Towns Overhauled 0.81

Post your mods and custom content here

Towns Overhauled 0.81

Postby JackPS9 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:40 pm

Okay guys this is Towns Overhauled.
It is more tech tree based then vanilla Towns.
Thanks to:
smithforge: On his tutorial on how to create multiple items, also for the images that are being used for the wooden boards.
Atoning Unifex: Suggestion on Priorities changed to fix Townies actions better.

Video Preview

Download

How to install:
1) Copy Towns folder (Place where ever you want and make sure you copy over EVERYTHING!), rename to "Towns Overhauled"
2) Place .zip file in new Towns Overhauled folder.
3) Extract, overwrite everything that is needed.
4) Run Towns.exe in "Towns Overhauled" directory
5) Enjoy!

Thought you guys, may enjoy knowing this info.
Build Info

Ages: (Can't think of better names)
Flint Age (Quick to go through)
Wood Age
Stone Age
Iron Age

First item of any new age: These items take a TON of time to make the first one, after that it is pretty quick.
Wood Age: Carpentry Bench
Stone Age: Wood Detailer/Mason Bench
Iron Age: Smelter/Anvil

Item(s) that still take a ton of time to create
ITE Smithy


Some changes from Vanilla Towns
New priorities: Container Construction, Burning, Decorative Construction, Furniture Construction, Workbench Construction, Military Construction
Changed Priorities: foodmaking (Also for Butchering), terrainchangeManual (Manual tree chopping), terrainchangeAuto(Auto tree chopping), gatheringharvestingAuto(Auto Gathering), gatheringharvestingManual(Manual Gathering)
4 Chopping levels: No Axe, Basic Axe, Stone Axe, Iron Axe.
The better the axe the faster the chop speed.

Farms now require 2 animals
Cow Farm: Cow, and Bull
Pig Farm: Pig, and Boar
Chicken Farm: Chicken, and Rooster
(I don't know if skootenbeeten, unifallow, Badger have a second one being a different gender so just require 2)

Wood is cut into 4 boards(Axe requires 4 wood, and carpentrybench requires 2 wood) to make boards.

Few new equipment
Boots of Minor Haste, Boots of Greater Haste
New Suffix "of Haste" (So yes can build a pure Haste set)

Stuff to still change:
Mining stone into stone chucks to be chiseled/hammered into stone bricks.
And most crafting recipes still have to be changed still.
None axe chopping to get branchs.
Still need images for Pickaxes(For when I get around to the mining section)
Better images of the Flint, Stone, and Iron Axes

Priorities ID changes still
Harvesting Auto/Manual
Military Construction
Workbench Construction
Decorative Construction

Rearrange Items in the Items.xml based on priority type and Tech Level
Totaly change the Left and Right menus to to sort by age, and add Tech Upgrades.


Version 0.81 - 10/12/2012
Purely menu changes, back to the old Towns menu but Utilities section is split between upgrades and the normal Utilities


Version 0.80 - 10/10/2012
--Ores now mined then smelted into Bars
--Flour Production MOD added in
--Tree selection bug fixed
===============================
--Menus still need some works
--Need to change actions to make the buildings
--Still need to edit all the deco items


Version (Preview) - 10/09/2012
--Released to show how the menus are setup.
--Still needs a ton of work.

Changes since
Military Sections placed in correct ages in production menu
Trying to fix tree bug.
Last edited by JackPS9 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 11 times in total.
JackPS9
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Re: Towns Overhauled (Not Yet complete)

Postby Stechi » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:58 pm

JackPS9 wrote:Farms now require 2 animals
Cow Farm: Cow, and Bull
Pig Farm: Pig, and Bull
Chicken Farm: Chicken, and Rooster


I think you meant Boar, dont you?

But sonunds great,
can't wait to test it.^^

Greets
Stechi
Stechi
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Towns Overhauled (Not Yet complete)

Postby JackPS9 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Stechi wrote:
JackPS9 wrote:Farms now require 2 animals
Cow Farm: Cow, and Bull
Pig Farm: Pig, and Bull
Chicken Farm: Chicken, and Rooster


I think you meant Boar, dont you?

But sonunds great,
can't wait to test it.^^

Greets
Stechi


XD yeah its suppose to say Boar, thanks for pointing that out.
JackPS9
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Re: Towns Overhauled (Not Yet complete)

Postby Atoning Unifex » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:03 pm

If you want to use my quarrying mod for the stone mining thing go ahead.

I also think you should overhaul priorities to give better control over townie activities. I created one a while ago which has:

Gathering and harvesting (auto)
Gathering and harvesting (manual)
Mine and dig
Chopping (auto)
Tilling and chopping (manual)
Wall construction
Military Construction
Haul
Workbench Construction
Furniture Construction
Decorative Construction
Foodmaking
Burning
Container construction

Note that the difference between manual and auto is the difference between you choosing to chop trees from the menu or it being an auto production task. I found this worked really well as you could keep all the manual tasks at the start so townies always reacted to you quickly, then food and construction in whatever order you see fit.

