version out later.

For once I agree with making a mod Mod Manager capable.
Not too many people are going to want to do all that hand editing.

.. It reminds me of the forum mods that I apply to one of my forums, when the forum software is newer than the mod we have the capabilities to parse the mod at the forums software site and then it tells us (like the OP has shown us) what we need to add, what we need to change or what we need to remove and or replace and quite honestly... When the list is really long I have given up the desire to apply the mod manually. Maybe it's just me because I've applied so many forum mods to my web sites over the years using this manual process that I no longer have the desire to do large hand edits. Anyway, I'd likely use this if it were able to use Mod Manager instead of all the hand editing.
City Builder

Postby ericb1800 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Thats funny because I was thinking the same thing when I was making the post. I have no clue how to make a mod for the mod manager so anyone that feels up to it can go for it...
ericb1800

Postby JackPS9 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:31 pm

ericb1800 wrote:Thats funny because I was thinking the same thing when I was making the post. I have no clue how to make a mod for the mod manager so anyone that feels up to it can go for it...

Its easy enough that I'm making my first program in C# which will make a Mod Manager MOD for you :)
You just have to fill out the info.

Okay now for helping with Mod Manager.
1) Items.xml
No changes required
2) Anything to do with menus, just place them in the tags for that menu (I'll get more in depth once I get back)
JackPS9

Postby smithforge » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:51 pm

Using mod manager is almost the same as what you put into the DIY code boxes except that you put them in xml files of the corresponding file names, once you get rid of the summarized shortcuts like what Jack mentioned (e.g. instead of saying "do XXX for the n items", put down all the n items in full). I actually learnt how to use it without reading any tutorials just bu following common sense and instincts. But there is a Test Mod included (I discovered it AFTER I learn Mod Manager basics) with a skeleton and adequate documentations with examples on how to mod each xml file.

Basically, I think you just have to download it and actually give it a try to see how little effort it takes. AU has done an amazing job providing a tool that makes mod management AND porting mods to new game versions so much easier.

just spend 5 minutes trying. If you can't pick it up in 3 min, you can forget all I post and call me a liar ;)
smithforge

Postby 8BitHazey » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Glad you like the new images I made for you eric, they look fantastic. I will see If I can clean up the rest. I will draw you a new fishing chair tonight when I get off work.
8BitHazey

Postby ericb1800 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:29 am

OK I have the Mod Manager version probably 90% done and I have ran into a couple issues...

When setting it up to edit the Harvest button in menu.xml, will this cause an issue with other mods?

How do I go about the caravans file? Should I leave it as a manual change for each of the buy sections?

And the main issue is how do I go about getting it to change the gen_map.xml file in the campaigns folders? Whenever I do changes like the rest of the files, I get an error when installing. After a little more testing, I can add new campaign maps but it will not let me edit any currently existing files in the campaigns folder...
ericb1800

Postby ericb1800 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Any ideas on how to fix the campaign issue for modloader so I dont have to create a new map? I mean I can just add another campaign map like the normal one but then thats the only map you would have fishing on... I just dont like that idea... Cant figure out why these files are treated different than the rest...
ericb1800

Postby smithforge » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:06 pm

I have not tried the map part of the Mod Manager, but I think the fastest way is to get help from AU by posting the problem (and possibly request) in the Mod Manager thread here. The map part is less modded and thus less feedback/reports. Whatever problems you discover will def help MM development.
smithforge

Next

Return to Released mods