[0.60a] More plants and animals!

Post here your released mods

[0.60a] More plants and animals!

Postby Aduvash » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:12 pm

I created this mod because I noticed a lack of plants in the normal game, this isn't quite finished but I added enough stuff for it to be different from the normal game, if there's any bugs or problems tell me so I can fix them. Also, start on a mixed map if you want the full experience, there's stuff from all the different map types so a mixed map is best.

Download link

Thanks to Effix, Yetichow and Elvers (He made graphics for something that I haven't coded yet), I also got the graphics for some of the animals from someone named Reiner “Tiles” Prokein who has a site where he creates graphics here.

I used google translate to translate stuff into spanish, if one of the translations is wrong tell me so I can fix it.

Feature list:
Added deer farms It was annoying not having them
Added sheep An animal which can be sheared for wool
Added preserves An alternative to pies which require two of a fruit instead of one and a flour
Added blueberries A fruit which grows in both the snow and the grassland
Added pumpkins A vegetable which grows in the grassland
Added mushroom gardens A decoration akin to the flower gardens
Added coffee A new plant which grows in the jungle and can be made into coffee which increases your townies speed
Added Effix's graphics tweaks A nice texture pack that improves some of the textures
Added more flowers More coloured flowers
Added scarecrows Can be used as bait for monsters
Added horses They don't do much, I haven't even added farms for them yet..
Added rabbits They don't do much, I haven't even added farms for them yet..
Added dragonflies They don't do much
Added bamboo Can only be made into walls, more features later
Removed the edibility of raw meat Townies eating raw meat was more of a curse rather than a blessing

If you want a plant post here and say what you want.

Also, if you want the mod without Effix's graphics pack follow these instructions:

Effix wrote:p.s. For people that want to try this mod but not the graphics tweaks:
- Skip overwriting the Towns\data\graphics folder
- Copy moreplantsandanimals.png from the downloaded files to data\graphics
Last edited by Aduvash on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 10 times in total.
You are a primitive human not an insult; a forum game. [Currently dead] Note that this was the first forum game on the towns forum, I'm a trend setter. :D
More Plants and Animals! [0.50]
Aduvash

Re: More plants and animals, with graphics by Effix

Postby burningpet » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Did i just spot coffee? yes i have! haha, i love it. i guess the hyper effect is due to the coffee?
burningpet

Postby Aduvash » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:48 pm

I was trying to collect screenshots to put up but the mod has a weird problem, the planted coffee trees look like blueberry bushes... The non planted ones are fine, the harvested ones are fine, the planted harvest-able ones are coded to take from the same tile as the non planted ones, but they don't, instead they take from the first tile which is the blueberry bush.. I can't find the cause for this and it's really bugging me..
You are a primitive human not an insult; a forum game. [Currently dead] Note that this was the first forum game on the towns forum, I'm a trend setter. :D
Aduvash

Postby burningpet » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Its probably a typo somewhere. whenever an item cant locate a sprite, it uses 0,0 by default.
burningpet

Postby Aduvash » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:38 pm

burningpet wrote:Its probably a typo somewhere. whenever an item cant locate a sprite, it uses 0,0 by default.

There doesn't seem to be a typo, here's the exact code from the file:

[plantedcoffeetree]TILE_x = 1
[plantedcoffeetree]TILE_Y = 2
[plantedcoffeetree]TEXTURE_FILE = moreplantsandanimals.png
[plantedcoffeetree]TILE_HEIGHT = 64

It defaulted to the blueberry bush so it had to use some of that code otherwise it would've been the graphics for the default item in the 'items' file, why it doesn't follow the rest of it is the question.
Aduvash

Postby Effix » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Aduvash wrote:
burningpet wrote:Its probably a typo somewhere. whenever an item cant locate a sprite, it uses 0,0 by default.

There doesn't seem to be a typo, here's the exact code from the file:

[plantedcoffeetree]TILE_x = 1
[plantedcoffeetree]TILE_Y = 2
[plantedcoffeetree]TEXTURE_FILE = moreplantsandanimals.png
[plantedcoffeetree]TILE_HEIGHT = 64

It defaulted to the blueberry bush so it had to use some of that code otherwise it would've been the graphics for the default item in the 'items' file, why it doesn't follow the rest of it is the question.

I haven't gotten to testing yet and not sure if it matters but it says TILE_x above, instead of TILE_X (capital X).
Effix

Postby Aduvash » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Effix wrote:I haven't gotten to testing yet and not sure if it matters but it says TILE_x above, instead of TILE_X (capital X).

That did it... I'll need to be more careful of my capitalization in the future...

Now that that's out of the way I'll put a picture up soon, I'll also upload a new version which fixes all the bugs I found. Including that one...
Aduvash

Postby Aduvash » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Added a picture and a download link for a fixed version of it. If there are any bugs tell me, and if there's a plant you want post here and say what it is.
Aduvash

Re: [0.50] More plants and animals, with graphics by Effix

Postby Effix » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:14 am

- The production menu is missing butcher lambchops & gather sheep milk, see my tutorial for details.
- Looks like the wild plants stay when you pick one, this is not in line with other wild plants (they disappear). It is how the pear and apple trees work though but maybe you're making things a bit too easy this way.
- Maybe lower the pumpkin quantity, making them more rare... a matter of taste..
Effix

Re: [0.50] More plants and animals, with graphics by Effix

Postby Aduvash » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Effix wrote:- The production menu is missing butcher lambchops & gather sheep milk, see my tutorial for details.
- Looks like the wild plants stay when you pick one, this is not in line with other wild plants (they disappear). It is how the pear and apple trees work though but maybe you're making things a bit too easy this way.
- Maybe lower the pumpkin quantity, making them more rare... a matter of taste..

Fixed these, pumpkins no longer stay when you pick them and I made most of the fruit less common. I thought I added butcher and milk sheep but I didn't.. oh well, fixed for the next version.

Does anyone want anything added? even if it's just a flower pot I'll probably include it.
Aduvash

Next

Return to Released mods