Only problem was that it edited every item so i couldn;t install other mods easily, but if you're doing a full overhaul.....
Atoning Unifex
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Towns Overhauled (Not Yet complete)

Postby JackPS9 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Atoning Unifex wrote:Military Construction
Workbench Construction
Furniture Construction
Decorative Construction
Burning
Container construction


Burning is a easy thing to figure out, but what would the other stuff be?
Military, I'm guessing is armor/weapon creation
Workbench Construction would be what?
Furniture/Decorative construction aren't those the same?
Container construction is another easy thing to do.
JackPS9
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Re: Towns Overhauled (Not Yet complete)

Postby Atoning Unifex » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:05 am

JackPS9 wrote:Burning is a easy thing to figure out, but what would the other stuff be?
Military, I'm guessing is armor/weapon creation
Workbench Construction would be what?
Furniture/Decorative construction aren't those the same?
Container construction is another easy thing to do.


Sorry i assumed they were all fairly straightforward.

Military Construction - Weapons and armor, traps too
Workbench Construction - Construction of, er, workbenches! Anything to do with the creation of new workbenches, and tools, and other related stuff. If this is higher than other construction options then it's easy to add new workbenches halfway through heavy construction periods.
Furniture Construction - Specifically items in the furniture menu (windows ans stairs go into wall construction in my opinion tho)
Decorative Construction - Items in the decoration menu, excluding the badgers which i can't remember where i put!
Burning - Yep you know this one.
Container construction - Ditto.

Yes furniture and decoration is pretty similar. I think i kept them separate just because they have separate stockpiles and menus.... and once i'd gone through everything and changed it i didn't want to go back again!!

It was only my arbitrary list of priorities, so feel free to choose your own and what goes in them. I did have another idea that there could be priorities for each zone, although this seemed a bit messier to me.
Atoning Unifex
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Towns Overhauled (Not Yet complete)

Postby JackPS9 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:11 am

Atoning Unifex wrote:
JackPS9 wrote:Burning is a easy thing to figure out, but what would the other stuff be?
Military, I'm guessing is armor/weapon creation
Workbench Construction would be what?
Furniture/Decorative construction aren't those the same?
Container construction is another easy thing to do.


Sorry i assumed they were all fairly straightforward.

Military Construction - Weapons and armor, traps too
Workbench Construction - Construction of, er, workbenches! Anything to do with the creation of new workbenches, and tools, and other related stuff. If this is higher than other construction options then it's easy to add new workbenches halfway through heavy construction periods.
Furniture Construction - Specifically items in the furniture menu (windows ans stairs go into wall construction in my opinion tho)
Decorative Construction - Items in the decoration menu, excluding the badgers which i can't remember where i put!
Burning - Yep you know this one.
Container construction - Ditto.

Yes furniture and decoration is pretty similar. I think i kept them separate just because they have separate stockpiles and menus.... and once i'd gone through everything and changed it i didn't want to go back again!!

It was only my arbitrary list of priorities, so feel free to choose your own and what goes in them. I did have another idea that there could be priorities for each zone, although this seemed a bit messier to me.



Workbenchconstruction = the utilities
Furnitureconstruction = the furniture
Decorative = the deco items (not counting badgers, which I'll be putting under foodmaking/butcher seeing how it creates bones)
Wallconstruction = Walls/Doors/Windows

what would item construction stuff go under? or should I just leave item construction in?
JackPS9
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Re: Towns Overhauled (Not Yet complete)

Postby Jon_jon13 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:06 am

DO WANT. How much do we have to wait until this is uploaded as a mod? As always I can help with translations if needed be.
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
User avatar
Jon_jon13
 
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 11:19 am

Re: Towns Overhauled (Not Yet complete)

Postby JackPS9 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:47 am

Jon_jon13 wrote:DO WANT. How much do we have to wait until this is uploaded as a mod? As always I can help with translations if needed be.

Yes, I'll take the help with any translations on any new item. (Seeing how google translate never works....)
I still have to change all the priority IDs on the actions.

Real life comes first of course, mainly my girlfriend cause my family can go to stuffs. (Being nice) So that is slowing down the creation of the mod.
I have to change around all the upgrade items actions still.
I'm hoping to have a incomplete but half playable version by the end of the week. I"M HOPING!
JackPS9
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Re: Towns Overhauled (Not Yet complete)

Postby Atoning Unifex » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:15 pm

JackPS9 wrote:Workbenchconstruction = the utilities
Furnitureconstruction = the furniture
Decorative = the deco items (not counting badgers, which I'll be putting under foodmaking/butcher seeing how it creates bones)
Wallconstruction = Walls/Doors/Windows

what would item construction stuff go under? or should I just leave item construction in?


Yeah i never considerd workbenches just = utilities menu. I went through the items file and edited each one i came to so never really considered what menu it sat in.

I think with furniture and deco i made the distinction between stuff that gave happiness and stuff that didn't, actually, but i'm not certain. Oh and i just remembered, most, or all, of the vanity stuff i put into decoration too. Your call really!! Maybe go with a different split of having indoors and outdoors, or just combine them if you don't see any need for the two.

Foodmaking and butchering i combined as it seemed sensible to do so. Gathering is separate because that doesn't require a workbench - but you could combine that into food too i guess.

Item construction i got rid of. It's totally not descriptive, might have well as said "Stuff construction". I split out things to various other areas. Tongues, torches & bone carving knife went into workbench construction. The bottles & poison bottles went into military (to go alongside traps as that's whatthey are used for).

Burining i kept separate grudgingly. Seems a bit of a waste to have it in its own category but it can be time consuming if you have a lot to burn so was best left apart from everything else. Unless you combine it with hauling maybe?
Atoning Unifex
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 am

Next

Return to Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron