[ML 11.x][0.50b] Terrain Tiles by York

Post here your released mods

[ML 11.x][0.50b] Terrain Tiles by York

Postby York » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Terrain Tiles - by York

Terrain Tiles gives you the ability to convert your terrain from one tile to another, By creating a Gardening Zone and place a Gardening Bench you can easily use the new Till menu on the bottom bar or by right clicking a tile directly.

Examples:

New in Version 5 (Please redownload)

New Graphics!
Added new garden bench, and buckets! instead of your little folk heading off and using bushes, they will now go to a bush and pick seeds without destroying the bush, they will then head to the nearest garden bench and turn said seeds or raw resources into a bucket of dirt, bucket of grass, bucket of jungle (stuff) bucket of sand or a bucket of snow before happily heading off to the terrain to pour out its contents!

Within the Zones menu at the bottom, there is now a 'Gardening' zone that can be created, in addition within the utilities menu on the right, you will now find a Gardening Bench which can be placed within the new zone and is required in the process to convert terrain. So get building your Garden sheds! (or Greenhouses!)

The Till button opens a sub menu which gives access to all the new features, which includes the ability to select many tiles at once (please note, planting snow, jungle, grass or sand requires the tile(s) to be dirt first. Also please note the ui icons are placeholders until the next update, but they should suffice for now)

Features:

(All actions require the use of a Gardening Bench)
-Turn Grass, Stone, Sand, Gravel, Jungle and Snow into Dirt (Requires 1 mud)
-Turn Dirt into:
- Grass (Requires 1 bush/pine or mushroom bush to gather seeds from (wont destroy it)
- Jungle (Requires 1 Jungle, banana or radish bush to gather seeds from (wont destroy it)
- Snow (Requires 1 snowpile)
- Sand (Requires 1 sandpile)

Features not included:

- You cannot use this mod to 'fill' in holes in the terrain.

Bugs:

If you attempt to convert a tile without having at least 1 Gardening Bench, it will leave behind the blue order 'highlight' squares, which cant be removed by the Cancel order button nor will you be able to interact with that tile. To fix this simple place any block (eg scaffolding) on the broken tile, destroy or delete the block and it will remove the highlight and allow normal use.

This mod edits:
actions.xml
ADVmenu_rightUtil.xml
ADVmenuUtils.xml
ADVmenuZonesUtils.xml
ADVterrainUtils.xml
graphics.ini
items.xml
modname.txt
zones.xml

How to install: (this is an advanced modloader mod)

1. Requires modloader
2. Place the files in the Mods folder found in your Towns folder.
3. Launch ModInstaller.bat

Other mods that edit, menu_rightUtil.xml, menuUtils.xml, menuZonesUtils.xml or terrain.xml have to be installed after this one.
And as always, BACKUP your Towns folder before installing mods
(If you wish to uninstall this mod, please ensure you delete any Gardening Zones and Gardening Benches on any existing maps)

Download Terrain Tiles V5 Mod

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update History:

Version 5:
- Added new graphics for Garden Bench, Dirt Bucket, Grass Bucket, Jungle Bucket, Sand Bucket, Grass Seed Bag and Jungle Seed Bag
- Changed recipes, Garden bench now requires 3 wood instead of 1 wood and 1 stone, bushes will no longer be destroyed (after playing and testing it was far to easy to wipe out trees, especially jungle trees)

Version 4:
- Fixed highlight bug on unavailable raw resources (credit to Atoning Unifex)
- Fixed Container bug (credit also to Atoning Unifex)
- Added new Gardening Zone
- Added new Gardening Bench
- Reverted recipes from version 3a and added required use of new Gardening Bench

Version 3a:
- Change required items, sandpile, snowpile and mud to palmtree bush, snow bush and apple/pear/pine/mushroom/normal bush.

Version 2:
- Added new menus
- Fixed wording to be more descriptive

Version 1:
- Initial release
Last edited by York on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 26 times in total.
York

Re: [ML 10.x][0.50b] Terrain Tiles by York

Postby Jontis_00 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Sounds like a nice mod :)
Added you to the Modloader list, but shouldn't the title say ML 11.x?

Also I think the terrain blue marker thingy is a glitch in the game.
My Mods: 13 000+ downloads!

Check out and help test the new Creative Mod Reloaded.
Jontis_00

Re: [ML 11.x][0.50b] Terrain Tiles by York

Postby York » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Changed it to 11.x ^^

And aye, the blue marker thingy, i noticed in the changelog that it was fixed in the last patch when used with tilling, its possibly the same thing (if its hard coded as i think it is, then the actions i added may not be recognised)
York

Postby Jon_jon13 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:18 pm

May I suggest the use of scaffolding in case the bug happens? It may be best than building a wooden block, 'cause it's free.

EDIT: Glad i could help
Last edited by Jon_jon13 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby York » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Jon_jon13 wrote:May I suggest the use of scaffolding in case the bug happens? It may be best than building a wooden block, 'cause it's free.

Good call, thanks. Just checked ingame and it works too, amended main post.
York

Postby JackPS9 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:36 pm

I may have to download this to get rid of all that damn stone stopping me from building a nice farm area.
JackPS9

Postby York » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:41 pm

It was exactly that which prompted me to start fiddling with the files! well that and having messy rock strewn around my lovely tavern. I actually first tried to add the ability to craft the blocks as actual items, it sort of worked but when the blocks were placed they didnt count as terrain, but as walls so farms wouldn't work on them, they also didn't get affected by the shadows so the placed grass would actually be alot darker in colour than the original grass (plus they would be affected by transparency)
This way its all tidy and correct.

When the next update comes and i can add new UI icons, ill add the 3 other grass types as an option, mowed lawns ftw :D
York

Postby JackPS9 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Found a tiny bug...
Loaded up the map I was working on (Even had it totaly Siege proof) and I couldn't convert the tiles/blocks at all. Though they would try to go get the mud, but they wouldn't follow through with the action.
I started a new map and it worked.
JackPS9

Postby Spyre2000 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:59 pm

The terrain blocks might have their stats set on creation. I found this issue when trying to tweak the Towns Folk to walk faster. Only new ones would get the edited stats.

So it's likely the addition of the command to terrain that allows it to edit them is already set. I recall the creative mod description mentioning a similar issue. That instant digging/mining only worked for new maps and not old ones.
Spyre2000

Postby York » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:28 pm

JackPS9 wrote:Found a tiny bug...
Loaded up the map I was working on (Even had it totaly Siege proof) and I couldn't convert the tiles/blocks at all. Though they would try to go get the mud, but they wouldn't follow through with the action.
I started a new map and it worked.

Did they actually walk to the mud, pick it up and walk to the terrain tile?

The technical queue is:
move to mud
wait few seconds
destroy mud on tile
create mud
move to terrain
wait 54 seconds
destroy mud
change terrain.

At which point did they stop?

Also did the mud exist before loading the map? have you tried mining some grass blocks to generate new mud?
Last edited by York on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
York

Next

Return to Released mods